Does MMA have its "Michel Jordan" or "Ali"?

everlast69

Joben did you get yo name from i love you man?

yes sir! like it?

Best =/= most entertaining. Regardless of his last performance Anderson Silva is still the best fighter in the world.

I really hate to type that but I just don't know who else to put in his spot.

In my opinion he's not the best fighter in the world. One of the the top, yes, but not the best. Plus i don't like his antics and "****yness" (for lack of a better word)

I think the sports still too young. It might be Anderson Silva. Unless Fedor changes his game plan and comes to the UFC it probably won't be him.

I think BJ, Georges, Anderson, Fedor, Randy, Royce, Chuck, Hughes... are all guys that will go down in history in the minds of the fans of the sport, but I don't think any of them is an Ali yet. The sport needs a bit more history before someone like that can rise.

There's going to be a guy at some point who just takes the best in the world and makes them look bad, jumps around weight classes, just completely reigns as an absolute monster. We've got some really really good guys, but I just don't think that guy is there yet. Maby it will be John Jones, maby Machida. Maby someone else. Who knows.

I think one thing you can probably expect, it will be a guy who rises like a meteor, and just crushes everyone until he gets the title shot, and crushes there too. It's pretty rare, but I think we'll see it every now and again, and one of those guys will take his spot as the greatest of all time.

wait a few years, by then i would guess......machida.....He is the 1st UFC fighter to win a title with a perfect record (15-0-0)

he is making history already, and i see him only increasing his legacy with ultimately fighting and defeating a. silva to cement his legacy.

I think the sports still too young. It might be Anderson Silva. Unless Fedor changes his game plan and comes to the UFC it probably won't be him.

I think BJ' date=' Georges, Anderson, Fedor, Randy, Royce, Chuck, Hughes... are all guys that will go down in history in the minds of the fans of the sport, but I don't think any of them is an Ali yet. The sport needs a bit more history before someone like that can rise.

There's going to be a guy at some point who just takes the best in the world and makes them look bad, jumps around weight classes, just completely reigns as an absolute monster. We've got some really really good guys, but I just don't think that guy is there yet. Maby it will be John Jones, maby Machida. Maby someone else. Who knows.

I think one thing you can probably expect, it will be a guy who rises like a meteor, and just crushes everyone until he gets the title shot, and crushes there too. It's pretty rare, but I think we'll see it every now and again, and one of those guys will take his spot as the greatest of all time.[/quote']

great answer

In my opinion he's not the best fighter in the world. One of the the top, yes, but not the best. Plus i don't like his antics and "****yness" (for lack of a better word)

he may be ****y and all but hes still the best pound for pound fighter in the world. Ali was ****y as **** and look where that got him...the top.

kinda funny that in a thread like this Fedor is only mentioned twice

fedor is the MJ' date=' the Ali, the tiger woods, the wayne gretzky of MMA[/quote']

nahh. not til he comes to the ufc and becomes champ. until he proves everyone wrong by coming to the ufc and beating everyone that our HW class has to offer, hes just some dude whos pretty damn good but not the best.

Yep cause almost every pride fighter that transferred over to the UFC has had absolute hell trying to do what they did in pride. Gomi, Wandi, Shogun, and Hendo were all great pride champions and only 1 of them has any chance of obtaining a UFC belt(hendos sort of an oddball in it though).

So why should i think Fedor wouldnt fall off his winning ways like so many other pride champions.

Yep cause almost every pride fighter that transferred over to the UFC has had absolute hell trying to do what they did in pride. Gomi' date=' Wandi, Shogun, and Hendo were all great pride champions and only 1 of them has any chance of obtaining a UFC belt(hendos sort of an oddball in it though)[/quote']

every other pride fighter isnt undeated, destroying every opponent that has been thrown at him, fedors #1 he doesnt have to prove ****

ha.............thanks' date=' i havnt laughed like that in a long time[/quote']

you're welcome. and the people like you that are on fedor's nuts for nothing make me laugh too. as soon as fedor proves he is the best in the world (including UFC) then i'll take back what i said. until then, go sit on fedor's ****

every other pride fighter isnt undeated' date=' destroying every opponent that has been thrown at him, fedors #1 he doesnt have to prove ****[/quote']

Thats true but i just dont see him dominating guys in the UFC anymore hes way past his prime.

Well coming from Australia' date=' none of my friends know who Fedor is. Mention Michael Jordan and even a 5 yr old would know who he is. But I don't know, how is it the States? Does everyone (even non UFC fans) know Randy or Chuck?[/quote']

Pretty much all heterosexual males know the Iceman from somewhere, Randy not so much.

fedor is the MJ' date=' the Ali, the tiger woods, the wayne gretzky of MMA[/quote']

Unless he comes to the UFC and beats Brock Carwin and Dos Santos, I just don't see his legacy going down like that.

He'll DEFINATELY be remembered by the real MMA fans, but he won't have a name in the main stream. He'll be an Alexander Karilin. Feared and revered in the circles that recognize him, but not really recognized by the rest of the world, and the thing is, the sport will grow up and become mainstream without him. So he's going to miss the boat.

In the short history of MMA there are a few comparisons to be made....

Gsp is looking like the Jordan of MMA. One of the greatest ever that took his game to the next level through hard work and almost insane drive...

BJ may be the Magic. Again one of the best rememberred for his love, enthusiasm, and pure natural talent with great early sucess, but didn't reach true success until later when he learned the importance of hard work and dedication to your craft.

Fedor will be the Rocky Marciano/Floydd Mayweather. An all time great rememberred for a stellar record filled with wins against middle of the road fighters and faded champions along with a few credible and meaningful victories.

Randy Couture gets the inevitable Brett Farve comparison. An all time great who held on longer than everyone said he should but proved that age is not always such a factor and had more late successes than every expert said was possible. And win or lose you knew they always loved what they were doing and left it all out there when they were done.

But Ali was the greatest, and for that title, at this point, there is only one that is just approaching the status of the Champ. Everyone believes he is ****y and arrogant and can't wait for him to be put in his place. He fights and lives how he chooses no matter what the general public may think. And every time he steps in the arena to fight, he proves beyond a shadow of a doubt who is the superior man with skill and style uncomparable and never seen before.

It took stripping Ali of his title and robbing him of 3 years of his career to bring down onto an almost even playing field with everyone else. And even then he proved to be the best time and again.

Let's hope Dana pulls his head out of his **** and doesn't allow it to come to that with Anderson The Spider Silva, MMA's The Greatest.

Unless he comes to the UFC and beats Brock Carwin and Dos Santos' date=' I just don't see his legacy going down like that.

He'll DEFINATELY be remembered by the real MMA fans, but he won't have a name in the main stream. He'll be an Alexander Karilin. Feared and revered in the circles that recognize him, but not really recognized by the rest of the world, and the thing is, the sport will grow up and become mainstream without him. So he's going to miss the boat.[/quote']

+1 couldnt have said it better

way to quote the Affliction commentators......... lol

Fedor cant be,

What was the best organizations for each of those sports? Now...those Elite athletes all dominated the Top level compitition in the best organizations in the world.

Fedor is an incredible fighter, but you cant call him a wayne gretzky if he is domination a junior league.

The closest thing IMO to a name to an organization is "Silva" for the fact of Thiago...Wand..Anderson..etc.

Look at gretzky/MJ/Tiger, even someone who doesnt like or follow their sports, if you said their name, they know who you are talking about and what sport they are talking about. It is like my Affliction shirt that has Fedor's name on it, 80% of people ask me who that is.

Not taking anything away from fedors skill but he just cant be the MJ of MMA. Not yet atleast

yes just yes... have u ever see anyone tool with someone like he has? ok didnt think so

please! i'm not taking anything away from silva on his accomplishments. however, i feel he is slightly overrated and isn't a good role model that's for sure.

please! i'm not taking anything away from silva on his accomplishments. however' date=' i feel he is slightly overrated and isn't a good role model that's for sure.[/quote']

well sure thats ur opinion as opposed to 90% of the mma community.. im not even particularly a fan of the guy... i think hes ****y, boring personality and sounds like he has his nuts in a vice when ever he's talking... but im not afraid to admit he has the best stand up.. im sure no one would question that... his ground game isn't showcased as much but it doesnt mean its not any good

remember. it's the MW division. i'm not discrediting any of the fighters in that division' date=' just simply saying silva doesn't face the competition other champions do.[/quote']

Based on his outings at 205 it isn't inconceivable that he would do very well at 205.

Archived