UFC - Marketing Geniuses or Kool Aid Pushers??

ThePugNose

Just curious but I read everyone saying how much better the fighters in the UFC are than any other fighters.

The UFC is textbook marketing genius! TUF brings in nondescript fighters (how many could you have named prior to them appearing on TUF) The UFC feeds us them weekly on free TV. All neatly packaged in slick weekly elimination tournament, suggestive drama trailers every week. (Kimbo is going to get back in... how many times did you hear that?)

Top it off with a free live event to crown our new heros. And Viola at least a half dozen new top notch UFC fighters better than Strikeforce, Bellator, K1, etc fighters and we all know they are better, why? Because...

The UFC told us.

Are you drinking the Kool Aid?

You mentioned Kimbo and Kool aid in the same post...

That's racist.

Never bring up kool aid after you mention an African American fighter. I've seen people get their **** whipped for far less. I hope you don't go around talking like that in the streets. Wind up getting on one of Kimbo's street fight HL's

Tuf contestants better than strikeforce fighters.

Some may be, others not. Just because nobody hears about them pre TUF does not mean they are not skilled before, nor does it make them skilled after.

The UFC is great at marketing, but that is the way TV goes.

Who watches lost for the storyline? The one that is different season after season. They watch it to see whats next, because they saw a great trailer showing them what they might miss next week...

That's racist.

Never bring up kool aid after you mention an African American fighter. I've seen people get their **** whipped for far less. I hope you don't go around talking like that in the streets. Wind up getting on one of Kimbo's street fight HL's

HAHAHAH!

+1 oh man that made me laugh

i dont really think people have really said the new guys from the show are automatically better then other fight organization fighters. but some do evolve and become some of the best fighters but how many is that maybe 1 or 2 from a show and overall of course ufc is going to have the best fighters they are the biggest organization for mma there is and that makes the best fighters want to be there so they can prove themselves to be better then the best. the majority of other organizations are filled with people that couldnt cut it in the ufc or fell out of their prime with the exception of fedor but overall most the guys in the show never make anything of themselves so you might get 1 or 2 out of 32 people that might be good enough to compete at a high lvl of competition. i am not trying to down the smaller organizations but its just how these things work bigger shows equal bigger fighters.

So you are saying that this year''s TUF contestants are better than Jake Sheilds?

Mozzez please i beg you STOP DRINKING SO MUCH KOOL AID

you sir, are mental... he said some are and some AREN'T... meaning are not, if you understand english... therefore no he is not saying this years TUF contestants are better then jake SHIELDS, but they could be.....

Tuf contestants better than strikeforce fighters.

Some may be' date=' others not. Just because nobody hears about them pre TUF does not mean they are not skilled before, nor does it make them skilled after.

The UFC is great at marketing, but that is the way TV goes.

Who watches lost for the storyline? The one that is different season after season. They watch it to see whats next, because they saw a great trailer showing them what they might miss next week...[/quote']

+1, great point made.

That's racist.

haha dont say anything about fried chicken or orange and grape soda oh and dont ever metion aids and african americans in the same sentence either. unless you voted for barrack obama then your not a racist. haha lol.

Archived