What is the most embarrassing way to...

Mcglol

David Gardner getting submitted by Shinya Aoki was pretty embarrassed. Aoki had his back and not much was happening. Japanese crowd were completely silent and David thought it would be funny to wave and say "Hello Japan". As soon as he raised his hand to wave, Aoki sunk in the RNC and tapped him out. I bet his trainers gave him a lot of **** about that afterwards.

I've seen some pretty embarrassing guillotines over the years too. Guys getting up off the ground and just sticking their neck out a little bit and ending up getting subbed. Matt Mittrione getting subbed by James McSweeney on TUF was basically that exact situation.

The most embarrassing way someone can submit is from strikes. The only time I have ever felt that a fighter shouldn't be embarrassed that they tapped from strikes was Buentello v. Kongo.

Actual submission move would have to be...

:D

considering that Submission is probably tied for the hardest submission ever alongside the omplata, it is not very embarassing to get defeated by

Dont really know that much abouut chokes still learning what its all about but i remember rampage saying on tuf 10 when someone got subbed by anaconda choke he was like 'oh man he didnt really tap to that' or something along those lines..so for all you ppl who no more than me is this an embarrasing choke?

Really think so? Wouldnt a fighter be more pissed tapping to something like an triangle choke? RNC are pretty common

Triangles take a certain amount of flexibilty and skill to pull off sucessfully in a fight. The only way to get RNCed is to give up your back and not keep wrist control, which makes it a tad embarassing

Alittle off topic, but this was probably really embarrasing.

2006 olympics, women's snowboard cross finals, Lindsey Jacobellis was in the lead and grabbed her board in the air which looked good, but messed up her balance and she fell, resulting in a silver medal.

I give her big points for the effort, winning is one thing, but winning with style adds evidence that you deserve that win and it wasn't fluke. She had the guts to go for the style.

Triangles take a certain amount of flexibilty and skill to pull off sucessfully in a fight. The only way to get RNCed is to give up your back and not keep wrist control' date=' which makes it a tad embarassing[/quote']

I don't know - I don't think there's any shame in getting RNC'd if it's by a strong BJJ practitioner. You're right in saying it's a white belt submission, but that doesn't mean a white belt can master and escape it in any given circumstance.

When a guys got you in mount and he's pounding your face in, there's not a lot else you can do to avoid the ref stopping the fight other than rolling over and giving up your back. In this situation, the odds are against you. Of course if you maintain wrist control and keep your chin against your chest then you're ok, but that's a lot easier said than done, especially when you've got someone with the strength and dexterity of BJ Penn, Kenny Florian, Anderson Silva etc on your back. They're in control as soon as they get the hooks in or get the body triangle.

Even the worlds top BJJ practioners wouldn't be able to escape a RNC when their opponent has the hooks in and has their hand on their bicep. And it's very hard to avoid that position when you've got a top BJJ guy on your back pounding your face in.

I don't know - I don't think there's any shame in getting RNC'd if it's by a strong BJJ practitioner. You're right in saying it's a white belt submission' date=' but that doesn't mean a white belt can master and escape it in any given circumstance.

When a guys got you in mount and he's pounding your face in, there's not a lot else you can do to avoid the ref stopping the fight other than rolling over and giving up your back. In this situation, the odds are against you. Of course if you maintain wrist control and keep your chin against your chest then you're ok, but that's a lot easier said than done, especially when you've got someone with the strength and dexterity of BJ Penn, Kenny Florian, Anderson Silva etc on your back. They're in control as soon as they get the hooks in or get the body triangle.

Even the worlds top BJJ practioners wouldn't be able to escape a RNC when their opponent has the hooks in and has their hand on their bicep. And it's very hard to avoid that position when you've got a top BJJ guy on your back pounding your face in.[/quote']

True but its still the most basic submission ever, if you watch ameutar fights if theres ever a submission 90% of the time itll be the guillotine or RNC, just because they take such little skill to pull off effecticly.

True but its still the most basic submission ever' date=' if you watch ameutar fights if theres ever a submission 90% of the time itll be the guillotine or RNC, just because they take such little skill to pull off effecticly.[/quote']

It may not take much skill to pull it off. But when it's performed well, it's nigh on impossible to escape a RNC. Watch the end of BJ's fights with Jens Pulver or Kenny Florian, where he uses his leg to trap the arm of his opponent. How on earth do you go about getting out of that situation? I don't believe there's a BJJ practioner on the planet who could have escaped that position once BJ had the arm trapped and the choke sunk in.

There's a difference between knowing how to perform a submission, and mastering that submission to a degree where it becomes almost impossible to escape.

We all know that the easiest way to escape a RNC is to roll into the choke. But what if the guy has hooks in, or even the body triangle? Well the ony way to escape that is to use your hands to pull his arm off your throat. But what if he has one of your arms trapped and is pulling down on your neck with the combined force of both his arms. Well in my opinion (and obviously I'm not BJJ expert), there's no way to escape that other than by luck or by superhuman strength.

It may not take much skill to pull it off. But when it's performed well' date=' it's nigh on impossible to escape a RNC. Watch the end of BJ's fights with Jens Pulver or Kenny Florian, where he uses his leg to trap the arm of his opponent. How on earth do you go about getting out of that situation? I don't believe there's a BJJ practioner on the planet who could have escaped that position once BJ had the arm trapped and the choke sunk in.

There's a difference between knowing how to perform a submission, and mastering that submission to a degree where it becomes almost impossible to escape.

We all know that the easiest way to escape a RNC is to roll into the choke. But what if the guy has hooks in, or even the body triangle? Well the ony way to escape that is to use your hands to pull his arm off your throat. But what if he has one of your arms trapped and is pulling down on your neck with the combined force of both his arms. Well in my opinion (and obviously I'm not BJJ expert), there's no way to escape that other than by luck or by superhuman strength.[/quote']

Well thats more of an example of a good Bjj practioner. I guess it all comes to down to whos submitting you.

Well thats more of an example of a good Bjj practioner. I guess it all comes to down to whos submitting you.

Exactly. It depends entirely on who's performing the choke. If it's a BJJ black belt then they're gonna make it very hard to escape. If it's a striker who's taken a couple of BJJ lessons in order to cope in MMA, then it's more embarrassing.

If you ever get the chance, watch Nick Osipczak's RNC win over Frank Lester at the TUF 9 finale. That was a very basic choke that I think even I could have escaped. As submissions go, that was one of the more embarrassing ones I've seen.

Archived