Gsp vs silva..

JBEVIL

When you stand with GSP you get :

jon-fitch-3.jpg

For video go to : http://www.mmaroot.com/georges-st-pierre-vs-jon-fitch-ufc-87-video/

For all you Anderson "the circus clown" Silva fans out there, its time to smell the coffee. I'm sick of people thinking Silva is better then GSP. In my honest opinion, i think GSP is on a whole other level. Remember hes bigger, faster, and stronger. You all think GSP is boring now since the Hardy fight. Get a Grip its MMA Mixed Martial Arts people, It just proves GSP is superior then more then one aspect of the game. Silva has his striking against GSP and really thats still not enough. GSP has outstanding takedowns, when Silva would strike or throw a leg kick GSP will counter with a take down, keep silva down ground and pound TKO, submission, we wouldn't know cuz remember folks, he really can do it all !

And on the other note ( because i know someone will mention it ). Whoever thinks GSP is gun shy since serra are clearly out of there minds and havent done their homework, people who talk like they know what there talking about but dont keep up to date with the fighters there argueing over is pretty damn sad. Jon fitch Vs GSP UFC 87 (still not that long ago) Matt Serra Vs GSP 1 UFC 69 ( pretty damn long ago), and for the ones who forget GSP came back and destroyed Serra, and did the same to Hughes, avenged his only 2 loss's hes ever had by domination ! So basically the man is undefeated my friends.. 20 - 2 for GSP, and 25 - 4 for Silva, Silva is not invincible like you all think and neither is GSP ! but Silva has lost 2 more times then GSP has and they were before he was signed to UFC. Everyone thinks Silva needs a challenge, GSP needs a challenge, Not one of his fights after Serra did he ever lose a round but dominated them entirely..

GSP said after the Dan Hardy fight that he wasnt satisfied either. He agrees it wasnt his best fights, GSP is a perfectionist though, once he makes a mistake it usually never happens again. He said he tried too hard to submit him, most guys would have tapped but props to hardy for risking his arm. but regardless GSP dominated Hardy without a doubt and truely did make him look like he didnt belong in there, he controlled the whole fight, didnt finish the fight like he wanted, but he will learn and come back from that.. GSP is still young and only getting better and better, let the legacy begin, WAR GSP !!

So in my honest opinion i would bet the house on GSP, Extremely more well rounded fighter, Extremely intelligent, I really cant see him losing, say what you want Silva fans but with everything i just said i think you can agree with most if not all of it. Anyway, let the arguements begin also (Y) haha

I think Silva would win just because hes so good at stopping peoples forward attacks(including takedowns)

Hes got lead hands and a deadly upkick, to say a punchers chance would be unrealistic more like a punchers probability.

He is also very well versed on the ground, so even if GSP gets him to the ground its not the end of the fight.

I think Silva would win just because hes so good at stopping peoples forward attacks(including takedowns)

Hes got lead hands and a deadly upkick' date=' to say a punchers chance would be unrealistic more like a punchers probability.

[b']He is also very well versed on the ground, so even if GSP gets him to the ground its not the end of the fight[/b].

So well versed he refuses to go to the ground no matter what right?

Probably why he ducked Hendo #2

jon-fitch-3.jpg

For video go to : http://www.mmaroot.com/georges-st-pierre-vs-jon-fitch-ufc-87-video/

For all you Anderson "the circus clown" Silva fans out there' date=' its time to smell the coffee. I'm sick of people thinking Silva is better then GSP. In my honest opinion, i think GSP is on a whole other level. Remember hes bigger, faster, and stronger. You all think GSP is boring now since the Hardy fight. Get a Grip its MMA Mixed Martial Arts people, It just proves GSP is superior then more then one aspect of the game. Silva has his striking against GSP and really thats still not enough. GSP has outstanding takedowns, when Silva would strike or throw a leg kick GSP will counter with a take down, keep silva down ground and pound TKO, submission, we wouldn't know cuz remember folks, he really can do it all !

And on the other note ( because i know someone will mention it ). Whoever thinks GSP is gun shy since serra are clearly out of there minds and havent done their homework, people who talk like they know what there talking about but dont keep up to date with the fighters there argueing over is pretty damn sad. Jon fitch Vs GSP UFC 87 (still not that long ago) Matt Serra Vs GSP 1 UFC 69 ( pretty damn long ago), and for the ones who forget GSP came back and destroyed Serra, and did the same to Hughes, avenged his only 2 loss's hes ever had by domination ! So basically the man is undefeated my friends.. 20 - 2 for GSP, and 25 - 4 for Silva, Silva is not invincible like you all think and neither is GSP ! but Silva has lost 2 more times then GSP has and they were before he was signed to UFC. Everyone thinks Silva needs a challenge, GSP needs a challenge, Not one of his fights after Serra did he ever lose a round but dominated them entirely..

GSP said after the Dan Hardy fight that he wasnt satisfied either. He agrees it wasnt his best fights, GSP is a perfectionist though, once he makes a mistake it usually never happens again. He said he tried too hard to submit him, most guys would have tapped but props to hardy for risking his arm. but regardless GSP dominated Hardy without a doubt and truely did make him look like he didnt belong in there, he controlled the whole fight, didnt finish the fight like he wanted, but he will learn and come back from that.. GSP is still young and only getting better and better, let the legacy begin, WAR GSP !!

So in my honest opinion[b'] i would bet the house on GSP[/b], Extremely more well rounded fighter, Extremely intelligent, I really cant see him losing, say what you want Silva fans but with everything i just said i think you can agree with most if not all of it. Anyway, let the arguements begin also (Y) haha

I'd take that bet.

He should fight were he has advantage yes, and not jump around like he has his ipod playing "i like to move it move it" or some ****.. haha but GSP would control the fight.. He's more then proven he dominates anywhere feet or ground and usually takes you down when he wants to and almost always finds your weakness so.. you silva fans should stop being so ****y

Have you been on some of the GSP threads lately lol

EDIT: No you havent but after 111 it was pretty bad

I find the Silva fans talk alot more crap but cant really back it up as much as GSP can..

I enjoyed 111, i thought it was a good fight, GSP's ground game is still rock solid, he wanted to try something different and submit Hardy, well not really different, but he hasnt got a sudmission in a while so he went for it, made a small mistake, but was never for one second in trouble.. next fight, you all will be thinkin differently

He should fight were he has advantage yes' date=' and not jump around like he has his ipod playing "i like to move it move it" or some ****.. haha but GSP would control the fight.. He's more then proven he dominates anywhere feet or ground and usually takes you down when he wants to and almost always finds your weakness so.. you silva fans should stop being so ****y[/quote']

I believe that Silva's footwork is the major factor in this fight. GSP has a quick shot, not disputing that but Anderson has the most accurate striking in the UFC. In order to take him down he needs to close the distance and who knows how much damage he'll eat on the way in. Silva's striking is off the chart good and GSP would not want to mess around with The Spider standing.

I believe that Silva's footwork is the major factor in this fight. GSP has a quick shot' date=' not disputing that but Anderson has the most accurate striking in the UFC. In order to take him down he needs to close the distance and who knows how much damage he'll eat on the way in. Silva's striking is off the chart good and GSP would not want to mess around with The Spider standing.[/quote']

Okay so how did Maia survive 5 rounds against Silva standing the whole time (with failed take down attempts from maia) and still not finish him. & maia is not known for his striking at all and still hit silva with a few shots in the 3rd 4th and 5th. GSP has outstanding striking also.. and like i said almost always finds your weakness and dominates it, his new favourite thing " I take each fight and look at it like a mathematic problem" and "i want all the odds on my side" haha I dunno boys, if this sh*t goes down one day i think your in for a suprise :)

Okay so how did Maia survive 5 rounds against Silva standing the whole time (with failed take down attempts from maia) and still not finish him. & maia is not known for his striking at all and still hit silva with a few shots in the 3rd 4th and 5th. GSP has outstanding striking also.. and like i said almost always finds your weakness and dominates it' date=' his new favourite thing " I take each fight and look at it like a mathematic problem" and "i want all the odds on my side" haha I dunno boys, if this sh*t goes down one day i think your in for a suprise :)[/quote']

If you honestly think Silva couldnt of finished that fight within the first round youre a fool. Why he didnt is beyond me but it wasnt cause he was incapable

Okay so how did Maia survive 5 rounds against Silva standing the whole time (with failed take down attempts from maia) and still not finish him. & maia is not known for his striking at all and still hit silva with a few shots in the 3rd 4th and 5th. GSP has outstanding striking also.. and like i said almost always finds your weakness and dominates it' date=' his new favourite thing " I take each fight and look at it like a mathematic problem" and "i want all the odds on my side" haha I dunno boys, if this sh*t goes down one day i think your in for a suprise :)[/quote']

I can't tell if your serious or not. Ignorant or trolling?

If you honestly think Silva couldnt of finished that fight within the first round youre a fool. Why he didnt is beyond me but it wasnt cause he was incapable

oh clearly i think he could of ended it even earlier, Silva without a doubt won that fight completely, but a guy like maia last 5 rounds with Silva standing?** Correction: Maia was chump change in the first place.. Silva gets the no names, GSP Dominates his division agaisnt the very very best in his division, Josh koscheck, Thiago Alves, Jon Fitch, BJ Penn, all who of which still are amazing athletes aswell, but GSP is just way too much for them all.. Not saying the same goes for Silva in his division, but i believe GSP has fought tougher people at his level then Silva has fought at his.

is it Silvas fault though seriously? and if shogun beats machida' date=' and Lyoto falls off the contender path i bet Anderson goes for the LHW title[/quote']

Not his fault at all but thats were i see GSP having an advantage aswell, all in all i just really think GSP has the skills and past to prove that he should not be rated under Silva, but as equal until they fight, because no matter what anyone says on this forum, GSP is not scared of Silva, Never was, never will be, and its sickening when people are putting GSP so far under Silva when you know GSP has a just as much chance on winning if not more then silva has on winning.. were just gonna have to wait and see

Exactly.. Dana should realize whoever wins or loses will still be the amazing fighters they always were. Im not gonna hate GSP if he loses, im a true fan, i hate the ones who only go for the best and if they lose then they dont like them anymore.. im still a chuck fan for christ sakes :P

Exactly.. Dana should realize whoever wins or loses will still be the amazing fighters they always were. Im not gonna hate GSP if he loses' date=' im a true fan, i hate the ones who only go for the best and if they lose then they dont like them anymore.. im still a chuck fan for christ sakes :P[/quote']

Yea T.Silva is still one of my top if not favorite fighter.

The champion Speculation is all well and good but i like following guys like T.Silva, Jones(before he became so mainstream), Wandi, hell im even a Bisping fan.

Yea T.Silva is still one of my top if not favorite fighter.

The champion Speculation is all well and good but i like following guys like T.Silva' date=' Jones(before he became so mainstream), Wandi, hell im even a Bisping fan.[/quote']

ha see im a henderson fan :P that knockout on Bisping was brutal.. but Bisping is still a good fighter.

+1.. Silva could have finished the fight in the 1st easy.. I think he was just trying to make a fool of maia but in the process only made himself look like a fool..

But back to the topic..

I think silva would ko GSP in the 2nd round..

Silvas striking is far superior to GSP's striking and I find it hard to believe GSP can get silva down because of the fact that silva is a counter striker and doesn't take chances or put himself in bad possitions..

If this happens at 185 gsp has no chance at all..

At 170 I give gsp a much bigger chance of winning

jon-fitch-3.jpg

For all you Anderson "the circus clown" Silva fans out there' date=' its time to smell the coffee. I'm sick of people thinking Silva is better then GSP. In my honest opinion, i think GSP is on a whole other level. Remember hes bigger, faster, and stronger. You all think GSP is boring now since the Hardy fight. Get a Grip its MMA Mixed Martial Arts people, It just proves GSP is superior then more then one aspect of the game. Silva has his striking against GSP and really thats still not enough. GSP has outstanding takedowns, when Silva would strike or throw a leg kick GSP will counter with a take down, keep silva down ground and pound TKO, submission, we wouldn't know cuz remember folks, he really can do it all !

So in my honest opinion i would bet the house on GSP, Extremely more well rounded fighter, Extremely intelligent, I really cant see him losing, say what you want Silva fans but with everything i just said i think you can agree with most if not all of it. Anyway, let the arguements begin also (Y) haha[/quote']

i think with a little bit of fairy dust and vasaline he might be able to pull it off

+1.. Silva could have finished the fight in the 1st easy.. I think he was just trying to make a fool of maia but in the process only made himself look like a fool..

But back to the topic..

I think silva would ko GSP in the 2nd round..

Silvas striking is far superior to GSP's striking and I find it hard to believe GSP can get silva down because of the fact that silva is a counter striker and doesn't take chances or put himself in bad possitions..

If this happens at 185 gsp has no chance at all..

At 170 I give gsp a much bigger chance of winning

uhhh GSP has amazing counter takedowns.. He has always found a way to take down each and every opponent more then like 5 times a fight, look at the serra number 2 fight.. when serra attacked GSP countered with a takedown, completely sweeps him off his feet like it was a movie.. You are understimating GSP man, you have no idea what hes capable of and like i said he is only getting better.. watch every GSP fight and tell me he doesnt have a equal chance if not better chance in winning the fight.. like i said earlier, GSP has fought tougher fighters at his level then Silva did at his level..

Wtf is this bigger' date=' faster, stronger crap, lol? How is GSP any of those things compared to Anderson? I'm sorry, but your topic is very delusional.[/quote']

Did you not watch primetime UFC 111, GSP says it himself, he tries to get better each and every day, he never drinks, goes to clubs but drinks a water, he is completely dedicated to fighting hes training every single day, says you can never be perfect, but you can be very close.. and GSP is the perfect fighter in UFC history.. His record is amazing, Hes faught really tough guys who are still all really tough today.. and he tottally outclasses every fighter even at there strengths.. mock my words man, GSP would not lose this fight.

Did you not watch primetime UFC 111' date=' GSP says it himself, he tries to get better each and every day, he never drinks, goes to clubs but drinks a water, he is completely dedicated to fighting hes training every single day, says you can never be perfect, but you can be very close.. and GSP is the perfect fighter in UFC history.. His record is amazing, Hes faught really tough guys who are still all really tough today.. and he tottally outclasses every fighter even at there strengths.. mock my words man, GSP would not lose this fight.[/quote']

...How does any of that make him bigger, faster, or stronger than Anderson? By the way, it's mark my words not mock my words. :P

...How does any of that make him bigger' date=' faster, or stronger than Anderson? By the way, it's mark my words not mock my words. :P[/quote']

lmao i never said he was bigger then silva :P just saying hes getting better each and every day.. hes still a young fighter, and i think he can gain the 15 pounds and fight silva and beat him, i cant believe how much yous underestimate GSP, sorry thats what i ment :P mark my words, pretty tired over here

lmao i never said he was bigger then silva :P just saying hes getting better each and every day.. hes still a young fighter' date=' and i think he can gain the 15 pounds and fight silva and beat him, i cant believe how much yous underestimate GSP, sorry thats what i ment :P mark my words, pretty tired over here[/quote']

Well you said "remember he is bigger, faster, stronger" so I assumed you were comparing him to Anderson. I'm not underestimating GSP, I'm just not going to ignore how good Silva is...and I don't even like him. GSP wouldn't land every single take down on Anderson I don't think, and for every take-down he misses, Anderson will make him pay for it more than any other fighter he has faced. When GSP does get him down, then he will have to control somebody who is much bigger and stronger than anyone he has ever faced, and unlike Hardy, Silva has grappling experience and a black belt in bjj. Obviously as far as striking goes, there isn't any competition...Silva is no Jon Fitch so I guarantee his face won't be looking like that. You can say GSP has fought tough competition all day, but Silva's competition hasn't been as bad as you make it sound, he has just made them look bad.

I am sorry to say so, but GSP vs Silva will probably not be the insane fight proving the p4p fighter...

Shy?

Well...

Silva has always been a defensive fighter.. Meaning he does his best when others attack.. If it is a takedown atempt or a punch or a kick does not matter...

GSP has always been a smart fighter.. his winning skill is wrestling/G&P, but he will never face anyone where they are the strongest..

So who will this fight play out..

GSP would wait for Silva to attack and Silva for GSP to attack..

The only diffrence is that i feel Silva will be weeker at 170 and probably have some disadvantages fighting at that weight..

But what do i know... The thrill about this fight is that out of all the fighters in the UFC, GSP is one of the few that might have good enough MMA wrestling to stop Silva.. But then again GSP has been knocked down and out before.. So it is still and open fight..

I would love to see it, but i fear it might be boring, if none of the fighters decides to attack..

uhhh GSP has amazing counter takedowns.. He has always found a way to take down each and every opponent more then like 5 times a fight' date=' look at the serra number 2 fight.. when serra attacked GSP countered with a takedown, completely sweeps him off his feet like it was a movie.. You are understimating GSP man, you have no idea what hes capable of and like i said he is only getting better.. watch every GSP fight and tell me he doesnt have a equal chance if not better chance in winning the fight.. like i said earlier, GSP has fought tougher fighters at his level then Silva did at his level..[/quote']

Please don't compare that midget from jersey to A.silva..

I've seen most if not all of GSPs fights..

The dude is amazing.. But silva is just on another level.. The only hope for GSP would b to take silva down but truth is not a single person should b convinced that GSP can even get Silva down.. Yes GSP would take down rashad and nate during training, but still they aren't Silva, no way GSP can ko or tko silva and rolling on the ground with silva for 5 rounds doesn't sound like a good idea to me.. Even if its GSP..

Anderson Silva will beat GSP straight up. He won't take GSP lightly because GSP is a worthy challenger. When he takes people seriously, he destroys them. I honestly believe he is fed up with fighting people not in his league. Unfortunatly for him, not many fighters are. I do think he should fight GSP, then Belfort, then possibly W.Silva (if he wins his next 2 fights). I think he'll try harder in those fights.

Sonnen is a great wrestler, but he wont get Silva down imo (and if he does, he wont keep him down). I don't think Silva would take Sonnen seriously. But I think he would take GSP, Belfort and Wand seriously.

+1

lol.. You really think GSP wouldnt know what Silva would try and do, he would study Silva to the tee if he was fighting him, he would know when to take him down, catch him when he least expects it, and take him down, GSP is very light on the feet, doesnt get hit very often, and would only shoot for the takedown when Silva strikes, You all have to take everything into consideration.. GSP isnt just gonna go in and run for the takedown, he would wait for his chance and he would get it just like in every fight hes ever had.. its were he is dominant and for sure were Silva is the weakest.. Hell i can even see GSP knockin Silva out cuz GSP has amazing striking, Silva might seem to be better cuz he likes it on the feet and George mixes it up, but never doubt GSPs striking ability please you have no idea what your talking about.

Archived