We need more japanese and russian fighters in ufc.

jesterz99

I think we all know there are some great japan or russia fighters out there. Japan has many good fighters and would add to the ufc that missing element, of japanese and chinese fighters in mma figuring martial arts began in those areas.

Maybe a TUf show with japanse fighters. or russian.

what u think ?

As much as I respect the Japanese people and their culture, I don't often find myself enjoying their fights. I know they don't go for a lot of weight cutting but it also seems they are not as physically dedicated as they could be. Their techniques might be awesome but that just isn't enough these days. I could be wrong, just an impression I get watching Pride and the current Japanese fighters I've seen.

I think we all know there are some great japan or russia fighters out there. Japan has many good fighters and would add to the ufc that missing element' date=' of japanese and chinese fighters in mma figuring martial arts began in those areas.

what u think ?[/quote']

japanese ppl are tiny...alot of the fighters would go into the WEC lol

idk y there arent more russians in the UFC tho :/

I think we all know there are some great japan or russia fighters out there. Japan has many good fighters and would add to the ufc that missing element' date=' of japanese and chinese fighters in mma figuring martial arts began in those areas.

what u think ?[/quote']

I thought maybe this would be a good way to get them in, but here's what I think... The Japanese fighters, as a rule, have been out-done by other nationalities. Only outstanding Japs like Sexyama and Dong Hyun Kim are still here, and Dana doesn't like the Russians... They believe in a communist system, and they're extortioners. That's why Fedor is NOT here.

Japanese culturally are more dedicated to training technique and style than the physical intensity western fighters bring to the game.

Guys like Sexyama who have more international experience are the ones who are going to be able to make an impact. Sexyama is the only Asian fighter that you can say doesn't look definitively smaller. Okami's international wrestling experience is what gave him a somewhat successful career, but even he was too small for his class. The difference will be made when some more Asian guys take up training in the West with modern strength and conditioning and weight control.

And every Russian, Ukranian, or Siberian fighter is handcuffed by M-1 since they have a stranglehold on the fight scene of that entire region.

Gotta hate them damned extortioners.....

Shouldn't matter where there fighter is from, just take the best fighter overall. There should be no discrepency in the UFC. So why would we look for the fighters is specific countries when the whole world is full of them. Who really cares where the fighters are from (unless it's your home town) only the best

what u think ?[/quote']

what does nationality have to do with anything

I think the best we can hope for is a half Japanese fighter: Born, raised and trained in a different country. Like Machida and BJ Penn.

Pure Japanese fighters who were born and raised in Japan dont do well outside of Japan. They're small to begin with, dont cut weight, and something about their culture also makes them look very awkward and tentative in the standup, almost like theyre uncoordinated or something.

I am all for more international faces to compete in the ufc.

I am still waiting for the day when Thai fighters take up MMA. These guys train from dusk til dawn. They train technique. They train to endure pain. They do not however train on cardio, strength, and conditioning, but the long hours they put in should compensate for that.

These guys are the true warriors who truly eat and breathe to fight. Any given established Thai fighter will have well over 100 fights in his experience. The ones who are near the end of their career usually have well over 300 fights.

If I had the money, I would sponsor some Thai fighters and train them myself and live off the royalties.

Someone rich person is sure to steal this idea.

Of course we want the best fighters. but as u can see in the ww and mw divisions we dont have many contenders for gsp or silva.

And Fedor is one of the best fighters, Sakuraba was great. Taktarov from early ufc was the champ.

there is just to many fighters out there , probably in time more will come. But nationality has everything to do with it . Pacqio brings millions of mexicans, the more varied the fighters the more fans = more of the sport we love.

And i agree, russian TUF , vodka ..... lol ,

Notice at 1 time the nhl and nba thought there was no talent other than north america. Now russians and swedes and italians are all at the top of major sports. They always said the russians were soft in hockey....... Now the best players in the nhl are russian. Even american nhl players were not wanted at 1 time. So saying anyone has no chance cause of nationality has been proven wrong !

TUF Russia Stalin edition .. sponsored by Absolute Vodka ....... priceless

Of course we want the best fighters. but as u can see in the ww and mw divisions we dont have many contenders for gsp or silva.

And Fedor is one of the best fighters' date=' Sakuraba was great. Taktarov from early ufc was the champ.

there is just to many fighters out there , probably in time more will come. But nationality has everything to do with it . [b']Pacqio brings millions of mexicans[/b], the more varied the fighters the more fans = more of the sport we love.

And i agree, russian TUF , vodka ..... lol ,

Notice at 1 time the nhl and nba thought there was no talent other than north america. Now russians and swedes and italians are all at the top of major sports. They always said the russians were soft in hockey....... Now the best players in the nhl are russian. Even american nhl players were not wanted at 1 time. So saying anyone has no chance cause of nationality has been proven wrong !

TUF Russia Stalin edition .. sponsored by Absolute Vodka ....... priceless

Manny Pacquiao is Filipino, not Mexican.

There are no Italians in hockey or basketball. You're probably thinking of Spanish and Argentinians in basketball, certainly not in hockey.

Archived