Sonnen vs Silva Dana Whites big revenge?

boogieman72

Honestly, don't this seem to be another fight for Silva where he is getting fed a fighter who will in no way be able to handle him?

I think Sonnen was supposed to have the fight against Silva at 112, but had to pull out cause he still hadn't got over all his facial injuries from where Nate hit him like 3 times in their match. If he was able to touch Sonnens face and tear him up the way he did,(from the bottom if i remember correctly,) what do you think Silva is going to do to him? Sonnen looked like he was done fighting after the match with Nate. Now i can't believe that the UFC is buying in to his hype to the point that he has become the next "great white hope" for taking down the monster that is Anderson Silva, which the UFC has created, and now totally lost control of.

If Silva is interested in saving face with the powers that be in the UFC, and us the loyal fans, he will be looking to knock out Sonnen quick, and in such a manner the we all forget the mess we saw at the last event, i think anything less will be viewed as failure on Silvas part.

I can't help but to wonder what Silvas mind set is going to be coming into this match knowing full well that his bosses, and pretty much every mma fan in the world is wanting him to lose so bad, they can now taste it. In my opinion his mind set will be to destroy Sonnen, i just honestly don't think Sonnen will be able to do a thing about it, getting his face busted up so bad this time, that he never fights in the UFC again. at least he will have his political career to fall back on.....

Honestly' date=' don't this seem to be another fight for Silva where he is getting fed a fighter who will in no way be able to handle him?

I think Sonnen was supposed to have the fight against Silva at 112, but had to pull out cause he still hadn't got over all his facial injuries from where Nate hit him like 3 times in their match. If he was able to touch Sonnens face and tear him up the way he did,(from the bottom if i remember correctly,) what do you think Silva is going to do to him? Sonnen looked like he was done fighting after the match with Nate. Now i can't believe that the UFC is buying in to his hype to the point that he has become the next "great white hope" for taking down the monster that is Anderson Silva, which the UFC has created, and now totally lost control of.

If Silva is interested in saving face with the powers that be in the UFC, and us the loyal fans, he will be looking to knock out Sonnen quick, and in such a manner the we all forget the mess we saw at the last event, i think anything less will be viewed as failure on Silvas part.

I can't help but to wonder what Silvas mind set is going to be coming into this match knowing full well that his bosses, and pretty much every mma fan in the world is wanting him to lose so bad, they can now taste it. In my opinion his mind set will be to destroy Sonnen, i just honestly don't think Sonnen will be able to do a thing about it, getting his face busted up so bad this time, that he never fights in the UFC again. at least he will have his political career to fall back on.....[/quote']

Be cool! Sonnen is going to pound the English out of Anderson Silva.....and between now and the fight Chael is going to offend , Mr. Sissy voice and give him a good tongue lashing for months until the fight!

If Anderson Doesnt show up to fight ............HES FIRED!

thats Cool!!

Honestly' date=' don't this seem to be another fight for Silva where he is getting fed a fighter who will in no way be able to handle him?

I can't help but to wonder what Silvas mind set is going to be coming into this match knowing full well that his bosses, and pretty much every mma fan in the world is wanting him to lose so bad, they can now taste it. In my opinion his mind set will be to destroy Sonnen, i just honestly don't think Sonnen will be able to do a thing about it, getting his face busted up so bad this time, that he never fights in the UFC again. at least he will have his political career to fall back on.....[/quote']

Fail.

Sonnen has the tools to do it. Sure Nate cut him, but Nate also KTFO of Maia who was just given a title shot. Wrestlers give AS the most trouble, and Sonnen is the best wrestler at 185 IMO. His wrestling, plus his chin, plus his ability to maintain pace while controlling fighters, could earn him a decision victory.

Fail.

Sonnen has the tools to do it. Sure Nate cut him' date=' but Nate also KTFO of Maia who was just given a title shot. Wrestlers give AS the most trouble, and Sonnen is the best wrestler at 185 IMO. His wrestling, plus his chin, plus his ability to maintain pace while controlling fighters, could earn him a decision victory.[/quote']

Everyone thinks wrestlers give him so much trouble because they put him on his back....well...AS is a BJJ black belt and is comfortable there.... name one wrestler that has beaten Silva? In his career only one of them that i know of even took him to decision and still lost.

Just because a fighter is on his back DOES NOT MEAN he is weak and vulnerable there.

I think Silva is too stubborn and self-confident to simply change up his game just because Dana didn't like the way he conducted himself.

I definitely think Silva will be looking to end his next fight, but I can foresee him trying to do so in a similar fashion to the way he approached Meia for the first two rounds.

It'll be showboating, and mixing up the styles.

Let's face it, who didn't find the first two rounds of the Meia fight to be entertaining. Silva was using styles of fighting such as Drunken Master, or Serpent. He was incredible.

Dana expressed quiter clearly how he hates the showboating, but if Silva can pull a decisive victory out of his by using those styles, then there is little that Dana can do.

So the bottom line is that I think Silva will curb his taunting, and his name-calling, and his gesticulating.... But as far as the fighting goes, I think he will be looking for a "one-up" over Dana, by proving that he can win how he wants.

Sonnen is the right type of fighter to beat Silva, but I don't think he is the man for the job.

Everyone thinks wrestlers give him so much trouble because they put him on his back....well...AS is a BJJ black belt and is comfortable there.... name one wrestler that has beaten Silva? In his career only one of them that i know of even took him to decision and still lost.

Just because a fighter is on his back DOES NOT MEAN he is weak and vulnerable there.

Exactly. And Sonnen isnt known for his submission defense at all. He may be able to get him to the ground, but that'll be all he's capable of doing. Silva's better in every other category.

Be cool! Sonnen is going to pound the English out of Anderson Silva.....and between now and the fight Chael is going to offend ' date=' Mr. Sissy voice and give him a good tongue lashing for months until the fight!

If Anderson Doesnt show up to fight ............HES FIRED!

thats Cool!![/quote']

I wonder if you really believe that or if you just want A.S to lose so bad, that you've turned off the realist side of your brain b/c you don't like it when it tells you that Chael will be the last person to "pound" or do anything else but be a 30 sec. workout for Silva so that he can knock him out and save face with Dana.

Anderson will be pissed and have a "OK YOU WANT IT YOULL GET IT" state of mind and kill Sonnen under a minute and then try to steal Dana's soul by staring at him a very intense fashion.

That would be a moment! That would be awesome! Dana would poop on himself.

Fail.

Sonnen has the tools to do it. Sure Nate cut him' date=' but Nate also KTFO of Maia who was just given a title shot. Wrestlers give AS the most trouble, and Sonnen is the best wrestler at 185 IMO. His wrestling, plus his chin, plus his ability to maintain pace while controlling fighters, could earn him a decision victory.[/quote']

It would seem to me that bjj guys give him the most trouble, even though nobody really seems to give him trouble. What wrestler gave him trouble? Please, don't say Hendo.

So A. Silva is so dominant that the ufc needs to turn him into a "villain" in order to draw interest in his next fight. Maybe the new "hero" can stop this out of control dominant taunter that makes Dana mad by showing what a joke the rest of the MW competition is.

Sonnen could give Anderson problems. I'd expect Sonnen to take Silva down and keep him down for the first round. Hopefully by the time the fight gets the championship rounds, Silva will be behind on points and be forced to become the same fighter that knocked out Leben and Franklin.

I'm not sure why so many people are complaining about this fight. The way I see it, the problem is not giving Silva opponents who can't beat him, it's giving him opponents who won't engage with him. Say what you want about Sonnen, but he is not afraid to engage anyone. He'll come right at Silva. We'll likely see another Forrest type destruction, but it won't be 5 rounds of two guys circling each other. Then we get to see Silva at his best, counter-striking people into unconsciousness.

Archived