B.J. Penn ? Greatest

Komodo

B.J. Penn is the greatest lightweight in the sport. B.J. Penn is the greatest UFC lightweight to have ever fought in any organization that has existed. The immediate rematch between “The Prodigy” and Edgar is a tremendous call, as is Shogun V.S. Machida 2. B.J. Penn came into the fight with Edgar on injury, which he did not report. Many people are on B.J’s case because of the way he acted toward the GSP fight. That fight was his wake up call and he is a completely different and an evolved fighter now with great respect for all his opponents, hence the reason he did not complain about the terrible call at UFC 112.

B.J. Penn came into the Edgar fight with a knee brace which has never been seen on Penn before. This more then likely severely limited his cardio, which was evident in comparing the Penn V..S. Sanchez to that of the one facing Edgar. Even with this limited cardio he was able to keep up with Edgar, and in my mind, out strike him. Edgar does not have the power that B.J. has. Edgar could never put Penn away but Penn will put Edgar away.

B.J. Penn dominates Sean Sherk, nothing. B.J. Penn dominates Kenny Florian, nothing. B.J. Penn dominates Sanchez, nothing. B.J. loses a decision where he was not being closed to being finished at all, loads of hate and critics saying B.J. needs to retire. The MMA community is filled with fan experts, and complete oblivious fools who understand nothing of the sport.

I guarantee that when B.J. comes into his rematch with Edgar, in complete 100% shape, he will put Edgar away. No problem. B.J. Penn is the UFC lightweight champ.

I agree about bj being the best lightweight, but I didn't see the fight so I don't know if he was hurt or not. Everytime someone tries to defend BJ, someone else comes in with the "excuses" excuse.

Somebody on this forum said it best, Frankie is borrowing BJ's belt, just like Serra borrowed GSP's.

B.J. Penn is the greatest lightweight in the sport. B.J. Penn is the greatest UFC lightweight to have ever fought in any organization that has existed. The immediate rematch between ?The Prodigy? and Edgar is a tremendous call' date=' as is Shogun V.S. Machida 2. B.J. Penn came into the fight with Edgar on injury, which he did not report. Many people are on B.J?s case because of the way he acted toward the GSP fight. That fight was his wake up call and he is a completely different and an evolved fighter now with great respect for all his opponents, hence the reason he did not complain about the terrible call at UFC 112.

B.J. Penn came into the Edgar fight with a knee brace which has never been seen on Penn before. This more then likely severely limited his cardio, which was evident in comparing the Penn V..S. Sanchez to that of the one facing Edgar. Even with this limited cardio he was able to keep up with Edgar, and in my mind, out strike him. Edgar does not have the power that B.J. has. [b']Edgar could never put Penn away [/b]but Penn will put Edgar away.

B.J. Penn dominates Sean Sherk, nothing. B.J. Penn dominates Kenny Florian, nothing. B.J. Penn dominates Sanchez, nothing. B.J. loses a decision where he was not being closed to being finished at all, loads of hate and critics saying B.J. needs to retire. The MMA community is filled with fan experts, and complete oblivious fools who understand nothing of the sport.

I guarantee that when B.J. comes into his rematch with Edgar, in complete 100% shape, he will put Edgar away. No problem. B.J. Penn is the UFC lightweight champ.

The knee brace had nothing to do with anything as far as I know. His trainer said he was sick and on antibiotics but who knows. Fact is the Bj on that night was slow and mentally not there from the time he walked out. You could tell before the opening bell rang that Bj was not right. The thing is even though this was one of Bj's worst performances the fight was still extremely close and could have gone either way. Personally I think Edgar should fight Maynard and have Bj fight Gomi then rematch but when the rematch happens Penn will destroy Edgar.

B.J. Penn is the greatest lightweight in the sport. B.J. Penn is the greatest UFC lightweight to have ever fought in any organization that has existed. The immediate rematch between ?The Prodigy? and Edgar is a tremendous call' date=' as is Shogun V.S. Machida 2. B.J. Penn came into the fight with Edgar on injury, which he did not report. Many people are on B.J?s case because of the way he acted toward the GSP fight. That fight was his wake up call and he is a completely different and an evolved fighter now with great respect for all his opponents, hence the reason he did not complain about the terrible call at UFC 112.

B.J. Penn came into the Edgar fight with a knee brace which has never been seen on Penn before. This more then likely severely limited his cardio, which was evident in comparing the Penn V..S. Sanchez to that of the one facing Edgar. Even with this limited cardio he was able to keep up with Edgar, and in my mind, out strike him. Edgar does not have the power that B.J. has. [b']Edgar could never put Penn away [/b]but Penn will put Edgar away.

Frankie Edgar won every aspect of fight, BJ got outworked, in all aspects for 25 minutes. BJ had no reported injuries, Frankie Edgar was better, and that is why he is wearing belt. Stop making excuses for his underachieving a**. Edgar trained harder wanted it more, and took it. No one has better cardio then Edgar in the sport. Majority decisions do not justify immediate rematches. No one deserves a title shot more Maynard. BJ can no longer win on talent alone, these guys are too good. Remember this, even if Bj does win rematch it will only even the score w/ Edgar. Edgar 1, BJ 0. Get off his nuts. BJ is great, but I am beginning to lose a lot of respect for the way he goes about his training, and his lack of respect he shows for his opponents. Glad he got humbled, by the better fighter that night!

I disagree that Penn did not lose the fight, but I agree with everything else. Penn beats ANYONE at light weight at LEAST 9 out of 10 times. I don't see how anyone can say he's anything but the #1 guy at light weight still. Edgar did BRILLIANTLY to edge a razorblade close win away from BJ, but if BJ had come in with pretty much any other gameplan, or a tiny bit more healthy, then BJ would have taken the fight in all likelihood.

Not to take any credit away from Edgar, he's a GREAT fighter, and he showed an amazing performance, but I don't think we'll ever see Edgar beat BJ again.

the sad part is BJ has only himself and his fans to blame,BJ fans spend weeks after every GSP fight hating on him and BJ himself is very dissrespectful and comes up with no end of excuses.

BJ is,was,and will always be the greatest LW mma fighter in the history of MMA but his personality lacks so many things he will always be hated by some and loved by others.

personally i think he is a prick! a great fighter but a prick nonetheless!

i completely agree with the start of this post.

I dont believe BJ was 100% that night, and if that was an unhealthy Penn, and Frankie couldnt end him, or at least showcase a better fight, then he'll never beat Penn.

I watched a video of Edgars friends and when they said the 50-45 score, they thought it went to Penn. They yelled, "no f**king way.." that there goes ta show you that many doubt that Edgar would win. I give to Edgar for his game plan, but in all reality, he didnt impress me, and shouldnt have impressed many others. He spent the entire fight hopping around. He barely engaged and when he did, it was one shot, and back the to the hopping. He scored 1 takedown in my opinion but Penn got right back up. the first shouldnt be considered a takedown, since he had ahold of Penns ankle, Penn feel to his butt then jumped up. Edgar was never in guard or nothing. Ive watched the fight 3 times now, and i still dont think Edgars performance was that of a true champion. My biggest complaint is now they take Penn off the P4P rankins for this lost. Ive never agreed with P4P simply for this reason. Penn's accomplishments over his carrer are far greater then abuncha unanamious decision wins that Edgar has. I dont see how he jus gets caterpaulted to the top cause he squized out a decision that many think he doesnt even deserve. Penns carrer has been far greater then his or aioki's and i dont think Penn should lose his spot. And im not jus being a BJ Penn nut hugger, in all reality, thats the truth. The UFC obviously doesnt think Edgar's performance justifys the decisions since there throwing him right back in there with Penn..

BJ will come back and win, but he did lose legitimately.

yeah i agree i think BJ took a page out of rampages book and thought his opponent had no chance against him, bj came in with injuries, sinus infection and a bad game plan. if u have ever had a sinus infection it hurts to breath in through your nose which could have affected his cardio no doubt

The knee brace had nothing to do with anything as far as I know. His trainer said he was sick and on antibiotics but who knows. Fact is the Bj on that night was slow and mentally not there from the time he walked out. You could tell before the opening bell rang that Bj was not right. The thing is even though this was one of Bj's worst performances the fight was still extremely close and could have gone either way. Personally I think Edgar should fight Maynard and have Bj fight Gomi then rematch but when the rematch happens Penn will destroy Edgar.

I never heard that, but I have been wondering what was going on with BJ he just didn't seem himself at all. The rematch makes sense to me it was a close fight I gave it to Edgar, but thought in a Championship bout they would have given it to BJ. BJ destroys Edgar 99/100 times so he'll get his belt back.

the sad part is BJ has only himself and his fans to blame' date='BJ fans spend weeks after every GSP fight hating on him and BJ himself [b']is very dissrespectful and comes up with no end of excuses.[/b]

BJ is,was,and will always be the greatest LW mma fighter in the history of MMA but his personality lacks so many things he will always be hated by some and loved by others.

personally i think he is a prick! a great fighter but a prick nonetheless!

Ok, so there is no end to his excuses...so I guess we are ignoring the fact that he has made no excuses or been disrespectful to anybody since GSP II. Last time I checked, if things stop happening, then that means they ended.

Ok' date=' so there is no end to his excuses...so I guess we are ignoring the fact that he has made no excuses or been disrespectful to anybody since GSP II. Last time I checked, if things stop happening, then that means they ended.[/quote']

Kenny Florian

Kenny Florian

I don't remember anything that disrespectful he said about Kenny, but I don't remember much that was said before it. All I remember is the thing where he was pissed and felt like Kenny called him a liar. What else did he say? I'm quite sure he wasn't nearly as disrespectful as the GSP II fight.

not nearly as disrespectfull but still called Kenny an idiot and was mad that kenny said he was a liar

Don't recall the idiot part, but sounds like it was normal trash talk you'd see before any fight. He didn't say anything after the fight, didn't really say anything leading up to Diego's fight, didn't really say anything after the fight, didn't say anything leading up to Edgar, and the only excuse after Edgar I have heard came from BJ's trainer about the sinus infection, but he still says Franky deserved the win. I'm just sick of GSP fans vs BJ fans and nobody even cares about reality anymore.

BJ is' date='was,and will always be the greatest LW mma fighter in the history of MMA but his personality lacks so many things[b'] he will always be hated by some and loved by others. [/b]

I fixed it for u..

He will always be hated by Canadians and loved by all others

BJ is a nice guy and a great role model i pity people who hate on him and try to say hes something else.

Role model? pffff. He has the ... I'm a spoiled rich kid, whos mommy paid for his private BJJ lessons with the Gracie's when he was a teen attitude.

Bj is a horrible role model. You don't want kids growing up like that! Making excuses, disrespectful talk, lies...

Its more than just them who hate him! Don't fool kid yourself. He is hated!

your hate is toward the greased scandal...get over it already and like said his hated more to canadian people. dont worry when a.silva goes to ww,gsp and bj debate will be over and a.silva will be ww champ and canadians will hate a.silva

your hate is toward the greased scandal...get over it already and like said his hated more to canadian people. dont worry when a.silva goes to ww' date='gsp and bj debate will be over and a.silva will be ww champ and canadians will hate a.silva[/quote']

The GSP/Bj debate ended over a year ago at UFC 94 when GSP destroyed BJ making him quit! Finished him!

Its been Bj and his fans crying ever since, with every excuse.

FTR, GSP will beat Silva at 170. Watch!

The GSP/Bj debate ended over a year ago at UFC 94 when GSP destroyed BJ making him quit! Finished him!

Its been Bj and his fans crying ever since' date=' with every excuse.

FTR, GSP will beat Silva at 170. Watch![/quote']

thats what all the canadian should say so im not surprise...

Archived