Tito out of the UFC?

JackDH

I know chuck and tito aren't fighting again but i was just looking at chucks twitter and he put this:

" I've asked dana already to make tito fight me if he wants to come back to the ufc so I'll be here waiting to ko him for the 3rd time when ever he is ready. For now I'm going to concentrate on franklin, thanks "

Anybody know anything about this?

http://twitter.com/ChuckLiddell

yeah but tito always has somehing to say thats not true ... and he didnt say it was gonna be a ufc octagon either

The UFC are the only organisation that's legally allowed to use an octagon. Sounds strange, but they've got it trademarked and if you look at any other organisations, you'll see that none of them use octagons.

spoiler:

chuck is really fighting tito but all the drama is promotional...

honestly why would he fight franklin?!?!?

it would only be good for chuck' date=' franklin wouldnt necessarily move up the ladder from beating chuck[/quote']

That would be quite hilarious, but I'm pretty sure Chuck/Franklin is for real...

The UFC are the only organisation that's legally allowed to use an octagon. Sounds strange' date=' but they've got it trademarked and if you look at any other organisations, you'll see that [b']none of them use octagons[/b].

the WEC uses an octagon. it's just a smaller diameter. an organization can't "trademark" something like that. only the specifics of the cage. that make sense?

the WEC uses an octagon. it's just a smaller diameter. an organization can't "trademark" something like that. only the specifics of the cage. that make sense?

Doesn't the UFC own WEC? And the Fire Pro Wrestling game had an octagon for their MMA mode, but UFC took legal action and it was changed for the next game. So it is possible to trademark something like the shape of your ring. It's all part of the product.

The WEC is owned by Zuffa so that makes sense.

If you look through the UFC fact sheet on the website here. It says:

The octagonal competition mat and cage design are registered trademarks and/or trade dress of Zuffa' date=' LLC[/b'] and are symbolic of the highest quality mixed martial arts events brought to you under the Ultimate Fighting Championship? brand name. In 1993, UFC events were the first to feature an eight-sided competition configuration which has become known worldwide as the UFC Octagon?

The UFC Octagon? competition enclosure is unique from any other fighting arena because the octagonal shape and structure have become inherently associated with Zuffa and the UFC? brand name among mixed martial arts consumers, other mixed martial arts organizations and the national media. The UFC Octagon competition enclosure is regularly featured on UFC Pay-per-view events, UFC? Fight Night? and The Ultimate Fighter? reality TV series. The UFC Octagon? competition enclosure creates a neutral arena to showcase the skills of UFC mixed martial arts athletes. The UFC organization has established a reputation for providing the maximum safety to the fighters with commission approved ring structures, canvas, and all safety padding and fences. Zuffa makes major investments to ensure the safety of competitors in the UFC Octagon enclosure -- as a result, when people see The Octagon? enclosure they associate it with the reputation and quality delivered only by Zuffa at UFC? events.

coleman and tito both have nothing to offer as far as a real fight goes. both men are done, finished, and should go away. coleman already is, but now tito needs to also. he is boring, ive never liked him, he dosnt even fight, he just wants a takedown, and the time for one sided graplers is gone in the ufc, tito cannot hang with even the most new fighters in the ufc. i could beat tito ortiz, i know i could. i have a pro record of only 4-0 but still, i know i could beat him. id literally jump over him as he ran in on my, grab his neck while im flyinh over him, hook my feet in and choke him out, ive finished alot of guys with this one

This from Tito's twitter to Dana.

@danawhite if chuck gets koed please let him still fight me. Please. I will be ready by sept.oct. I want to make chuck MY *****! Because pay backs are a *****! Come on chuckypoo make it happen! Thank you Dana very much.♥ Tito HBBB Ortiz☺

the only reason he said that is because if he gets ko'd he thinks he has a better chance .. tito is scared to fight a winning chuck.. and again runs his mouth and dodges his opponent .. tito is a UFC loser

i cant wait till it all comes out on tuf see wot hes *****ed a bout now we all know hes ducked chuck AGAIN

tito you are a bum and my gran could knock you out you punk **** ***** who ducks fights

so, tell me. how do you really feel about this? hahahahahaha!

no doubt tito is a has been, a never will be again, and a complete tool and a disgrace to this sport, but when it was "his time to shine" he did enough to get a hall of fame induction, the reason i think hes not there now is because dana white doesn't want to put him there and he hopes someone breaks his title defense record so he doesn't get to be put in to the hall of fame

WEC began with a pentagonal cage, then after the purchase they now use a octagon. I think Elite XC uses a circular cage. UFC did have a trademark but in 2001 allowed other promotions to use the octagon.

Archived