Hahahaha, Frank Mir IS BACK!! Interview about Carwin fight.

Jamhet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJSDbyessJ8

Just like I had been saying. He says he will be better off being a lean 245-pounder again. And the reason he lost to Carwin is that he was too full of himself.

Frankie really overthinks things.

frank-mir-8.jpg

LOL, NO, sorry Mir you getting beat like a drum had nothing to do with weight or your confidence. If people buy this I would suggest you are way to naive. He said the same thing after losing to brock in reverse. I did not weigh enough:rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJSDbyessJ8

Just like I had been saying. He says he will be better off being a lean 245-pounder again. And the reason he lost to Carwin is that he was too full of himself.

Frankie really overthinks things.

frank-mir-8.jpg

I'm kinda starting to like Mir, he is a funny guy, he makes me laugh.

And that Pudzianowski quote is just fantastic...I think he will run over Big Tim....

weight shouldn't be the excuse because he thought he needed to weigh more, but now he needs to weigh less? he was just outclassed by a man with brutal punching power. that's all. frank will be back and will contend again for the title, no worries. he needs to get away from this wanting to be like lesnar mentality and go back to owning people on the ground with his sickening BJJ

Not too sure why people hate Mir so much. I think he talks a lot of sense. Very intelligent guy imo. Hope he comes back strong but he'll probably never be champ again.

Talking intelligent has nothing to do with logic. What he says is illogical

After Lesnar fight- Berock is to big so I will put on some weight and come back and beat up on Carwin

After Carwin fight- I need to drop back down to 245 I will be better there:rolleyes:

Frank is not a top contender, only in his own mind:rolleyes:

To all you people that say Mir says the same as he did after the Brock fight but in reverse. LISTENING IS HARD RIGHT?. He sayd he thought he needed to get bigger and stronger to beat guys like lesnar but it turned out that he didnt even use his strenght against Carwin because he wanted to use his technical abilities when he was up against the fence. Basically he just didnt even use his increased strenght to he questions himself if he even needs it or that he should go back to what he is good at. which is using his technical skills to beat people.

Talking intelligent has nothing to do with logic. What he says is illogical

After Lesnar fight- Berock is to big so I will put on some weight and come back and beat up on Carwin

After Carwin fight- I need to drop back down to 245 I will be better there:rolleyes:

Frank is not a top contender' date=' only in his own mind:rolleyes:[/quote']

+1

And for the guy that said Mir will be champ again...

he should go back to what he is good at. which is using his technical skills to beat people.
Which wasn't enough at UFC100.

The logic is very simple, I can't believe Mir isn't making logical assumptions here:

A 245lbs Mir ---- losing because the lack of power. It did not work for him.

A 270lbs Mir ---- losing because he DIDN'T make use of the power he's gained, and not because being stronger made him weaker at what he was already good at.

Conlusion:

Don't go back to being 245lbs, because you couldn't win a fight being that light.

Learn to applie the newly acquired strength! Make focking use of it!

wow half of you did not listen at all, some real stupid reactions in this thread

i thought that was a very honest and humble interview, good insight on what actually went on in his head, good acknowledgment of everything that happened and what mistakes he made. this is why i dont hate mir despite him being a ****y bastard, hes not above criticizing himself and calling it like it is

mir is right, he needs to forget trying to outpower the power guys and just play his game the best he can. i hope he comes back strong, i still think he can beat brock and id like to see the rubber match

Which wasn't enough at UFC100.

The logic is very simple' date=' I can't believe Mir isn't making logical assumptions here:

A 245lbs Mir ---- losing because the lack of power. It did not work for him.

A 270lbs Mir ---- losing because he DIDN'T make use of the power he's gained, and [b']not[/b] because being stronger made him weaker at what he was already good at.

Conlusion:

Don't go back to being 245lbs, because you couldn't win a fight being that light.

Learn to applie the newly acquired strength! Make focking use of it!

lol good point man

mir is a good fighter and every one hates on him for his antics and excuses....well i think it is a "defense mechanism" and his insecurities of himself for not living up to his own expectations of him self.

mir could not beat the genetically extreme fighters of the hw division (brock and carwin), ok, so what........ i think we will find out soon enough that no one else could either.

the only one i give a chance to is jds, only because of his fast hand with crazy power in them.

also, maybe fedor but i will not give him that honor because i am not sure what he is capable of any more.....too many fanatics out there talking of him as tho he is untouchable and exaggerating to an annoying lvl....

This guy is his own worst enemy. He really hasn't got a clue. It amazes me how high someone can get in MMA without having the slightest idea about fighting or fighters.

Well said.

He's got all this knowledge and thinks and thinks, but he can't really come up with any sensible conclusions.

LOL' date=' NO, sorry Mir you getting beat like a drum had nothing to do with weight or your confidence. If people buy this I would suggest you are way to naive. He said the same thing after losing to brock in reverse. I did not weigh enough:rolleyes:[/quote']

are you high?

Mir didn't say anything about him losing to Carin because of weight or confidence. He said he lost because he was too focused on the takedowns and forgot to watch for punches to the head. He said he lost because Carwin hits so hard.

Mir actually admitted that he lost because he made mistakes.

Mir only spoke about size and weight after the interviewer asked him about his weight gain and how that is working for him.

Mir is a putz!!!! Why does he always have an excuse for losing? How about simply stating' date=' the better man won that night. He is a loser - great color man, but a loser none the less.[/quote']

Yep. He will not be champ again. He'll get pounded again and I will enjoy every moment of it.

Mir is a putz!!!! Why does he always have an excuse for losing? How about simply stating' date=' the better man won that night. He is a loser - great color man, but a loser none the less.[/quote']

look another guy on drugs!

Mir did admit he messed up and was wrong and lost the fight because he screwed up. The entire first half of that interview was him saying what he did wrong and what carwin did right.

The second half was about weight and bulk and how he's changed his mind and decided he was wrong on that as well.

And all the stuff about weight was in response to an entirely different question then the Carwin/Mir fight. When you respond to a question about your weight by talking about your weight you are not making excuses. you are answering a question on topic.

I am not even a big Mir fan but you people are demonstrating a huge lack of comprehension here.

Archived