A.Silva warned the UFC...

Road_Apple

..., him and his team have been saying for ages that they only want big fights. I'm sure we can all agree that Silva doesn't consider Maia a big fight, or even a fight worthy of his attention. The reason he smashed Forest Griffin is because he is such a huge star in the UFC, a former champion and always brings the fight.

I'm not apologising for Silva, I was screaming at my TV for him to finish Maia and stop jogging, but there you go. The guy is light years ahead of the rest of the MW division, although we don't yet know how he'd cope against Belfor.

His ego is now such that unless he feels he is being put up against the best out there, he just can't be bothered.

I say get him back in the cage asap against one of the UFC's stars, GSP, Belfor, or even Jon Jones!! Then and only then can we expect to see the best from Silva.

Jon Jones is the fight he needs Belfort has great skills and potential and has his whole career but has had moments where he did live up to his abilities. It's a crap shoot with him if you get his best that night then the spider would definately be in for a fight but you need to be sure so go for Jon cuz he gets the spider hurt he will finish him and may just retire him. Silva is like Roy Jones back in the day skills are better than everyone else and doesn't want to take too much damage. If Jon fractures Silva's orbital socket like it appeared he did to Vera, Silva would take the money he's made retire back to Brazil

If Maia wasn't "worth his time" then he should have PROVED it by finishing him in the first round. Anderson fought the majority of the fight like he was either too tired or too afraid to finish it.

I dislike silva!

But you don't know what you are talking about!

You will never see that man coming to a fight out of shape or out of his prime !!!!!

He is not professional; but as an athlete and martial artist you won't see anything better than that fool in your life time!

Jon Jones is the fight he needs Belfort has great skills and potential and has his whole career but has had moments where he did live up to his abilities. It's a crap shoot with him if you get his best that night then the spider would definately be in for a fight but you need to be sure so go for Jon cuz he gets the spider hurt he will finish him and may just retire him. Silva is like Roy Jones back in the day skills are better than everyone else and doesn't want to take too much damage. If Jon fractures Silva's orbital socket like it appeared he did to Vera' date=' Silva would take the money he's made retire back to Brazil[/quote']

Oh man; Jon Jones will give it up to silva on the first round; I wish he could be the man to do the job; but I know he won't do to silva what he did to vera even in the best fight of his dreams!

You might be forgetting that Soares picked this fight...

The point is Silva is the big dog of the MW division, he needs motivation to prepare for fights and hopefully finish them. Maybe it was just an FU to the UFC? What other matches were there for him at short notice? Nate again? Hell no. Who is there apart from Sonnen and Maia?? Name a decent MW challenger for Silva.......no?

The UFC needed a big main card attraction for this event and Silva (based on his last fight) would provide that. It is probable that he didn't even want to turn up in Abu Dhabi and fight...it certainly looked that way.

And a tired fighter doesn't dance on the balls of his feet and throw the odd spinning kick and easily leap out of takedown attempts. Tired? No way. Bored? Yes.

For my money this was Silva sending Dana a message. Either HUGE fights, or no fights.

...' date=' him and his team have been saying for ages that they only want big fights. I'm sure we can all agree that Silva doesn't consider Maia a big fight, or even a fight worthy of his attention. The reason he smashed Forest Griffin is because he is such a huge star in the UFC, a former champion and always brings the fight.

I'm not apologising for Silva, I was screaming at my TV for him to finish Maia and stop jogging, but there you go. The guy is light years ahead of the rest of the MW division, although we don't yet know how he'd cope against Belfor.

His ego is now such that unless he feels he is being put up against the best out there, he just can't be bothered.

I say get him back in the cage asap against one of the UFC's stars, GSP, Belfor, or even Jon Jones!! Then and only then can we expect to see the best from Silva.[/quote']

Why would the UFC reward that ****tery with a huge super fight against GSP or any top LWH?

You watch, he will get nothing until he puts on a great MW title defense performance, or vacates the belt to move to LHW.

I think you guys have all good points but from what I think' date=' Silva was just booing Dana White, next fight he will come up strong no matter which oponent he faces[/quote']

Agree 100% !!!!!!

Dana will give chael to silva; and silva can do to chael what he did to maia; however I have no doubt that silva will make a tatoo of his fists in chael's brain; You will see !!!!!! Oh man, I feel bad for that dude !!!!

...' date=' him and his team have been saying for ages that they only want big fights. I'm sure we can all agree that Silva doesn't consider Maia a big fight, or even a fight worthy of his attention. The reason he smashed Forest Griffin is because he is such a huge star in the UFC, a former champion and always brings the fight.

I say get him back in the cage asap against one of the UFC's stars, GSP, Belfor, or even Jon Jones!! Then and only then can we expect to see the best from Silva.[/quote']

Really??

I get plenty of work put across my desk that I don't feel is "big work" or "worthy of me" but I still f.ucking do it, otherwise I'd get fired.

Oh man; Jon Jones will give it up to silva on the first round; I wish he could be the man to do the job; but I know he won't do to silva what he did to vera even in the best fight of his dreams!

Probably true, although the kids game and would bring it. I Dunno you know, I can kinda see Anderson Silva trying all the piss-taking to Bones Jones and then Jones just picking up Anderson, double leg style off the ground and landing him on his head before elbowing him into submission :) That'll learn Silva, the spawny f*cker :)

Screw Silva! No one fighter is bigger than the UFC! His attitude is disrespectful to the other fighters! Much kudos to Maia for maintaining his dignity while Silva acted like a prat!

Why would the UFC reward that ****tery with a huge super fight against GSP or any top LWH?

You watch' date=' he will get nothing until he puts on a great MW title defense performance, or vacates the belt to move to LHW.[/quote']

Well I wonder what sort of contract he is on? Could the UFC simply take his belt away from him and tell him he is moving up to 205?

As for why, he is the best P4P MMA guy in the world. The UFC cannot afford to let him go to Strikeforce so either they give him what he wants and make loads of cash or cut him and look like jerks.

I want to see him move up to 205 and make a run at the title. I'm not interested in a fight with GSP.

You watch' date=' he will get nothing until he puts on a great MW title defense performance, or vacates the belt to move to LHW.[/quote']

dana wants to preserve the big dogs of ufc; gsp, silva; they won't fight! I have GSP over silva on my top list; however; A fight against silva is not a good deal for gsp; he knows that, for money yes; but, GSP has no chance on making 3th round with silva!

Gsp doesn't deserve that !!!

Really??

I get plenty of work put across my desk that I don't feel is "big work" or "worthy of me" but I still f.ucking do it' date=' otherwise I'd get fired.[/quote']

Me too, but then I'm not the P4P MMA king and neither are you.

Silva is the most successful UFC fighter in history and he knows it. The UFC don't usually cut their biggest stars no matter if they act like dbags (see Lesnar).

He holds the belt and he has to defend it. If he doesnt want to fight guys in his division and defend his belt he should give it up. The guys in that division put blood sweat and tears in reaching a title shot and they have to get in there with a guy that runs and hides behind the referee.

Can't find the link right this second, but in an interview with Dana on Apr 8th he mentioned that he is of the opinion that going forward, champs that want to jump around weight classes will have to vacate the belt to do so.

Could be the win win solution for both parties and fans as well. I don't think Dana wants Silva as MW champ if his last 3 title defenses are going to be any indication of the fight he is going to put on. SIlva only wants big name fights, which there really aren't any at MW.

Probably true' date=' although the kids game and would bring it. I Dunno you know, I can kinda see Anderson Silva trying all the piss-taking to Bones Jones and then Jones just picking up Anderson, double leg style off the ground and landing him on his head before elbowing him into submission :) That'll learn Silva, the spawny f*cker :)[/quote']

the thig about that f*cker; he can kill when he wants to kill; if I was dana I woun't do that to that kid; let him rule after silva leaves; the fear in jon jones face before they touch gloves would be clear; he would be a easy treat for the spider !!!!

He holds the belt and he has to defend it. If he doesnt want to fight guys in his division and defend his belt he should give it up. The guys in that division put blood sweat and tears in reaching a title shot and they have to get in there with a guy that runs and hides behind the referee.

But that doesnt make any sence,

your basically saying "Silva is soo good that because he is sooo good he should give up the belt and move up" Why? he is the best, so he holds the belt, if no one can challenge him then so be it, but give up the belt, just so someone else can win it...no

But that doesnt make any sence' date='

your basically saying "Silva is soo good that because he is sooo good he should give up the belt and move up" Why? he is the best, so he holds the belt, if no one can challenge him then so be it, but give up the belt, just so someone else can win it...no[/quote']

He could choose to vacate the title if he feels there is no point fighting at MW, which there really isn't unless Belfor can come back healthy soon.

He can't just sit on on MW title and refuse to defend.

Boxers vacate and move up all the time so it's not that big a deal.

Sonnen will give Anderson Silva everything he can handle. Sonnen has an iron chin and a great wrestling base. Anderson isn't that great on the ground, and Sonnen is great at getting people there and keeping them there. IMO Sonnen poses more of a threat to Anderson than does Vitor.

Of course, everybody on these forrums will tell me I'm crazy, just like last week when I said that I could see Frankie Edgar gutting out a UD victory against Penn. ;-)

Screw Silva! No one fighter is bigger than the UFC! His attitude is disrespectful to the other fighters! Much kudos to Maia for maintaining his dignity while Silva acted like a prat!

ops...

The most fighters are bigger than the UFC!!!!

Dana is a p. of sh@@##*t... deserve no respect!!!!

Are you 15 years old?(just guessing)

Sonnen will give Anderson Silva everything he can handle. Sonnen has an iron chin and a great wrestling base. Anderson isn't that great on the ground' date=' and Sonnen is great at getting people there and keeping them there. IMO Sonnen poses more of a threat to Anderson than does Vitor.

[/quote']

Maybe, but his chin would be tested big time against Silva. Don't forget that after the Hendo fight he will have learned a lot about takedown defence, and he can work off his back a lot better than Nate.

If Maia wasn't "worth his time" then he should have PROVED it by finishing him in the first round. Anderson fought the majority of the fight like he was either too tired or too afraid to finish it.

really? all i saw was Silva clowning Maia. Just fking with him for 25 minutes. Maia never had a chance.

Well, this is stupid. Guess what, Silva is the MW champ and the belt has to be defended, period. Plus, Silva, hell, everyone knows who is in the MW division, and if you don't, go to the fighters section on the UFC hompage. So Silva could look at the MW division and decide if there is anyone out there that can put on a 'big fight', if not, drop the damn title and go to LHW.

ops...

The most fighters are bigger than the UFC!!!!

Dana is a p. of sh@@##*t... deserve no respect!!!!

Are you 15 years old?(just guessing)

Interesting comment given the grammar used! So "the most fighters" should bow down to anderson silva?! :confused:

well i dont think silva is any position to be making demands, hes no Fedor

fight the guys Dana gives you, if you dont like them, move up to MW permanently or even HW

Silva is talented, dont get me wrong, but dana said it best in the post-fight conference, if you have that much tallent, be like mike tyson, come out and finnish the guy in 2 minutes, dont dance around like a ****.

Silva is talented' date=' dont get me wrong, but dana said it best in the post-fight conference, if you have that much tallent, be like mike tyson, come out and finnish the guy in 2 minutes, dont dance around like a ****.[/quote']

He should move up to LHW, but I think he needs convincing to let go of the MW belt. Either that or the UFC can just strip it off him.

I'm sure he could have finished the fight, but Silva wants to finish big name stars not people like Maia that honestly don't stand a chance against him. Finishing would have proved nothing, it would have been respectful and entertaining but for Silva it made little difference, kinda like squashing a bug.

Give him Belfor and quickly and then he can move up to 205 and clean that division out too.

Archived