anderson silvas chin

jduk

what do we think? it hasnt been tested much, he is a very hard man to hit. but id say that maia hurt him when he was clowning around. maia hurt him. if a guy like maia can hurt him, who isnt a knockout artist by any stretch of the imagination, how will he do if he moves up to lightheavyweight? i can see him getting knocked out by rashad, rampage, shogun and maybe a couple of other guys.

thoughts and comments please. cheers

i want to see his and machidas get tested. But that probably wont happen ..Waaaaaaaaggghhhh

was thinking the same about machida too, which is possibly one of the reasons that he prefers to counter. i know he has a karate base, which traditionally is a counter attacking style, but he chooses not to push the pace at all, example rashad evans fight

what do we think? it hasnt been tested much' date=' he is a very hard man to hit. but id say that maia hurt him when he was clowning around. maia hurt him. if a guy like maia can hurt him, who isnt a knockout artist by any stretch of the imagination, how will he do if he moves up to lightheavyweight? i can see him getting knocked out by rashad, rampage, shogun and maybe a couple of other guys.

thoughts and comments please. cheers[/quote']

as long they can get close enough to a.silva to hit me and a.silva is a smart fighter i doubt he will take a chance of getting too close. rashad as no reach advantage so im sure a.silva will break his leg down.

I'm not an Andersom hater, but I think he has a soft lookin little head. I don't think he can take a good power punch, thats why his game is centered so much around good movement and counter strikes. That, and the fact hat no one wants to get punced in the face.

was thinking the same about machida too' date=' which is possibly one of the reasons that he prefers to counter. i know he has a karate base, which traditionally is a counter attacking style, but he chooses not to push the pace at all, example rashad evans fight[/quote']

ummmm..im pretty sure he started to push the pace in the rashad fight. Just watch the last minute of the fight

what do we think? it hasnt been tested much' date=' he is a very hard man to hit. but id say that maia hurt him when he was clowning around. maia hurt him. if a guy like maia can hurt him, who isnt a knockout artist by any stretch of the imagination, how will he do if he moves up to lightheavyweight? i can see him getting knocked out by rashad, rampage, shogun and maybe a couple of other guys.

I don't see Anderson getting knocked out by Rashad, Rampage or Shogun my friend...Shogun was his most aggressive against Lyoto and was no where near close to knocking out Lyoto...I think Anderson is as elusive as Lyoto if not more, and he throws punches back in bunches...

Rampage would have the best chance, but he's too one dimensional to fight Anderson

Errr isnt the most effective way of fighting to not get hit whilst delivering damage to your opponent ? all the guys who used there solid chin to step through punches are all on there way out....lidel..nog.. the real question is who can you find who can land a good shot on anderson..like..vitor.....

i think the last fight was more exuastion from fighting in a dessert rather then miya's power.

I seriously doubt that Maia hurt Silva honestly. He was toying with him the whole fight. He even pretended to be hurt, but he wasn't. I don't think I've ever seen Silva rocked at all, not even when Lutter had full mount on him.

No way. Anderson Silva absolutely destroy Griffin, who beat Rampage. Also It was a tight match between Griffin and Rashad before Griffin got pounded out. Silva is simply in another catagory, and he has already knocked out Sandman Irvin, a very heavy hitter, and Ex champ griffin.

I don't see Anderson getting knocked out by Rashad' date=' Rampage or Shogun my friend...[b']Shogun was his most aggressive against Lyoto[/b] and was no where near close to knocking out Lyoto...I think Anderson is as elusive as Lyoto if not more, and he throws punches back in bunches...

Rampage would have the best chance, but he's too one dimensional to fight Anderson

Epic fail.

i don't think maia hurt him at all. he put a surprised or uneasy look on his face....but he didn't stagger silva or anything like that.

i have seen silva get tagged more then a few times in his career, he has a good chin.

Actualy A. Silva has a very good chin, go watch some of his cage rage fights, he had Curtis 'bang em out' Stout in a clinch and curtis started to throw big left and right hooks and let him do it and didnt look affected at all. Also Dan henderson landed two hooks to a.silvas chin and he took em unphased.

Epic fail.

Epic fail?! Wtf are you talking about...

Instead you make a sensible comment you say something stupid like epic fail...

I bet you've been probably waiting for a while to be able to say that, next time say it when there is an EPIC FAIL...

Maybe if you said no way man, Shogun was most aggressive in Pride...then I'd tell your goofy **** that his fight against Lyoto was the biggest fight of his career and we did see the best Shogun we've seen because it was definitely his toughest opponent...

But nah, you make a stupid epic fail comment that doesn't even apply right now!

Anderson Silva has a GOOD chin. Personally, I still don't understand what the fans criteria for a good chin is- Is it whether he's able to take a beating and not get hurt or KOed? Is it whether he's able to take a hard shot and not get stunned? Is it a combination of both? If so, then Anderson matches the second criteria, and we can't say anything about the first cuz he's never been in serious trouble.

However, I suggest you watch his fight against Hendo, 2nd round Hendo lands a clean right cross that usually changes the fight's momentum, it did not on Anderson.

Also, Franklin landed some couple of good shots on him the second fight, and even in the clinch in the first fight, none of which stunned him at all, and Franklin has decent power.

Watch his fight against Jorge Rivera years ago, Anderson gets him in a thai clinch, Rivera lands very clean shots that simply jerk anderson's head and he's taking them like cupcakes.

P.S, I don't agree that Maia hurt Silva with that right hand, if he did we would've seen him clearly stunned, which we did not. Any fighter can be hurt and knocked out, but this is my general opinion on Silva's chin, and combined with his superior skills, he's not gonna be an easy guy to KO. Vitor may have a chance if and only if he lands the first big one and capitalizes on it right away. I doubt Vitor will do it cuz Vitor IMO is only an attacker (he only fights good forward and cannot take punishment well, evident in his fights with Randy, Tito, Hendo, etc.)

I bet you've been probably waiting for a while to be able to say that' date=' next time say it when there is an EPIC FAIL...

Maybe if you said no way man, Shogun was most aggressive in Pride...then I'd tell your goofy **** that his fight against Lyoto was the biggest fight of his career and we did see the best Shogun we've seen because it was definitely his toughest opponent...

But nah, you make a stupid epic fail comment that doesn't even apply right now![/quote']

Shogun was far more dangerous in Pride. A Pride shogun would have gone for the finish against Machida.

I bet you've been probably waiting for a while to be able to say that' date=' next time say it when there is an EPIC FAIL...

But nah, you make a stupid epic fail comment that doesn't even apply right now![/quote']

good points

i know where you are both coming from though

shogun is one of the few people to stop rampage and he did it in the first round as well...not many people can say that

along with his fights against lil nog, overeem, liddell etc, i can see why he could debate that machida wasnt his best performance

but yer to say epic fail was going abit far on his behalf

x

Shogun was far more dangerous in Pride. A Pride shogun would have gone for the finish against Machida.

I think if Shogun had the opportunity to go for the finish in their first fight he would have...Lyoto didn't give him that many openings to finish though...I understand Shogun was a beast in Pride, but the UFC is a different game altogether...

Why I say it was his best performance is because he gave Lyoto the toughest fight Lyoto has been in so far...and Lyoto is a monster there is no doubt

i would love to see him move up and get it tested..

the rest of his fights should be in the LHW.

if he truly wanted to be regarded as the best p4p fighter ever, he needs to make the move. if he retires without fighting at least a couple out of rampage, rua, machida, jones, t. silva, rashad, there will always be critics.

i think there are a handful of guys that would give him a serious problem

I think if Shogun had the opportunity to go for the finish in their first fight he would have...Lyoto didn't give him that many openings to finish though...I understand Shogun was a beast in Pride' date=' but the UFC is a different game altogether...

Why I say it was his best performance is because he gave Lyoto the toughest fight Lyoto has been in so far...and Lyoto is a monster there is no doubt[/quote']

Actually you said that Shogun was his most "aggressive" in his fight with Machida. Thats why the guy "failed" you because Shogun fought cautiously in the Machida fight.

i dont understand why people say his something is bad before its been tested. Like when Mike Tyson was ko'ing people in round 1, people said he had no cardio. Just because silva chooses not to get punched in the face, thats skill, not a bad chin. I bet if someone with an iron chin could get out the way he would.

this is coming from someone who wants to see silva get ktfo

watch the Henderson fight' date=' Henderson lands alot of big haymakers in the second round that dont even phase Silva[/quote']

He didn't land A LOT of big haymakers as you put it but you are right he definitely landed atleast one very solid right hand and Anderson was fine and just blasted back rocking Hendo. That's when Hendo was scrambling for the takedown but was too hurt to secure it and got choked out. Hendo is good for chin testing considering he hits like a truck. I'm still in shock that Shields face planted but recovered and didn't go out.

Rashad is a great fighter.. probably one of the few who could take silva down along with henderson so i could possibly see silvas chin get tested at least a lil.. machida is gonna get sodomized against SHOGUN...

and for the record machida doesnt push any pace or know how to strike first.. if someone came to his house and threatend his family whats he gonna do wait for the assailant to strike first then counter punch him after somone in his family got wrecked

Rashad is a great fighter.. probably one of the few who could take silva down along with henderson so i could possibly see silvas chin get tested at least a lil.. machida is gonna get sodomized against SHOGUN...

and for the record machida doesnt push any pace or know how to strike first.. if someone came to his house and threatend his family whats he gonna do wait for the assailant to strike first then counter punch him after somone in his family got wrecked

lucky for machida he's a mma'ist, not a bodyguard.

no maia did not hurt him keep dreaming and/or making bad calls on fight... hurt him.... lol im not even a silva fan and i know he never got rocked

thoughts and comments please. cheers[/quote'] letz see jon jones punch or kick anderson" the running spider" silva,

I don't see Anderson getting knocked out by Rashad' date=' Rampage or Shogun my friend...Shogun was his most aggressive against Lyoto and was no where near close to knocking out Lyoto...I think Anderson is as elusive as Lyoto if not more, and he throws punches back in bunches...

Rampage would have the best chance, but he's too one dimensional to fight Anderson[/quote']

Actually you said that Shogun was his most "aggressive" in his fight with Machida. Thats why the guy "failed" you because Shogun fought cautiously in the Machida fight.

Thank you silentson at least someone understood. Starr, I didn't doubt that the fight against Machida was one of the best he has ever fought, but to say he was at his most AGGRESSIVE was a monster fail. PRIDE Shogun was an animal and makes the Shogun in the Machida fight look as aggressive as Kalib Starnes. Just to clarify, I am not saying Shogun didn't fight well, he fought a fantastic fight and I though he won, he hurt Machida, broke his ribs, destroyed his legs and Machida didn't even leave a mark on Shogun, however he did that by being alot more cautious in his approach.

He took some decent shots from Franklin. The thing is he sees punches coming from miles away, he has excellent reflexes. he's almost impossible to hit. Thats why someone like Vitor is the only with a chance!!

Errr isnt the most effective way of fighting to not get hit whilst delivering damage to your opponent ? all the guys who used there solid chin to step through punches are all on there way out....lidel..nog.. the real question is who can you find who can land a good shot on anderson..like..vitor.....

i think the last fight was more exuastion from fighting in a dessert rather then miya's power.

Vitor? Vitor's too reckless. He'd be sleeping real fast.

Archived