MMA in the Olympics

Alex_mtl1406052441

I really want it to happen, but it won't for a long time. At least not with the committee they have in place now. They say it's too violent and junk others problems would be

1) if they allow UFC fighters then AS GSP BJ would all be getting gold

2) If not then alot of people would not watch at all ( I would for sure but I'm a huge MMA fan)

3) The rules would be different from Japan to North America so which ones do you use

3b) Cage or ropes (my vote would be Cage)

Although it would be awesome... it is not going to happen.

well like i said in the 1st post' date=' i think it could be like boxing/wrestling and only have amateur fighter, so no ufc/sf fighters. then like in boxing after the olympics they turn pro and sign with whoever they want. thats the way i see it.[/quote']

Its the promotions choice though, im sure SF or Dream will have no problem with Olympics as they let their fighters fight almost anywhere...

If the UFC wants to be party poopers let them use their own toilet!

I think MMA could definitely be in the Olympics one day, but it would be a lot different than what we're used to. It would most likely be only amateur fighters and have a lot of different rules. I imagine there being headgear, shin pads, perhaps slightly heavier gloves, no elbows, maybe even no knees, shorter rounds, and a scoring system that's completely different from pro MMA. You would probably score a finite amount of points on a scoreboard for things like clean strikes, takedowns, close sub attempts, advancing position, etc.

Its the promotions choice though' date=' im sure SF or Dream will have no problem with Olympics as they let their fighters fight almost anywhere...

If the UFC wants to be party poopers let them use their own toilet![/quote']

you dont understand. Professional fighters (UFC, Strikeforce, Dream) would not be allowed to participate by the Olympic committee, just as professional boxers are not allowed to participate. It would have nothing to do with the promotions.

I think MMA could definitely be in the Olympics one day' date=' but it would be a lot different than what we're used to. It would most likely be only amateur fighters and have a lot of different rules. I imagine there being headgear, shin pads, perhaps slightly heavier gloves, no elbows, maybe even no knees, shorter rounds, and a scoring system that's completely different from pro MMA. You would probably score a finite amount of points on a scoreboard for things like clean strikes, takedowns, close sub attempts, advancing position, etc.[/quote']

This is probably right. MMA fighters can suffer quite a bit of damage in a fight, even when they win. You often see medical suspensions following events would would ruin the Olympic tournament. The Olympics are only 2 weeks long.

Not to dangerous.

Strikes from boxing just add kicks' date='

Grappling from wrestling and Judo.[/quote']

Boxing in Olympics use headgear.

Also they don't allow anyone pro in the Olympics in Boxing

Judo if you watch it in the Olympics is simply throws no hitting.

Wrestling in Olympics is just a grappling tourney once again no pros allowed.

Archived