What I Would do with Anderson Silva

2below

Alright, so we all know now that Anderson Silva is the last memory of the UFC to date (because UFC 112 just happened). If I were Dana White, I would have had a stern talk with Anderson (which I'm sure he did in his trailer) and see what was REALLY going on with him, not his Ed Soares translated BS. I'm assuming he was unhappy because he has proven that he is the best and has requested to fight the best, yet he is fighting demien maia, who is so far out of Anderson's league it's embarrassing to see the two together in the octagon (as Anderson made apparent).

So, if I'm Dana White I am realizing a heavily anticipated main event is coming (Machida/Shogun 2). This is coming up pretty soon (May 8th). After this week the Silva buzz will die down and the focus will turn to UFC 113's fight card. I, as Dana, would let Anderson take time to think and I would sit down with him and try to work out a future plan for weight, fights, etc. Even though I'm furious at him for making me look like an **** in Abu Dhabi, I still need to respect the fact that he is the best. During now and UFC 113 I would be planning an astounding card to be shown on Spike for free, and this card would be AMAZING - to point of making people salivate. I would air the whole thing (main card and undercard) for free - give people a whole night of FREE amazing fights (really going to have to work hard at making the perfect match ups.. also maybe a free title fight).

Then where do we sit with Anderson? The fans will be ecstatic about the best free card ever on Spike and that just leaves Anderson. I would set up a super fight for him. I know, I know, some might think he needs to be punished, but what does that do for the UFC? Anderson needs to be fighting and he needs to be fighting the best. Match him up with a LHW blockbuster (Shogun if he wins the title, if not, I'm not sure who to match him up with... maybe give him his request to fight HW). People will pay to watch Silva in superfights, they won't steer away from him if it came down to this.

What do you think? This is all hypothetical, not looking to be flamed, just seeing if anyone can give some insight into the situation?

Thanks in advance.

Dana White likes to put on good cards for the fans but i don't think he's air a Shogun vs Silva fight for free.

It doesn't have to be Silva Shogun. Maybe the LW championship for free, Edgar vs. Florian in the future. I dunno, just a thought. He said he wanted to make it up to the fans

I agree with some things you said and disagree with others. First of all, a good/exciting free card would be great, but it would certainly not air all the fights. Secondly, a free title fight won't be given but I hope the hell it wiould because I was disgusted with Silva's performance and may be one of the only things that will help me forget this haha. I want to see GSP stomp Silva and show him who the real P4P king is and that is what I want to see.

I agree with some things you said and disagree with others. First of all' date=' a good/exciting free card would be great, but it would certainly not air all the fights. Secondly, a free title fight won't be given but I hope the hell it wiould because I was disgusted with Silva's performance and may be one of the only things that will help me forget this haha. I want to see GSP stomp Silva and show him who the real P4P king is and that is what I want to see.[/quote']

I would love a GSP/Silva but I don't see Dana making that happen because that would kind of reward Silva and he also said Silva doesn't deserve GSP.

I say be upfront and honest with him.

Silva wants Super FIghts. I'm sure before saturday's debacle Dana and the UFC wanted Silva in Super Fights. I mean it was pretty clear that when/if Silva won this fight his next one would probably be either against GSP or some top5 LHW. Silva then lays an egg for some reason.

So straight up tell him, his next fight is for the MW title. EIther Sonnen or Belfort. If he puts on a good fight like we all know he can, guarantee him a Super Fight afterwards. Even approach him about vacating MW so he doesn't have a belt that needs defending in a division Silva feels has no one of his caliber and free's him up to fight who ever at what ever weight.

BUt straight up none of that happens till he puts on a decent fight in his next MW title defence.

Silva wants Super FIghts. I'm sure before saturday's debacle Dana and the UFC wanted Silva in Super Fights. I mean it was pretty clear that when/if Silva won this fight his next one would probably be either against GSP or some top5 LHW. Silva then lays an egg for some reason.

So straight up tell him' date=' his next fight is for the MW title. EIther Sonnen or Belfort. If he puts on a good fight like we all know he can, guarantee him a Super Fight afterwards. Even approach him about vacating MW so he doesn't have a belt that needs defending in a division Silva feels has no one of his caliber and free's him up to fight who ever at what ever weight.

BUt straight up none of that happens till he puts on a decent fight in his next MW title defence.[/quote']

very eloquent post, nice. i love that idea. just let him know that he will need to defend his title like he actually cares about it against belfort, like it was supposed to be. if he can prove that his heart is still in the UFC and finishes belfort then he should vacate the title as the most dominant UFC champ and start looking at WW and LHW

I was thinking of making his next fight the first title fight to be in a prelim. card but that would be too much. lol

Maybe DW should make his next fight only a co-main event and it should be free! Too much? :)

DW should give AS a stern warning; if he pulls something like that again in his next fight, strip him of the title, if he wins that is.

what I think we're all forgetting is Mia was the third guy in line to fight AS... That fact that Mia wasn't ready is true and everyone knew that. It was first Vitor and then Chael. Both of thoes guys should get beat by Silva before he starts to jump classes. Mia was a sacrificial lamb and Anderson didn't finish him like he could of so he could act like a jack ****... If I were Dana I would give him Vitor and then Sonnen, make some interesting fights where he couldn't dance around like a fool

I would love a GSP/Silva but I don't see Dana making that happen because that would kind of reward Silva and he also said Silva doesn't deserve GSP.

Oh I know but in my opinion it would also be a punishment for him because GSP would domiante him on the ground and it would dent his legacy he loves creating so much and put a stamp on his P4P rankings and end his UFC win streak so you can alos look at it that way.

So straight up tell him' date=' his next fight is for the MW title. EIther Sonnen or Belfort. If he puts on a good fight like we all know he can, guarantee him a Super Fight afterwards. Even approach him about vacating MW so he doesn't have a belt that needs defending in a division Silva feels has no one of his caliber and free's him up to fight who ever at what ever weight.

BUt straight up none of that happens till he puts on a decent fight in his next MW title defence.[/quote']

Very well put, +1

Silva needs a timeout.

He's still an incredible fighter' date=' but he's not a good product.[/quote']

and UFC is ment to be about fighting, people are paying to WATCH the best hmm UFC fighters i guess.

And at the end of the day, a good fighter knows how to cut off the ring...

Another great post from you uaquin. I agree completely!

First off....he has 1 more fight worthy of attention at MW...MAYBE:

Chal Sonnen because he is FURIOUS and hates Silva (great press and hype), has the wrestling takedown and KEEPDOWN ability to muscle Silva to the ground and GnP...and can take a shot.

(Vitor was going to be a LHW, and he should stay there....Silva can fight him at LHW)

that's one. Maybe. Silva would still be the odds on favorite and would likely win by TKO within 2 rounds.

Second: FORGET the GSP fight. GPS has NO shot. While he is a spectacular wrestler with takedowns etc (better than Sonnen probably)...he is TOO SMALL to keep Silva down (even if Silva drops to 170....GSP is small for welterwieight). GSP won't be able to keep him down, doesn't have the stand up to compete, and doesn't have the Chin.

GPS is more talented, but much smaller, Sonnen...with a weaker chin.

The real option is a MANDATORY MOVE FOR SILVA TO LHW.

in the LHW division he will be fighting guys that will NOT stand and stare at him for 3-5 rounds.

Rua, Rampage, Vitor, Evans, Bones Jones, Thiago Silva, even Bader.

Even if he won't fight Machida or Lil Nog...there are plenty of guys that could bang with him and WOULD bang with him..and have some serious size to get him against the cage.

Would Silva still likely tool most of these guys? yeah, he's probably the best pure fighter/striker in the world....but the point is HE WOULD HAVE TO FIGHT THEM AND PUT THEM DOWN. The guys at LHW won't stand and stare at him like Mia. They bang and they hang it out there. Silva would probably still dominate...but would have to really work at it and FIGHT to be dominant...not clown and pout and yell like a child.

What ever happends, god what I would give to:

a) be a fly on the wall in Dana's office over the next couple days when he, Joe Silva and the Ferttita bros discuss what to do with Silva.

B) Have a phone tap or be in the meeting with White,Joe Silva, Ed Soares and Anderson Silva when they tell Silva what desicion was made.

Silva disrespected the sport of mma and Dana White. The idea of a great card live on spike free is something that the fans should be owed due to the circus of ufc112. Silva should fight one of the matches to really prove how great he is. Anderson Silva must understand that it is a privledge to be in the spot light and at any moment it can be taken away. Idea of a great event for free and not to pay to see Silva fight is even better. As a consumer I want to see a great main event not dancing with the stars.

First off....he has 1 more fight worthy of attention at MW...MAYBE:

Chal Sonnen because he is FURIOUS and hates Silva (great press and hype)' date=' has the wrestling takedown and KEEPDOWN ability to muscle Silva to the ground and GnP...and can take a shot.

(Vitor was going to be a LHW, and he should stay there....Silva can fight him at LHW)

that's one. Maybe. Silva would still be the odds on favorite and would likely win by TKO within 2 rounds.

Second: FORGET the GSP fight. GPS has NO shot. While he is a spectacular wrestler with takedowns etc (better than Sonnen probably)...he is TOO SMALL to keep Silva down (even if Silva drops to 170....GSP is small for welterwieight). GSP won't be able to keep him down, doesn't have the stand up to compete, and doesn't have the Chin.

GPS is more talented, but much smaller, Sonnen...with a weaker chin.

The real option is a MANDATORY MOVE FOR SILVA TO LHW.

in the LHW division he will be fighting guys that will NOT stand and stare at him for 3-5 rounds.

Rua, Rampage, Vitor, Evans, Bones Jones, Thiago Silva, even Bader.

Even if he won't fight Machida or Lil Nog...there are plenty of guys that could bang with him and WOULD bang with him..and have some serious size to get him against the cage.

Would Silva still likely tool most of these guys? yeah, he's probably the best pure fighter/striker in the world....but the point is HE WOULD HAVE TO FIGHT THEM AND PUT THEM DOWN. The guys at LHW won't stand and stare at him like Mia. They bang and they hang it out there. Silva would probably still dominate...but would have to really work at it and FIGHT to be dominant...not clown and pout and yell like a child.[/quote']

GSP is small for WW? Are you F***ing Retarded? He weighed approx 190-192 on fight night against Hardy, ya that is pretty small I guess. Get real. Also where do you get off to question his chin? He was stopped once, and he didn't get hit in the chin, he got hit in the sweet-spot behind the ear where people with good chins (like Couture) get dropped.

GSP is small for WW? Are you F***ing Retarded?

GSP is widely considered small or smaller for a Welterweight. this is not new. this is talked about ad nausium by Rogan and Goldberg at every fight he has and on all the MMA talking head shows.

Also where do you get off to question his chin? He was stopped once' date=' and he didn't get hit in the chin, he got hit in the sweet-spot behind the ear where people with good chins (like Couture) get dropped.[/quote'] he was stopped by Serra (a strong by pretty wild puncher), and has been rocked by others-BJ turned his face to hamburger in thier first fight before he started taking BJ down...he's a good striker, but he takes plenty of shots. against someone like Silva, that's a death sentance.

he's smart now and doesn't give most strikers a chance to get to his face, just takes him down. He won't be able to keep a bigger, stronger guy down like he has with other welterwieghts or Penn.

GSP is widely considered small or smaller for a Welterweight. this is not new. this is talked about ad nausium by Rogan and Goldberg at every fight he has and on all the MMA talking head shows.

he was stopped by Serra (a strong by pretty wild puncher)' date=' and has been rocked by others-BJ turned his face to hamburger in thier first fight before he started taking BJ down...he's a good striker, but he takes plenty of shots. against someone like Silva, that's a death sentance.

he's smart now and doesn't give most strikers a chance to get to his face, just takes him down. He won't be able to keep a bigger, stronger guy down like he has with other welterwieghts or Penn.[/quote']

Like I said the serra fight he didnt get hit in the chin, and hes been rocked once before and came back to beat bj as i recall. and two, show me an article or any kind of proof where GSP has been considered a small WW, cause i think your full of it.

Like I said the serra fight he didnt get hit in the chin' date=' [/quote'] okay "chin" means "can take a punch" it doesn't necessarily mean THAT body part. dont' act new.

and hes been rocked once before and came back to beat bj as i recall.
yes, i said that, he started taking BJ down. If BJ can turn his face to hamburger...Silva will turn it into dreamland.

and two, show me an article or any kind of proof where GSP has been considered a small WW, cause i think your full of it.
how about i just let the other knowledgable posters on this board tell you how he is not a big welterwieght...average size at best. He really is on the smaller size. If you're such a GSP fan, how would you not be privy to this over-talked about point? it's not a rip on him. He's awesome. Part of the praise is how he is able to dominate the division even though he is smaller to middle of the pack at size.

yes' date=' i said that, he started taking BJ down. If BJ can turn his face to hamburger...Silva will turn it into dreamland.[/quote']

You are talking about a fight that happened 4 years ago like since that fight GSP has not trained at all. Fact is, in the second fight he stood with BJ for quite awhile and BEAT BJ at the stand up in the rematch. BJ didn't even touch him.

Not saying he is at the level of Silva, but you can't bring up a fight 4 years in the past and state nothing has changed in that fighters skill level, espcially when fights since then the fighter has proven he has in fact improved.

You are talking about a fight that happened 4 years ago like since that fight GSP has not trained at all. Fact is' date=' in the second fight he stood with BJ for quite awhile and BEAT BJ at the stand up in the rematch. BJ didn't even touch him.

Not saying he is at the level of Silva, but you can't bring up a fight 4 years in the past and state nothing has changed in that fighters skill level, espcially when fights since then the fighter has proven he has in fact improved.[/quote']

getting sidetracked...and it's pointless....Silva would tear him up in stand up. period.

no one can argue that.

let's not get sidetracked.

and he would have a much harder time keeping a bigger, stronger guy like Silva on the ground if he took him down.

Dan Henderson is one of the best wrestlers in MMA (particularly when they fought a few years ago). he did okay...but got beat by Anderson...on the ground. and he could not maintain ground control when he got him down.

and Henderson fights at MW and LHW. he's a much bigger dude.

GSP could not keep him down.

GSP could not match him in stand up.

dumb fight.

One saying that GSP has a weak chin because of a nice hook to the temple is stupid. GSP has been in wars with the best of them, taken shot by BJ, Fitch, (would like to say Hardy but he didn't really punch him a good one) and to say he couldn't compete with someone the size of silva... well he dominated Alves who weighs more then silva when he fights, and trains... So that argument if false

Archived