UFC Counters Strikeforce this saturday by showing UFC 110

TigerChamp

no thanks. I think i'll be more entertained watching hendo smash out jake shields in a middleweight title fight he was cheated out of. 110 was a good card, don't get me wrong, but theres no way any fight replay is going to divert anyone other then the casual UFC loyalist. I dont know why they bother

Three title belts on the line!! wouldve been one of the most spectacular fight cards ever had fedor and werdum not been rescheduled. either way it's going to be interesting!

hendo, aoki and mousassi for the win

oh crap, wrong forum i guess

I think UFC needs to play their cards right b/c pretty soon they will be losing alot of loyal fans. I could make a list of what upsets me as a loyal UFC fan, but I dont think it would matter. All I can do is try to educate the new fans of MMA that are supporting the sport, to support the sport for the right reasons. One reason of the main reasons why im upset is that, the UFC is seriously turning into the modern day WWE. Meaning the fights are real, but the outcomes are "possibly" scripted. They way match ups are purposley set up, advertise, how fast they are officially advertised, and the way match ups get scrapped and replaced due to injuries etc. The way the judges and refs make bs calls. The way Dana White responds to certain things and outcomes. "When he left the Silva Main event during the fight, he told the Silvas Manager to put on the belt, What if Maia won in the last rounds of the fight? How did he know Silva was going to win it 100%? Maia could have won in the 5th IMO. It just seems that UFC is becoming exactly opposite of their slogan "As Real As It Gets" to "As Scripted As It Gets".

I think UFC needs to play their cards right b/c pretty soon they will be losing alot of loyal fans. I could make a list of what upsets me as a loyal UFC fan' date=' but I dont think it would matter. All I can do is try to educate the new fans of MMA that are supporting the sport, to support the sport for the right reasons. One reason of the main reasons why im upset is that, the UFC is seriously turning into the modern day WWE. Meaning the fights are real, but the outcomes are "possibly" scripted. They way match ups are purposley set up, advertise, how fast they are officially advertised, and the way match ups get scrapped and replaced due to injuries etc. The way the judges and refs make bs calls. The way Dana White responds to certain things and outcomes. "When he left the Silva Main event during the fight, he told the Silvas Manager to put on the belt, What if Maia won in the last rounds of the fight? How did he know Silva was going to win it 100%? Maia [b']could[/b] have won in the 5th IMO. It just seems that UFC is becoming exactly opposite of their slogan "As Real As It Gets" to "As Scripted As It Gets".

I'm not a loyal UFC fan, sure it's a good company but i'm actually a fan of MMA. A UFC replay won't stop me watching a decent SF event or any other live event that looks good. The only way i'd struggle to decide would be if i hadn't seen 110 yet...to be honest tho with the cards the UFC is putting on lately i might actually have that problem cos it wont be long before i decide it not worth purchasing many UFC cards and i'll wait till they are shown months later for free...then it would clash lol. But to miss a live SF event for another replay just cos its by the UFC...naaaah

I think UFC needs to play their cards right b/c pretty soon they will be losing alot of loyal fans. I could make a list of what upsets me as a loyal UFC fan' date=' but I dont think it would matter. All I can do is try to educate the new fans of MMA that are supporting the sport, to support the sport for the right reasons. One reason of the main reasons why im upset is that, the UFC is seriously turning into the modern day WWE. Meaning the fights are real, but the outcomes are "possibly" scripted. They way match ups are purposley set up, advertise, how fast they are officially advertised, and the way match ups get scrapped and replaced due to injuries etc. The way the judges and refs make bs calls. The way Dana White responds to certain things and outcomes. "When he left the Silva Main event during the fight, he told the Silvas Manager to put on the belt, What if Maia won in the last rounds of the fight? How did he know Silva was going to win it 100%? Maia [b']could[/b] have won in the 5th IMO. It just seems that UFC is becoming exactly opposite of their slogan "As Real As It Gets" to "As Scripted As It Gets".

What you say is logical and is a cause for concern. As much as I have been a WWE fan in younger days, I could not go back to professionnal wrestling now that I watch MMA. I agree with you that refs and judges make wrong calls, but that's not just in MMA it's in every sport, football, basketball, hockey, figure skating, gymnastics. Let's just hope that the UFC will find a way to advertise their fights and make money without turning to scripted BS. Now, since the topic is about saturday's competition, I am watching StrikeForce. I already saw UFC110, I know who wins and how.

I think UFC needs to play their cards right b/c pretty soon they will be losing alot of loyal fans. I could make a list of what upsets me as a loyal UFC fan' date=' but I dont think it would matter. All I can do is try to educate the new fans of MMA that are supporting the sport, to support the sport for the right reasons. One reason of the main reasons why im upset is that, the UFC is seriously turning into the modern day WWE. Meaning the fights are real, but the outcomes are "possibly" scripted. They way match ups are purposley set up, advertise, how fast they are officially advertised, and the way match ups get scrapped and replaced due to injuries etc. The way the judges and refs make bs calls. The way Dana White responds to certain things and outcomes. [b']"When he left the Silva Main event during the fight, he told the Silvas Manager to put on the belt, What if Maia won in the last rounds of the fight? How did he know Silva was going to win it 100%? Maia could have won in the 5th IMO[/b]. It just seems that UFC is becoming exactly opposite of their slogan "As Real As It Gets" to "As Scripted As It Gets".

I understand what you are trying to get at here...... but in all reality, when you were watching this fight ( if you did watch it ), is there any way that if someone would have asked you in the 3rd or 4th round " do you think Damian Maia is gonna win this fight" that you could have answered yeah I think so.... The fact of the matter is Dana walked out fully assuming that Anderson was gonna win, which is what everyone was thinking

I can guarantee you that if Maia would of somehow pulled out one of the greatest upsets in MMA, that Dana would have come back to put the belt on him. To assume that he knew that Anderson was gonna win because it is "scripted", is a little far fetched. These guys go in there and try to destroy eachother.... the UFC would be incredibly stupid to try and have fights planned out before hand.... you never know when someone might get caught with a lucky punch and get put to sleep.

Sorry to get back to the point of this thread though..... most definelty will be watching the Strikeforce event..... no one really cares about the PPV's after they happened, unless there was a spectacular fight.... and from what I can recall there wasn't on this card

I dont think Dana wants a monopoly on the MMA brands because he said in an interview that it isnt Scott Coker (the main man in Strikeforce), his problem is with the punks at Showtime and CBS. He wants the sport to grow, but how can you argue that Dana has the best fighters in the world? Strikeforce is making more interesting fights, but the UFC has the most talent, wich will eventually return to the most interesting fights again. The only poor division is the Middleweight division, MMA wide. Even Strikeforce has to make Jake Shields, a natural Welterweight jump up to make things interesting. This is an awsome card for Strikeforce, but I really think they are going to blow thier wad after this card.

I am a huge fan of MMA, and I watch as much as I can, but I will always support the UFC when it comes to who is the best brand in MMA. Dream, Sengoku, K-1, Cage Rage, King of the Cage, Strikeforce, Bellator and any other brand are interesting in thier own way, but the UFC will always be the one that I will cheer for in that argument. There are fighters that I want to see more than others, check the sig for those guys, but the UFC is my favorite. I cant bring myself to either hate or dislike any part of MMA, wich is why I watch all of these guys every chance I get. Maybe Im rambling on, but doesn anybody agree?

I understand where your coming from but it was pretty obvious that silva won the fight the first three rounds were one sided therefore the last two didnt really matter Dana was obviously so embarrassed about the fight that he just wanted to get out of there which i understand completely

This kind of pisses me off that UFC is trying to take fans away from a live event with a replay. Appreciate the fighters and give them their chance to shine. I hope it doesn't take too many viewers from SF.

Dana already effed over Hendo once now he's trying to do it again by stealing the viewers.

well trying to counter strikeforce by marketing your own product to steer away the casual viewers is a good strategy for the sake of business, but by doing this it also shows how concerned you are about your competition. But for money, it only makes sense

but it sure would be nice to come home on a tuesday night, tune into spike, and see reruns of old UFC pay per views, rather then the billionth marathon day of CSI. Sadly, unless strikeforce and boxing puts on a show every other day, this won't be happening

That's what I love about Strikeforce. They are the number one contender and therefore more hungry to put on great shows. One cannot argue the fact that they are getting talked about more and more lately, especially with the disaster of the last few UFC main events... (GSP wrestling, Silva dancing, BJ waiting, Couture/Coleman/Nog getting old).

I don't think SF is blowing their load either because the "Heavy Artillery" event after this looks good too. Then they have a Fedor card that might include Cung Le and Cyborg after that.

Btw I love watching the ladies go at it. They have a habit of stealing the show.

That's what I love about Strikeforce. They are the number one contender and therefore more hungry to put on great shows. One cannot argue the fact that they are getting talked about more and more lately' date=' especially with the disaster of the last few UFC main events... (GSP wrestling, Silva dancing, BJ waiting, Couture/Coleman/Nog getting old).

I don't think SF is blowing their load either because the "Heavy Artillery" event after this looks good too. Then they have a Fedor card that might include Cung Le and Cyborg after that.

Btw I love watching the ladies go at it. They have a habit of stealing the show.[/quote']

Female fights are way more sloppy but they're still entertaining. Also Cyborg fights like an effing man so her fights don't qualify as female fights.

I think if Strikeforce get lucky and has 2-3 more awesome cards the UFC will start to feel the heat. If they can pull a ton of viewers on CBS their advertising prices and revenue with go through the roof and hopefully they will use that to up their fighters salaries and bring some more big names over.

It'll also help if UFC has a couple more slip-ups. Maybe Machida and Rua will go to another controversial decision and then Rampage and Evans will decide to wrestler for three rounds lol.

Archived