dana white needs to take a chill pill!!

teamrampage69

if the anderson Silva fight had only been 3 rounds it would hae been considered an outstanding performance by anderson, then 4th and 5th rounds are boring so what. anderson did what he needed to do, dominated maia. demian had a broken freaking nose and eye that was swollen shut, it was a clear domination of maia, for dana to leave in the 4the round throw a hissy fit. im more likely to stop watching the ufc because of dana white not supporting his champions for fighting stragically, and not bowing to his wishes, then i am for two lackluster rounds by sila. dana please read this u a wake up and smell the coffee!!

Nobody pays to see a guy run in a circle for almost 3 whole rounds.....period. exp. not the most dominate striker in MMA....Not when you are paying to see a fight.. I mean it is one thing to wait for the counter punch, but to spend the whole time yelling at your opp. telling him common, when your not being aggressive either......This isn't the first time we have seen this from Silva. Dana has every right to be pissd. What Silva did was just straight disrespectful and stupid..

The point is that this was a big deal for Dana and the UFC to try and sell the promotion to the middle east, hence two title fights on the card.

For 2 of UFC's biggest draws, (BJ PENN and A.SILVA) to look as lucklaster and jaded as they did is seriously bad press for the UFC. On this night of ALL nights. I think that is what has upset Dana more then anything.

As for Anderson Silva especially though, during round 2 i'll happily admit, I was applauding Silva. It was entertaining and funny (kinda like the forest griffen but without the finish). Now, If he'd have knocked Damien Maia out in the same showy fashion at the end of round 2 say, everyone would be raving about Anderson Silva's performance and saying how great he is!!!.

The fact that he did not, then proceeded to dance around the ring for 3 rounds like a coward earned him rightful critisim and boo's and to be honest, he created that all himself. Not Dana, Not the UFC, nobody But Silva.

Bottom Line > If your gonna dance around taking the piss like Silva did, he HAD to knock Damian out. He did not and the rest is history.....

I'll say the first 2 rounds were entertaining... But for those rounds Silva was engaging...Round 3 was a bit iffy.. By that point I was like ok enough is enough, just finish him. Some showboating is cool, but common you have to follow through. I am a Silva fan but damn..

i dont really think that running away from your opponent and having a ref warn the CHAMPION of the UFC and one of the top p4p fighters in the world, to STOP running away and do something or lose points, is strategic in any sense of the word. I think everyone agrees that silva should and could have finished that fight, the real question is why didn't he? And how do you prevent it from happening again.

I honestly think its pretty sh!tty that dana even has to have a convo like that with someone like silva, something was going on in that dudes head. I don't know if he was tired, scared or what, but I think being outdoors played a bigger role in all those fights than what anyone has really given credit to.

if the anderson Silva fight had only been 3 rounds it would hae been considered an outstanding performance by anderson' date=' then 4th and 5th rounds are boring so what. anderson did what he needed to do, dominated maia. demian had a broken freaking nose and eye that was swollen shut, it was a clear domination of maia, for dana to leave in the 4the round throw a hissy fit. im more likely to stop watching the ufc because of dana white not supporting his champions for fighting stragically, and not bowing to his wishes, then i am for two lackluster rounds by sila. dana please read this u a wake up and smell the coffee!![/quote']

totally agree.

Silva is still the champ I'm most interested in watching... except for the new LW champ! Good job Frankie!

if the anderson Silva fight had only been 3 rounds it would hae been considered an outstanding performance by anderson' date=' then 4th and 5th rounds are boring so what. anderson did what he needed to do, dominated maia. demian had a broken freaking nose and eye that was swollen shut, it was a clear domination of maia, for dana to leave in the 4the round throw a hissy fit. im more likely to stop watching the ufc because of dana white not supporting his champions for fighting stragically, and not bowing to his wishes, then i am for two lackluster rounds by sila. dana please read this u a wake up and smell the coffee!![/quote']

yes i agree to many people take dana's word an run with it. the crowd wernt even that unhappy. its was a crazy performance by silva he completely outclassed maia and proved maia didnt have the right to be there. apart from him not finishing the fight it was one of the best ufc performances ever. just because dana went mad it started the ball rolling and everyone jus followed what dana said. if dana would of been cheering silva half the people on this forum would be saying how good silva was.

THIS WHOLE THING HAS BEEN WELL BLOWN OUT OF PROPORTION

clearly if the bout would have been 3 rounds only silva punish and toy with maia so i understand anderson fans but the 4th and 5th rounds were digusting anderson could have finish at any time it look like he just didnt want to and thats a problem and dana is right we as fans expect more from the p4p best fighter in the world and he is the best p4p fighter or very close to

Bottom line is Silva was out of line with some of the things he did.

I think Dana said it right by saying this is a fight not a comedy show.

What i don't get is how is this even close to a good performance? Maybe if Silva was actually fighting for more than half the fight i have to agree it would of been but come on a lot of the stuff he did was uncalled for.

I get the whole toying with maia thing and displaying his skills....but after a while you need to actually start to fight. I'm not saying go in for the knockout, i get what he said by not wanting to take chances, but he was literally just avoiding maia at a certain point. It was completely ridiculous.

just because dana went mad it started the ball rolling and everyone jus followed what dana said. if dana would of been cheering silva half the people on this forum would be saying how good silva was.

Not the case at all..... I wouldn't care if Dana LOVED IT! My mind was made up be4 dana ever walked out n said a word. Silva did look good, hell he looked great, for two and a half rounds lol.

I actually agree with you whole heartedly !

Sorry , but no. I gained a little respect for Dana calling Anderson on this finally. He needed to be called on his behavior. No ones fault but Anderson's. I have a request, please explain to us how you feel like Anderson used strategy? It is clearly seen he was show boating and disrespecting Maia

Archived