Andrei Arlovski: Should he be allowed to return for a second try?

JP24

I don't know how you feel about Andrei Arlovski, but I always kinda liked him. Right now, I can see a lot of cruddy fighters in the HW at this time that AA is way better than, so why not allow him to come back for a second try in the UFC?

Maybe give him a 2 fight contract with the UFC, having him fight against a couple of guys. If he wins both fights, the UFC can give him an extended contract, but if he even loses one, go ahead and cut him for good... They should pit him in against some guy that really shouldn't be in the UFC like Ben Rothwell, or Al-Turk, then if Arlovski wins they should match him up with the heavyweight gatekeeper, and one could make the arguement that the gatekeeper is Cheick Kongo.

If he can beat both, Dana lets him back in... I know this is unlikely, and I'm just rambling, but who supports my plea? Who would you have Arlovski fighting upon re-entry to the UFC?

I have a feeling Arlovski could graze the top 5 fighters every once in a while, then get beat down on a fight against one of the top 5, like Brock, Carwin, JDS, Velasquez, and Mir.

He would be a serious spice to the HW division...

I also though maybe Andrei Arlovski could gain re-entry through a future TUF series, that would be fun! LOL That's how Matt Serra got back.

This is true' date=' but he would most certainly bring some more excitement to a recovering HW division!!![/quote']

Recovering? are you talking about illness cause right now this division is stacked... Plus AA had some awful fights, like Tim Sylvia 3, Wow. AA vs Carwin... thats all I have to say, thats like a glass house vs a wrecking ball... Then you have Mir, Cain, Kongo would beat him, Big nog, he wouldn't be able to deal with the size of Brock, or even Gonzaga. And JDS is on a tear and will get his shot at the title soon. He is one bad mother. AA has passed, he was a decent filler until we got some real fighters. Don't bring him back, He is considered a good fighter now, don't make the same mistake Cro-cop made. Stay away from the UFC

Recovering? are you talking about illness cause right now this division is stacked... Plus AA had some awful fights' date=' like Tim Sylvia 3, Wow. AA vs Carwin... thats all I have to say, thats like a glass house vs a wrecking ball... Then you have Mir, Cain, Kongo would beat him, Big nog, he wouldn't be able to deal with the size of Brock, or even Gonzaga. And JDS is on a tear and will get his shot at the title soon. He is one bad mother. AA has passed, he was a decent filler until we got some real fighters. Don't bring him back, He is considered a good fighter now, don't make the same mistake Cro-cop made. Stay away from the UFC[/quote']

Yes, recovering... It's a compliment, not a complaint bro, calm down... Yeah, before JDS, Velasquez, and Carwin made their rise, I thought it was easily the most boring division in the UFC, but it's steadily rising up... Plus, all the TUF 10 successors will be a fun addition.

Yes' date=' recovering... It's a compliment, not a complaint bro, calm down... Yeah, before JDS, Velasquez, and Carwin made their rise, I thought it was easily the most boring division in the UFC, but it's steadily rising up... Plus, all the TUF 10 successors will be a fun addition.[/quote']

1) what is with people on this forum saying bro... (kinda really gay)

2) What i'm trying to say is the HW division is long past recovering now. As of right now it is the most stacked division, or at least number 2. I can't name the next welterweight thats going to face GSP if Paul Daley loses and MW isn't what it used to be, which it was never stacked. LW is now mixed up thanks to Frankie and maybe one of the most stacked divisions in the UFC but was getting boring with BJ at the top and nobody there to defeat him and then the LHW is a mess right now, ou have alot of great fighters all losing. The only guy I see fighting for the title next is Jon Jones (don't get me wrong the guy is awesome) but Silva lost to Rashad who lost the title just before, Franklin lost to Vitor and Forest isn't ready after his win over Tito. Rampage is just coming back from a movie and we'll see how he does against Evans. What i'm saying is that they have no clear contender. HW division is long past the recovering stage and I have no idea where you have been this past year.

Recovering? are you talking about illness cause right now this division is stacked... Plus AA had some awful fights' date=' like Tim Sylvia 3, Wow. AA vs Carwin... thats all I have to say, thats like a glass house vs a wrecking ball... Then you have Mir, Cain, Kongo would beat him, Big nog, he wouldn't be able to deal with the size of Brock, or even Gonzaga. And JDS is on a tear and will get his shot at the title soon. He is one bad mother. AA has passed, he was a decent filler until we got some real fighters. Don't bring him back, He is considered a good fighter now, don't make the same mistake Cro-cop made. Stay away from the UFC[/quote']

Well, they let Kimbo in right?

I don't think every fighter in the UFC MUST be a top contender in the ranks. They need to be an elite level athelete/mma practitioner.

Having a legit veteran fighter around to match up with the new guys is always better than seeing the latest wonder boy get matched up with a complete can any day.

See, that's my take! I don't know why people think that if somebody will never be a champion, they shouldn't fight at all... Dude, they're doing what they like for a living, and they still make wild money.

Just because, for example, Dan Hardy did not win the championship does not mean that he should quit, and he sucks.

I completely agree with this.. he should not return and cro cop shouldnt be in there either..

yes Arlovski should absolutely come back to the UFC. But considering he usually weighs around 230 fight time I think he should drop to LHW and see how he would do there. He would be a huge LHW and has a better shot of moving up the ladder then he does in the HW division. Thats my personal opinion and adding him to the LHW mix would be pretty sick . Just my opinion though. Let him fight Jardine with the loser getting cut.

Arlovski left the UFC to fight in a different promotion after Tim Sylvia in his prime beat him, it was a bad business decision and he'll probably have to fight outside of the UFC forever unless he knocks everyone out again,He should have a rematch against Rogers and the winner should fight for the title or Fedor.

Well' date=' they let Kimbo in right?

I don't think every fighter in the UFC MUST be a top contender in the ranks. They need to be an elite level athelete/mma practitioner.

Having a legit veteran fighter around to match up with the new guys is always better than seeing the latest wonder boy get matched up with a complete can any day.[/quote']

See' date=' that's my take! I don't know why people think that if somebody will never be a champion, they shouldn't fight at all... Dude, they're doing what they like for a living, and they still make wild money.

Just because, for example, Dan Hardy did not win the championship does not mean that he should quit, and he sucks.[/quote']

Not once did I say that he shouldn't come back because he won't get the title. It's because as of right now the majority respect him as a fighter and I see AA coming in and becoming a prelim card guy. Retire with some dignity and don't hurt your legacy by coming back and fighting with the young guns. I like AA, he can be really boring but he has his really exciting fights. I just think if he does come back, he'll go 1-3 and retire on a low.

Plus just because UFC is letting back Tito and Chuck (bigger names then AA) doesn't mean it's right and letting in Kimbo could be a mistake, we'll see if he's still here may 8th. but two wrongs don't make a right. Just because everyone else seems to be getting another shot doesn't mean AA should.

Not once did I say that he shouldn't come back because he won't get the title. It's because as of right now the majority respect him as a fighter and I see AA coming in and becoming a prelim card guy. Retire with some dignity and don't hurt your legacy by coming back and fighting with the young guns. I like AA' date=' he can be really boring but he has his really exciting fights. I just think if he does come back, he'll go 1-3 and retire on a low.

Plus just because UFC is letting back Tito and Chuck (bigger names then AA) doesn't mean it's right and letting in Kimbo could be a mistake, we'll see if he's still here may 8th. but two wrongs don't make a right. Just because everyone else seems to be getting another shot doesn't mean AA should.[/quote']

Oh. I see you have strong feelings for the man. Lacking that same emotional involvement, I guess I am just interested jn seeing good fights.

As it is, AA is better then some of the fighters currently in the ufc. Nothing wrong, IMO, with the ufc living up to it's banner claim of having the very best fighters. Since AA is better then fighters currently on the hw roster, the question really should be: Why has he not been signed back to fight in the ufc?

Now of course I understand he was let go and moved on to another organization and has continued to fight etc... But time has passed, he has continued to be a relevant fighter and as it is I don't see why he could not be back on the ufc roster.

Andrei is soft and he can't take a punch. People only liked him because of his stupid fangs. I personally just liked watching him get knocked out all of the time.

... before fedor, arlovski had not been flat-ko'd since 2002 .. since 2002 he has been tko'd

by rogers & sylvia > (mir & gonzaga have 5 tko losses each/ since '02)

He will loose but I say bring him back. He kept things pretty exciting for sure but he will not do well in the current HW talent pool. He will win a few fights but loose many more. His striking is fun to watch but he has no chin and currently there are many HWs that can put you out of the fight with one or two shots.

Archived