Dream opponents for Anderson Silva

SenseiJoselo

Hi, I'm new here.

Who would you like to see fight Anderson Silva? I'm talking a dream match.

For me it would be Cung Le and GSP.

Cung Le has great stand up skills, I think he would give Anderson some trouble with his powerful kicks.

GSP would give Silva trouble with his superior wrestling, no matter what weight class they fight.

Hi' date=' I'm new here.

Cung Le has great stand up skills, I think he would give Anderson some trouble with his powerful kicks.

GSP would give Silva trouble with his superior wrestling, no matter what weight class they fight.[/quote']

ive always wanted to see kung lee vs gsp or anderson silva...any match up of the 3 would be intense!!!

as far as predicting what would happen, i dont agree...

After the Scott Smith fight, I think Cung Le would get owned.

I mean, first off he showed that he perhaps doesn't have a hugely solid chin. You don't often see someone land a clean punch on Cung Le, and once Scott managed it, Cung was wobbling all over the place on his way to getting TKO'd

Secondly, Anderson has recently developed a habbit of catching kicks and pumelling the person who threw it. That would be bad for someone who creates most of his success by throwing kicks.

What was Anderson Silva's first martial art growing up? Taekwondo.

What was Cung Le's first martial art before learning San Shou? Taekwondo.

Taekwondo provides a solid base for a striker's timing, distance adjustments, and reaction speed.

If you don't believe me ask Joe Rogan.

melvin manhoef for the reason that u would never be able to dance on melvin like he did to maia. i think melvin is the sickest striker besides anderson, but anderson has shown he can take a way better punch. too bad melvin lost that fight to robbie from that one shot after a round of dominating lawler. melvin wouldnt ever work his way to a title shot with anderson however since he wouldnt survive the wrestling of other contenders, but if he did make it to anderson, u know silva would not be shooting in for takedowns. so i think it would be interesting.

in the end tho, anderson would still more than likely win by knockout, as good as a striker as melvin is. like i said it would be a change to see anderson go up against the best striker he has seen. its all in opinion.

I would love to see Machida vs. Silva also. Dana said teammates will have to fight eventually....

I'm glad I'm not the only one.The heat we're going to get for saying this I don't care.You can tell me they will circle around the octagon enough to form a F5 Tornado doesn't bother me.I want to see this only cause they are very smart strikers.I wouldn't know who to choose.Even though I know Silva would be the favorite.So I'd go for machida.I think it would be an even tie.Depending on who's smarter.Glad you feel that would be a dream match just like me.Cause it needs to happen. :)

An harder question would be - Why do you think Cung Le would have a chance against Silva?

Cung Le has just been KO'd by Scott Smith' date=' he is knocking on the door of 40yrs old and he's nowhere near active enough.[/quote']

Exactly, Cung Le wouldn't last a round with Anderson..he'd get absoloutly and totally owned.

To get Silva a decent fight he needs to fight heavier, 205 at least and then once at 205 he needs to be up against the best...Rampage, Machida, Jon Jones (one of the best in my opinion), Shogun..and if he cleans those up he needs a serious look at some of the smaller heavy weights.

Oh, and trust me, he'd beat GSP.

I'd rather watch Anderson fight Cung Le than Chael Sonnen' date=' but that's just me.[/quote']

So would I if Cung Le was 10 years younger and had more than one or two fights in the last two years. If Silva came out all guns blazing Cung Le would get embarrassed and quite possibly seriously hurt, why would you enjoy that?

i dont know if cung le would beat anderson silva but please dont get cung le's kicks confused with some of these guys in the UFC recently. Forrest throws the laziest slowest kicks ever. You cant probe silva with kicks you have to knock him out with em lol, i think the old cro cop is the only solid kicker in the UFC, not that others are not good at them, but nobody uses kicks like cung le and cro cop. Again there has been some good knock outs from kicks but to be realy crazy agresive with kicks, hard powerful,fast kicks , you just dont see em in the UFC right now. But yea cung le is older and because of it perhaps slower, ever millionth of a second counts when the guys are as good as that bunch.

Hi' date=' I'm new here.

GSP would give Silva trouble with his superior wrestling, no matter what weight class they fight.[/quote']

i've seen cung le and plenty of his fights and no his striking is nowhere near andersons, he does utilize kicks to their maximum potential which im a fan of but that doesnt make him an amazing fighter

i've seen cung le and plenty of his fights and no his striking is nowhere near andersons' date=' he does utilize kicks to their maximum potential which im a fan of but that doesnt make him an amazing fighter[/quote']

True. Cung Le's ground game is weak at best and I have yet to see him throw a really hard punch. He's got those video game kicks though.

I'm glad I'm not the only one.The heat we're going to get for saying this I don't care.You can tell me they will circle around the octagon enough to form a F5 Tornado doesn't bother me.I want to see this only cause they are very smart strikers.I wouldn't know who to choose.Even though I know Silva would be the favorite.So I'd go for machida.I think it would be an even tie.Depending on who's smarter.Glad you feel that would be a dream match just like me.Cause it needs to happen. :)

Yeah' date=' those two will fight sooner or later.

I'd rather watch Anderson fight Cung Le than Chael Sonnen, but that's just me.

Exactly.

i dont know if cung le would beat anderson silva but please dont get cung le's kicks confused with some of these guys in the UFC recently. Forrest throws the laziest slowest kicks ever. You cant probe silva with kicks you have to knock him out with em lol' date=' i think the old cro cop is the only solid kicker in the UFC, not that others are not good at them, but nobody uses kicks like cung le and cro cop. Again there has been some good knock outs from kicks but to be realy crazy agresive with kicks, hard powerful,fast kicks , you just dont see em in the UFC right now. But yea cung le is older and because of it perhaps slower, ever millionth of a second counts when the guys are as good as that bunch.[/quote']

GSP and Machida have great kicks! But I still believe Cung Le's kicks would nullify Silva's striking, specially with his spinning back kick, Anderson would have a hard time getting close.

Ok, if this is dream match ups I'd go for SIlva Vs Eddie Honda. I think Silva's speed and athletisism would overcome the bulk power of Honda. Providing Silva can land some good puches and maybe a few leg kicks I think he can soften Honda up but if Honda connects with the patented 'hundred hand slap' then it might just all be over for SIlva.

If SIlva can get a bunk up form his corner, jump off the cage top and land an elbow on Honda's top knot then maybe a KO is in the offing.

Who knows, I know I'd rather fight Honda than Ryu!

Archived