UFC Bonuses

Frankyboyy

The UFC already have a bonus system for KO, Sub and fight of the night. They should add an automatic bonus if you finish your fight. There is already a win bonus but it could be changed; lets say if you win you get your 30 000$ bonus but if you finished the fight you get 45 000$. It would push fighters to be more agresive. The bonus should be a % of the purse.

Why not?

Because MMA is a sport not a joke.

Some fights finish some don't, that's how it goes.

It's not scrypted like the WWE, and any educated fan has respect for 99% of the fights (besides Silva's last 3 fights at MW).

The UFC already have a bonus system for KO' date=' Sub and fight of the night. They should add an automatic bonus if you finish your fight. There is already a win bonus but it could be changed; lets say if you win you get your 30 000$ bonus but if you finished the fight you get 45 000$. It would push fighters to be more agresive. [b']The bonus should be a % of the purse.

[/b]

It's a business.

I actually think the fighters deserve to make more but I'm looking at it as a business decision.

Some guys are lucky to make 6k a fight and they spend so many months paying for a camp and training. It just doesn't seem right, especially when everyone else is getting those huge bonus checks. Sure, it makes the younger guys on the under card work harder but those guys make nothing.

The bonuses are fine. Nothing needs to change. I know if I was getting paid 6k to fight and I received a 30k bonus I would be THRILLED.

Ok you bring a good point, maybye having more than one bonus purse by category could help. Like 75 000$ for ko of the night then 35 000$ for the second one and same thing for sub and fight of the night. I know that most guys don't want to leave it in the hands of the judges but that would just add some extra motivation.

[/b]

It's a business.

I actually think the fighters deserve to make more but I'm looking at it as a business decision.

Some guys are lucky to make 6k a fight and they spend so many months paying for a camp and training. It just doesn't seem right' date=' especially when everyone else is getting those huge bonus checks. Sure, it makes the younger guys on the under card work harder but those guys make nothing.

The bonuses are fine. Nothing needs to change. I know if I was getting paid 6k to fight and I received a 30k bonus I would be THRILLED.[/quote']

They make money from sponsors. Also they get a generous cut off of the merchandise they sell. I agree that they should make more money though. I'm saying that just because they only get $6000 to fight that doesn't mean that is all of the income made at that time.

Mark Munoz and Kendall just got a $75,000 bonus for fight of the night.

They make money from sponsors. Also they get a generous cut off of the merchandise they sell. I agree that they should make more money though. I'm saying that just because they only get $6000 to fight that doesn't mean that is all of the income made at that time.

No kidding. Of course they get money from the sponsors... but most of the guys on the undercard probably don't even get a lot from sponsors (money wise) free merch, etc

These guys can't exactly do a 30 year career in MMA or have a legit retirement without having to save themselves.

they kinda do get a bonus for finnishing

if a guy finnishes a lot of fights, people wanna see him fight so the UFC pays him more money

he shouldnt be going to the finishing bonus he should be going for the win and giong for the exciting fight

so in a way...they kinda get bonusses

finnish=more exciting=more poeople wanna see=more money from dana

[/b]

It's a business.

Some guys are lucky to make 6k a fight and they spend so many months paying for a camp and training. It just doesn't seem right' date=' especially when everyone else is getting those huge bonus checks. Sure, it makes the younger guys on the under card work harder but those guys make nothing.

The bonuses are fine. Nothing needs to change. I know if I was getting paid 6k to fight and I received a 30k bonus I would be THRILLED.[/quote']

Its not everyone who gets the big bonus cheques its only the guy who has the best KO the guy with the best sub and the two guys who put on the best fight of the night. If you look at any sport in the world the big boys make the money thel little guys dont simple as that .Maybe what is meant is that there should be more money in the sport full stop like maybe the top fighters getting around ?3,000,000 a fight and the little guys getting no less than ?30,000 a fight. When you look at the money that boxing promoters can shell out to their fighters like the ?30M super fights etc then surely the money is there. The UFC have the sponsorship they have the PPV they have the gate money so where does it all go

Its not everyone who gets the big bonus cheques its only the guy who has the best KO the guy with the best sub and the two guys who put on the best fight of the night. If you look at any sport in the world the big boys make the money thel little guys dont simple as that .Maybe what is meant is that there should be more money in the sport full stop like maybe the top fighters getting around ?3' date='000,000 a fight and the little guys getting no less than ?30,000 a fight. When you look at the money that boxing promoters can shell out to their fighters like the ?30M super fights etc then surely the money is there. The UFC have the sponsorship they have the PPV they have the gate money so where does it all go[/quote']

Boxing is also very corrupt, boring and losing fans left and right because they can't put on any good fights.

Boxing is corrupted but the fighters can retire and make a descent living after their career can't say the same thing about UFC fighters. They have to coach or keep seeling merchandise and stuff. MMA is a young sport and it will change. If you remember big leagues like the NFL weren't always there there was many small leagues that united. I think the same will happen with MMA. The leagues will unite and the fighters will get more.

Boxing is also very corrupt' date=' boring and losing fans left and right because they can't put on any good fights.[/quote']

True but I don't see a reason that the UFC can't double or triple the undercard fighters' salaries. I think that most of the main event fighters make plenty of money but the salaries of some of the undercard guys is pretty small. I think that the minimum fight salary should be about $10,000-15,000 per fight. Some of these guys make $3000-$5000 for 2-3 months of training and 1 fight. That's not very much if you think about it. Not sure if a finishing bonus is a way to go but it might help. They use to give a finishing bonus to the TUF guys.

True but I don't see a reason that the UFC can't double or triple the undercard fighters' salaries. I think that most of the main event fighters make plenty of money but the salaries of some of the undercard guys is pretty small. I think that the minimum fight salary should be about $10' date='000-15,000 per fight. Some of these guys make $3000-$5000 for 2-3 months of training and 1 fight. That's not very much if you think about it. Not sure if a finishing bonus is a way to go but it might help. They use to give a finishing bonus to the TUF guys.[/quote']

Few things. First off I agree.

Second, you do not know how much sponsors pay them.

Carwin said his fight with Mir his SPONSORS paid him more than anything he ever made in all his other fights combined (forget his UFC paid amount).

Also your forgetting how much it costs to advertise everything, employee costs for setup/take down of the venue, also some of the higher paid fighters also get a % of the ppv sales.

So in the end it's not as clear cut as you think.

Second' date=' you do not know how much sponsors pay them.

Carwin said his fight with Mir his SPONSORS paid him more than anything he ever made in all his other fights combined (forget his UFC paid amount).

Also your forgetting how much it costs to advertise everything, employee costs for setup/take down of the venue, also some of the higher paid fighters also get a % of the ppv sales.

So in the end it's not as clear cut as you think.[/quote']

I understand that and if you look at my other post I mentioned sponsor money too. I think that for the most part the UFC is better than other sports organizations because it doesn't overpay all of it's athletes before they prove themselves. I also don't think that spending an extra $50,000 to pay the undercard fighters better would hurt the UFC. Not sure how to motivate the top fighters to finish their fights though because many of them make good money the way it is. A small bonus to finish the fight wouldn't help to get a main card fighter to finish.

I understand that and if you look at my other post I mentioned sponsor money too. I think that for the most part the UFC is better than other sports organizations because it doesn't overpay all of it's athletes before they prove themselves. I also don't think that spending an extra $50' date='000 to pay the undercard fighters better would hurt the UFC. Not sure how to motivate the top fighters to finish their fights though because many of them make good money the way it is. A small bonus to finish the fight wouldn't help to get a main card fighter to finish.[/quote']

Btw I agreed with you on that undercard fighters should still make minimum 10k.

Second' date=' you do not know how much sponsors pay them.

So in the end it's not as clear cut as you think.[/quote']

good point I forgot to think about the sponsors. The undercard guys should have a minimum wage that is a good idea.

Archived