Biggest Upset in UFC History

wingzero8717

even though it wasnt in the UFC Scott Smith of Cung Lee has to be one of the biggest upset in recent years. also Robbie Lawler getting his **** kicked by Melvin Manhoef only to throw 1 punch the whole time and it landed for a KO was a SHOCKER !!! UPSET !!.

as for the UFC it has to be Matt Serra. its not like he earned a title shoot like Frankie. he got one lucky chance to fight for a belt and pulled the upset.

also Machida's win over Shogun was a HUGH UPSET. it might not have been when the fight started but by the end of the fight when they raised his hand as the winner at that point it was one of the biggest Upsets in UFC history

in a way velasquez beating noguiera. i was rooting for cain' date=' but i expected noguiera to beat him on the feet and submit him on the ground.and the fact that it was by knockout was big too[/quote']

def a shock..Not just because he finished nog..But HOW QUICKLY..i was jaw dropped

Crocop vs Gonzaga' date=' Gsp vs Serra and Griffin vs Shogun are the biggest upsets for me.[/quote']

These

Rashad's KO of Lidell was one sad upset day

This

Penn vs Edgar

St Pierre vs Serra

List others below that you feel were HUGE upsets

These

also Machida's win over Shogun was a HUGH UPSET. it might not have been when the fight started but by the end of the fight when they raised his hand as the winner at that point it was one of the biggest Upsets in UFC history

I still don't understand how people feel this is such a huge upset. This fight was easily 50/50. And we all know that 50/50 goes to the man holding the belt before the fight starts. Bottom line Shogun didn't push the fight enough to take the belt home. Think Penn vs. Edgar. Close fight, yet Edgar was pushing that fight every second.

Biggest ever has to be Serra vs. GSP for the WW belt. Serra wasn't supposed to have a chance. And not only did he beat GSP. He TKOed him.

Edgar vs Penn is also a huge upset, but IMO circumstantially he earned the belt in a more contraversial manner. A lot of folks scored that fight in Penn's favor. Edgar did a hell of a job though, and earned a lot of respect and the belt in that huge upset.

One other random non-title upset I recall was when from out of nowhere, Houston Alexander put the brakes on Keith Jardine's rise up the ladder with a swift furious KO. Unfortunately for the Dean, he's been eating a lot of KOs for breakfast lately. In fact, since 2007 his record is 2 wins ( both split decisions,) 5 losses (including: getting KOed 4 times.)

Ouch. UFC LHW division can be a rough place to earn your paycheck!

Archived