Machida vs Rua

FistsOfFleury90

Who do you think will win this bout and why?

I think Machida will take this one home again, but i do think Rua won the first fight, because he is a very intelligent fighter and will focus on the flaws and openings of Rua more for this fight and will not be aggressive for letting his hands go. I think he will circle Rua with body shots and counters and will win this by a unanimous decision, possible TKO, or submission (no Rashad vs Liddell KO haha).

On the other hand Rua is also a very intelligent fighter and will be able to get inside to Machida more in this fight so a possible KO of TKO, but i don't see it happening.

I think this is a great match up between two perfectly matched up warriors. I like both of these fighters a lot and they show a lot of respect to each others talents. I thought there first fight was good but this one will be spectacular.

I'd like Rua to win just so that Silva goes to LHW where he belongs and makes a run for the belt.

About the actual fight, they were very evenly matched before so I think the winner will be the fighter who learned the most with the first fight and adapted the best to the opponent's style in this time. The problem with rematches is that they know their opponent much better now and they know that the opponent knows him too so they'll probably change their strategy for this fight and the gameplan is what I think will decide the match.

The first fight was so close I don't know who will win' date=' it's tought to pick.[/quote']

very true....I watched the first fight again the other night and although I still thought shogun won it was very very close, realizing that it could very possible be another close again, I am hoping for a for sure win via knockout or submission just keep the judges out of it..

I'd like Rua to win just so that Silva goes to LHW where he belongs and makes a run for the belt.

About the actual fight' date=' they were very evenly matched before so I think the winner will be the fighter who learned the most with the first fight and adapted the best to the opponent's style in this time. The problem with rematches is that they know their opponent much better now and they know that the opponent knows him too so they'll probably change their strategy for this fight and the gameplan is what I think will decide the match.[/quote']

I agree, especially about Anderson Silva moving to LHW.

Archived