I appreciate anderson silva even more now

Brady969

After watching the fight between Anderson Silva and Demian Maia for the tenth time, I no longer feel sorry for Demian and realize I was being stupid when my heart started to bleed for him. I was almost disappointed in Anderson but that disappointment is gone because I've come to the conclusion that these guys are beating the s**t out of each other for fun and or money.

Anybody who makes a living out of hitting someone else doesn't deserve my sympathy. Call it art or a sport all you want but in the end you're hitting another human being for your own self pleasure...NOT THAT I FIND ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT. Please don't get me wrong. I love MMA!

What's the difference if Anderson makes you look bad by clowning you with a beat down or he makes you look bad by showing he's just more skilled with his fist on your face and then bowing to you after you've been beaten to a bloody mess by him? Sounds just as retarded to me.

I've had an awakening and decided that I want to see more of what I saw during UFC 112 from Anderson Silva.

Before you criticize Anderson for the way he acted, remember that there's no honor in doing something as stupid as agreeing to fight Anderson Silva if you don't have the stand up game.

It's kind of like a hot stripper wearing a short skirt at a sex offenders therapy session and then complaining that the guys were hitting on her. She asked for it.

The humiliation of Maia was well deserved and the way The Spider acted WAS expected!

Go ahead, run me over with the Silva hate train.

Anderson hand picked Maia... AFTER he ducked Marquardt, Hendo, and Vitor (yeah I said it, that "surgery" was an excuse) So you're why get in there with him comment holds no weight...

Also, how can he sit there and yell at Maia to show him his jiu jitsu and then dance away every single time Maia was on the mat? Just sayin...

The showboating was fine, but enough was enough. If he had finished that fight at the end of the 3rd, or the first half of the 4th, EVERYONE would be loving Anderson Silva for his showboating, and imitations of Machida, and Royce Gracie in the Octagon.. I was laughing my **** off when he was doing it. The crowd is Abu Dhabi loved it.. But he played the fight out with it..

Everyone thought he could have finished it within 30 seconds, but the crowd looked at it like he was putting on a show for the fans, by the end of the 3rd everyone was like alright you've done enough showboating, how about that highlight reel finish to top of what was a sick UFC event.

The showboating would've been fine if he kept it in moderation.. But when you allow it to the main focal point of the entire event, you've got a serious problem.. Still if Anderson finishes that fight, at the end of the 3rd, Anderson Silva would be everyones favorite MMA fighter right now. Just because at the time, the showboating was awesome, but if you plan to do all that showboating.. YOU BETTER FINISH THE FIGHT.

Anderson hand picked Maia... AFTER he ducked Marquardt' date=' Hendo, and Vitor (yeah I said it, that "surgery" was an excuse) So you're why get in there with him comment holds no weight...

Also, how can he sit there and yell at Maia to show him his jiu jitsu and then dance away every single time Maia was on the mat? Just sayin...[/quote']

+10

Also am I the only person who saw Maia (who strikes like a three year old baby) almost knock Silva out? Cause Silva was stumbling and falling all over the place... haha, it was beautiful...

I could care less of him showboating. Its disrespectful, but so are other fighters. Life goes on.

I also feel no sympathy for Maia. He fought one of the MMA's best striker and got pummelled. I expected it anyway. The only thing I thought Maia was going to do was get lucky and get Silva to the ground, and then might work a sub although unlikely.

That said, Anderson backtracked like a *****. He looked scared to strike with Maia and made a fool out of himself and the UFC after the second round, closer to the end of the third.

For someone of Anderson's striking ability to be back peddling from Maia with his lack of striking makes Anderson look stupid. Especially when he is marketed by the UFC as the best P4P in the world. People pay to see Silva fight. Not for him to run laps backwards from someone he already beat senseless.

The showboating was fine' date=' but enough was enough. If he had finished that fight at the end of the 3rd, or the first half of the 4th, EVERYONE would be loving Anderson Silva for his showboating, and imitations of Machida, and Royce Gracie in the Octagon.. I was laughing my **** off when he was doing it. [b']The crowd is Abu Dhabi loved it.. [/b]But he played the fight out with it..

Everyone thought he could have finished it within 30 seconds, but the crowd looked at it like he was putting on a show for the fans, by the end of the 3rd everyone was like alright you've done enough showboating, how about that highlight reel finish to top of what was a sick UFC event.

The showboating would've been fine if he kept it in moderation.. But when you allow it to the main focal point of the entire event, you've got a serious problem.. Still if Anderson finishes that fight, at the end of the 3rd, Anderson Silva would be everyones favorite MMA fighter right now. Just because at the time, the showboating was awesome, but if you plan to do all that showboating.. YOU BETTER FINISH THE FIGHT.

Yeah AK, you could tell the crowd loved it... Especially when they started chanting 'GSP, GSP, GSP' and 'MAIA, MAIA, MAIA'

So he "hand picked" him...that means? He still decided to fight him.

Surgery is an excuse? lol....thanks doc!

So you're saying that Maia shouldn't have taken the fight because Anderson Silva wanted him? Well then, he'd look like Anderson when Hendo wanted him... But Maia's a total class act and a competitor whereas Anderson has made a mockery of a sport based on discipline and respect, there's no room for another Lesnar...

I just wish Maia would have thrown a leg kick to Silva's head when Silva was doing that really low stance.

Agreed, but thats why no one beats Silva, its not because of his talent, its because of Hype-fear... Hendo controlled the entire first round when they fought and then he stopped doing anything its like a switch goes off in your head when your fighting Silva that says "Okay, time to stop fighting now."

Silva already destroyed Marquardt in the past' date=' what reason would he have to duck him??? If Marquardt had beaten Sonnen, Silva would still be fighting Marquardt, and he would have too.

He would dismantle old Vitor too.[/quote']

Ask Sera if he feels he would Dominate GSP in another rematch.

Just because you won the first fight does not guarantee an easy fight the next time. Fighters evolve and get better, especially after a loss.

Would Nate or Hendo destroy Silva, nope. Could they, anything is possible, much more possible than Maia taking Silva to the ground and subbing him.

I would give Sonnan a better chance to beat Silva than Maia, and Maia is a better fighter.

Sonnan can at least get silva into a position where he is in control, Maia lacked that ability.

Will Sonnan do anything significant with that position, I doubt it, but he will get Silva down a few times.

He ducked Vitor two or three times' date=' and until this last time (when Vitor tore up his shoulder) Silva never said a word about it. Now Vitor is begging to fight Silva, and Silva wants to move to a different weight class? Yeah, they call it ducking for a reason.[/quote']

Not sure where he dodged Vitor before, and he was training to fight Vitor until he got injured.

There's nobody to stop him in the MW division. They've all either lost or don't have a chance.

Yeah' date=' Hendo was handling him too... But I assume you didn't see that fight since that was before Lesnar made it to MMA?[/quote']

I saw the fight and for the record I'm not a Lesner fan. Is this where the "I've been watching MMA longer than you" BS comes into play? Typical UFC message board banter. Bring it on lady.

anderson was just being nice .. he could have pwned him but chose not to.. if he was pressed and was actually tested then we would have seen more devastation ... i dont think anderson is a bully .. and i dont think he wanted to just kick the crap out of someone who never stood a chance .. just look at Marquardt fight against maia .. he got dropped easily with such a easy shot to the dome .. i was disappointed i didnt get to see the killer instinct .. but oh well .. we know its in him and we've seen it before .. he won and thats all that matters .. not to mention he did it easily

time for silva to move up to better competition and take the belt

I think all that training and hype just got to Silva's head. I think at the end when he was apologizing and saying he didn't know what got into him, he realized that he took it too far. When you're pissed off and your adrenaline is pumping, you sometimes do stupid **** and that's what likely happened to him. The first 2 rounds were great, I only wish he kept on going the same way for all 5 instead of the running around. If he kept strategically striking, he likely would have had a stoppage but I do think he got tired for the last few and that's when Maia actually started fighting back.

I don't think Dana should have gotten so pissed. I know it was not what he wanted to promote over there, but I think people just want to see what Silva does next, so either way, it's going to be talked about, which is good for Dana and the money making machine at the UFC.

anderson was just being nice .. he could have pwned him but chose not to.. if he was pressed and was actually tested then we would have seen more devastation ... i dont think anderson is a bully .. and i dont think he wanted to just kick the crap out of someone who never stood a chance .. just look at Marquardt fight against maia .. he got dropped easily with such a easy shot to the dome .. i was disappointed i didnt get to see the killer instinct .. but oh well .. we know its in him and we've seen it before .. he won and thats all that matters .. not to mention he did it easily

time for silva to move up to better competition and take the belt

Yeah the p4p best fighter in the world shouldn't be nice he should end fights... oh wait, sorry I forgot Anderson Silva is an exception right?

Yeah the p4p best fighter in the world shouldn't be nice he should end fights... oh wait' date=' sorry I forgot Anderson Silva is an exception right?[/quote']

How many championship rounds have you gone?

If he is going to keep his belt and have to fight tomato cans don't expect anything super spectacular out of him unless he is pressured.

Yeah AK' date=' you could tell the crowd loved it... Especially when they started chanting 'GSP, GSP, GSP' and 'MAIA, MAIA, MAIA'

So you're saying that Maia shouldn't have taken the fight because Anderson Silva wanted him? Well then, he'd look like Anderson when Hendo wanted him... But Maia's a total class act and a competitor whereas Anderson has made a mockery of a sport based on discipline and respect, there's no room for another Lesnar...[/quote']

This.

How many championship rounds have you gone?

If he is going to keep his belt and have to fight tomato cans don't expect anything super spectacular out of him unless he is pressured.

He is paid as an athlete to give his best regardless of what he is facing, if he's not going to do his job then people need to stop hanging from his nuts and calling him the P4P best.

Yeah the p4p best fighter in the world shouldn't be nice he should end fights... oh wait' date=' sorry I forgot Anderson Silva is an exception right?[/quote']

thats where you just voice your opinion .. he is the champ and should win .. anything more is just a want from you

thats where you just voice your opinion .. he is the champ and should win .. anything more is just a want from you

No I consider it a necessity, Steven Spielberg is one of the greatest Directors to ever live if he were to make three or four bad movies in a role he would lose that title, why should it be any different for Silva. He isn't fighting he's mocking, he's joking around and goofing off, and the last time I checked (Or at least what I was taught) in Martial arts you are supposed to respect your sport and your opponent regardless of who they are or what they are capable of, Silva does not.

Anderson hand picked Maia... AFTER he ducked Marquardt' date=' Hendo, and Vitor (yeah I said it, that "surgery" was an excuse) So you're why get in there with him comment holds no weight...

Also, how can he sit there and yell at Maia to show him his jiu jitsu and then dance away every single time Maia was on the mat? Just sayin...[/quote']

dude ur a dumba$$ vitor got injurered and sonnen n marquardt just fought. they woulda had 1 or 2 months to prepare for a title fight which isnt realistic.and hendo isnt even in the ufc bc hes fighting for strike force. idiot

No I consider it a necessity' date=' Steven Spielberg is one of the greatest Directors to ever live if he were to make three or four bad movies in a role he would lose that title, why should it be any different for Silva. He isn't fighting he's mocking, he's joking around and goofing off, and the last time I checked (Or at least what I was taught) in Martial arts you are supposed to respect your sport and your opponent regardless of who they are or what they are capable of, Silva does not.[/quote']

are you saying he should lose is title with out getting legitimately beaten?

dude ur a dumba$$ vitor got injurered and sonnen n marquardt just fought. they woulda had 1 or 2 months to prepare for a title fight which isnt realistic.and hendo isnt even in the ufc bc hes fighting for strike force. idiot

You call vitor a **** for getting injured, but silva has gotten injured three times, all right before fighting vitor, maybe you're the idiot.

He is paid as an athlete to give his best regardless of what he is facing' date=' if he's not going to do his job then people need to stop hanging from his nuts and calling him the P4P best.[/quote']

Until he is defeated in any of the weight classes he decides to fight, he is the best.

How he wins is up to him or the guy he's fighting. Stop acting like a dang victim. He'll lose eventually, but not to any of the fools you can think of.

You call vitor a **** for getting injured' date=' but silva has gotten injured three times, all right before fighting vitor, maybe you're the idiot.[/quote']

really? vitor? does anyone here that actually watches MMA think that vitor would be much of a challenge for silva? Don't get me wrong, Vitor is a fun fighter to watch, and it would be a fun match.. but really?

I need evidence of this. When was he going to fight Vitor before and what injuries?

They were supposed to fight at 108 - Silva got injured, Elbow Surgery

Then they reset the fight to 109 and Silva still wasn't ready - However! Silva said he wouldn't fight Vitor but would be perfectly fine if they put him into a fight with anyone else.

And Vitor would kill anderson silva, he's better on the ground, faster standing up and knows all of Silva's moves (not that he has that many). Silva is going to keep ducking Belfort just watch. and if he doesn't he will die.

You guys kill me with talking about how guys that have won a round against silva were good or great wreslters. The point you clowns are missing is that when it was all said and done they tapped or got chocked out. Sonnen has a lot of mouth and silva will punish him and have him looking at the lights just like every other clown he's ktfo.

You call vitor a **** for getting injured' date=' but silva has gotten injured three times, all right before fighting vitor, maybe you're the idiot.[/quote']

Reread what he said. He called the guy he was responding to a ****, not Vitor.

Do you think the Fight with Sonnen will be on the Undercard.
No chance. Silva is going to be co-main event at the lowest. Most likely they'll just put a great card together to make sure that they have something to fall back on if SIlva toys Sonnen for too long.

No I consider it a necessity' date=' Steven Spielberg is one of the greatest Directors to ever live if he were to make three or four bad movies in a role he would lose that title, why should it be any different for Silva. He isn't fighting he's mocking, he's joking around and goofing off, and the last time I checked (Or at least what I was taught) in Martial arts you are supposed to respect your sport and your opponent regardless of who they are or what they are capable of, Silva does not.[/quote']

its a want... not a need .. stupid spielberg comparison by the way ..if you read what you posted you'll see allot of me me me in there ... people go to win ..however they do it is up to them .. you dont like dont watch or pay for cards he is on

did u watch the fight? he didnt almost knock out silva' date=' silva was clowing him and pretending he got hurt, if ya dont know what ur talkin bout on here dont even post anything,[/quote']

Backup post, someone already said that.

Thats not the point in the least, if you aren't going to at least attempt to entertain you don't need to be fighting on something that people pay for.

yeah u obv have no idea what ur talking about... u are the only one who seen that bc he wasnt hurt, he was just toying with him, he wasnt hurt, r u kidding me? if you honestly think he was hurt then you dont even deserve to post comments on here, bc people dont like hearing stupid things that are totally off, know ur stuff before you say something.. save everyone else the time of readin dumb stupid things! thank you

WHAT? this isn't just "Martial Arts" it's MIXED Martial Arts....Look up the word MIXED. Various fight styles including BOXING and with BOXING there's the physiological aspect. Ask Ali.

WHAT? this isn't just "Martial Arts" it's MIXED Martial Arts....Look up the word MIXED. Various fight styles including BOXING and with BOXING there's the physiological aspect. Ask Ali.

Ali didn't run and play air guitar in a fight, he finished them don't dare compare ali to silva.

Archived