Number 1 Reason why Anderson Silva would defeat Lyoto Machida (PROOF)

FroZeN

So it all started in networking class. I was bored out of my mind, I decided to play a game. This game would be called "Street Fighter". As we all know, Ryu is the equivalent of Machida, and Sagat is the equivalent of Anderson. I chose my character, Ryu.

The first round of the five round fight started off slow. Anderson was feeling his opponent out as is custom to all his fights. Myself, playing as Ryu, go for an Uppercut (for some odd reason everytime I threw an uppercut Machida said "RYUKEN!"). I connect flush on Silva's jaw. Silva gets right back up, throws a headkick, but Machida blocks it. Machida continues throwing uppercuts and weak left and right jabs, but ends up winning round one.

Round two begins. Anderson, starts to let go a little bit more. I start off with 4 spinning back kicks in a row and connect all of them, then I add the uppercut combo. Anderson falls to the ground but immediately gets up and throws a monstrous uppercut, knocking me down. Anderson then throws another muay thai head kick and a straight right cross, both connecting flush. I throw another spinning back kick combo again with the uppercut and end up winning round 2.

Round three beings. Anderson is settled in this time, not playing around anymore. He starts throwing these wild combos of head kicks, straight jabs, and uppercuts. I get in a few hits but this time he obliterates me, Anderson wins round 3.

Round 4. It's on now, as I just got utterly destroyed. I now start using the Machida strategy, which would be punch, run, kick, run, etc. It's effective halfway through the round. Anderson then comes charging at me like an angry Brock Lesnar and kicks me in the head, then the leg, and then a wild uppercut. He keeps uppercutting me, until he takes round 4.

Round 5. Showtime. This is my final shot. Will Machida shock the world and defeat Anderson Silva? Or will Silva show the world that Machida is just no match for him...well. If you thought the latter, you are correct. Anderson Silva unleashes the motha F###IN FURY and KO's Machida.

So there you have it. Machida is no match for Saga...I mean Anderson Silva.

SILVA VIA 5TH ROUND KO (Sagat Uppercut)

PS. Yes I'm bored. I'm off of school and its the weekend.

It's almost impossible to call when you think about it.... Machida has the exact tools to defeat Anderson Silva. Anderson has great standup, and Machida is a master at countering and dodging hits, and Machida's ground game is close to Andersons.

I can't really choose a winner, because they both also have chins to go with their KO power.

Anderson Silva vs Machida = Most boring fight ever.

To coward counter strikers.

You dont know how bad i wanted you to have a GSP pic as your avatar id of went off lol.

But yea compared to Liddell their striking style does seem a tad cowardly, but overall more effective at this point in time

You dont know how bad i wanted you to have a GSP pic as your avatar id of went off lol.

But yea compared to Liddell their striking style does seem a tad cowardly' date=' but overall more effective at this point in time[/quote']

How is it cowardly?

They use an effective set of skills to beat their opponent better than their opponent beats them.

They would be less cowardly if they went in and "Banged" like Kimbo?

Just because they do not charge in like idiots does not mean they are cowards.

I would say a coward is someone to scared to get in and test their own abilities in a ring or cage.

It's almost impossible to call when you think about it.... Machida has the exact tools to defeat Anderson Silva. Anderson has great standup' date=' and Machida is a master at countering and dodging hits, and Machida's ground game is close to Andersons.

I can't really choose a winner, because they both also have chins to go with their KO power.[/quote']

Machida has to beat Shogun first lol.

I think Machida would be the one to push the pace..since Anderson was scared to push the pace against Maia..

He wasn't scared... Good lord, how long have you been watching MMA??? Since the Anderson vs. Maia fight itself? Geez, man.

How is it cowardly?

They use an effective set of skills to beat their opponent better than their opponent beats them.

I would say a coward is someone to scared to get in and test their own abilities in a ring or cage.

Not saying i have a problem with their striking but lets be real theyre arnt the most aggresive strikers.

Not saying i have a problem with their striking but lets be real theyre arnt the most aggresive strikers.

Agressive no, intelligent in how they strike yes.

Silvas movement and timing is second to none and there is a reason Machida is the least hit person in the UFC and did not lose a round in the UFC until his last fight.

People can get scared in a fight no doubt, I think it happened to Sanchez during penns opening barrage, but none of those fighters are cowards. If anyone has the balls to step into a closed cage or ring to give and take with someone in a fight, they are not cowards.

Agressive no' date=' intelligent in how they strike yes.

Silvas movement and timing is second to none and there is a reason Machida is the least hit person in the UFC and did not lose a round in the UFC until his last fight.

People can get scared in a fight no doubt, I think it happened to Sanchez during penns opening barrage, but none of those fighters are cowards. If anyone has the balls to step into a closed cage or ring to give and take with someone in a fight, they are not cowards.[/quote']

I agree with you but no matter how a much a counterpuncher does he will never fill the void that guys like Wandi and Liddell put in the game(the void being the run out and start throwing).

How is it cowardly?

It's cowardly beacuase they refuse to do anything unless someone else does. IMO thats cowardly aproach Im going to do nothing unless you try and do something.

Imagine if every fighter fought like a coward it would be boring crap fights over and over.

So have none of you ever even heard of the martial arts and what practically every style in martial arts is based on? SELF DEFENSE and counterstrikes. All the Kung Fu, Karate, Jiu Jitsu, TKD, and Judo techniques and skills are based on using your opponents aggression against them. It is the very basic principle that pretty much every stylized form of hand to hand combat is based on. Many were designed as self defense for unarmed peasants to defend themselves against armed bandits and soldiers.

In every sense of the word Machida and Silva's fighting styles are the very epitome of martial arts. Defeat your opponent while both doing and taking the least ammount of damage.

So it all started in networking class. I was bored out of my mind' date=' I decided to play a game. This game would be called "Street Fighter". As we all know, Ryu is the equivalent of Machida, and Sagat is the equivalent of Anderson. I chose my character, Ryu.

The first round of the five round fight started off slow. Anderson was feeling his opponent out as is custom to all his fights. Myself, playing as Ryu, go for an Uppercut (for some odd reason everytime I threw an uppercut Machida said "RYUKEN!"). I connect flush on Silva's jaw. Silva gets right back up, throws a headkick, but Machida blocks it. Machida continues throwing uppercuts and weak left and right jabs, but ends up winning round one.

Round two begins. Anderson, starts to let go a little bit more. I start off with 4 spinning back kicks in a row and connect all of them, then I add the uppercut combo. Anderson falls to the ground but immediately gets up and throws a monstrous uppercut, knocking me down. Anderson then throws another muay thai head kick and a straight right cross, both connecting flush. I throw another spinning back kick combo again with the uppercut and end up winning round 2.

Round three beings. Anderson is settled in this time, not playing around anymore. He starts throwing these wild combos of head kicks, straight jabs, and uppercuts. I get in a few hits but this time he obliterates me, Anderson wins round 3.

Round 4. It's on now, as I just got utterly destroyed. I now start using the Machida strategy, which would be punch, run, kick, run, etc. It's effective halfway through the round. Anderson then comes charging at me like an angry Brock Lesnar and kicks me in the head, then the leg, and then a wild uppercut. He keeps uppercutting me, until he takes round 4.

Round 5. Showtime. This is my final shot. Will Machida shock the world and defeat Anderson Silva? Or will Silva show the world that Machida is just no match for him...well. If you thought the latter, you are correct. Anderson Silva unleashes the motha F###IN FURY and KO's Machida.

So there you have it. Machida is no match for Saga...I mean Anderson Silva.

SILVA VIA 5TH ROUND KO (Sagat Uppercut)

PS. Yes I'm bored. I'm off of school and its the weekend.[/quote']

nice post, i needed a little break..........when silva came charging at you in round 4, like brock, who was his equivalent?......from the street fighter family.....

So have none of you ever even heard of the martial arts and what practically every style in martial arts is based on? SELF DEFENSE and counterstrikes. All the Kung Fu' date=' Karate, Jiu Jitsu, TKD, and Judo techniques and skills are based on using your opponents aggression against them. It is the very basic principle that pretty much every stylized form of hand to hand combat is based on. Many were designed as self defense for unarmed peasants to defend themselves against armed bandits and soldiers.

In every sense of the word Machida and Silva's fighting styles are the very epitome of martial arts. Defeat your opponent while both doing and taking the least ammount of damage.[/quote']

oh! hey! you forgot dancing and playing air guitar, thats Anderson Silva's fighting style... the epitome of Martial Arts... damn, if I'd known that I never would've trained in the first place...

It's cowardly beacuase they refuse to do anything unless someone else does. IMO thats cowardly aproach Im going to do nothing unless you try and do something.

Imagine if every fighter fought like a coward it would be boring crap fights over and over.

Like I said, feel free to go show them how a real man does it. But I am sure you will come up with some excuse about them being fighters and you not.

The thing is, they are not cowardly, they have enough balls to get in and prove it. Counter striking is just as effective as an aggressive striker. Just because it is a smart way of fighting, does not mean it makes them cowards.

You go and enjoy your Kimbo youtube videos and I will enjoy the MMA fighters.

oh! hey! you forgot dancing and playing air guitar' date=' thats Anderson Silva's fighting style... the epitome of Martial Arts... damn, if I'd known that I never would've trained in the first place...[/quote']

The dancing was capoeira, and the air guitar was win chung, I guess it it his fault nobody could see what he was doing, but even through all that, can you deny for a second he proved he was the superior fighter?

And if you have trained, then ask any master, how honorable would it have been to further damage Maia and knock him out just to appease the blood thirsty, after proving defintively that he was the superior. Maybe down at the Kobra Kai in the strip mall they will tell you he should have knocked him out, but it would not sit well with any traditional type martial arts master.

The dancing was capoeira' date=' and the air guitar was win chung, I guess it it his fault nobody could see what he was doing, but even through all that, can you deny for a second he proved he was the superior fighter?

And if you have trained, then ask any master, how honorable would it have been to further damage Maia and knock him out just to appease the blood thirsty, after proving defintively that he was the superior. Maybe down at the Kobra Kai in the strip mall they will tell you he should have knocked him out, but it would not sit well with any traditional type martial arts master.[/quote']

He should've knocked him out Death before dishonor, ever heard of it, If I was maia I would've rather Silva actually beat me instead of hitting me twice and dancing the entire time, its called taunting, and its disrespectful. When I was training if you had done that you would've got smacked for it, probably more than once, silva was being a complete asschab. Its more respectful to defeat somebody then to just leave them in the middle of the ring, while you dance around them, I don't know who told you otherwise, but its disrespectful in every sense of the word.

Wow people are idiots on these forums.Meat Head Factor.They wear the belt for nothing I guess.This isn't a street fighting corporation.This is martial arts.You know MMA mixed martial arts?Not let's run in and swing like an idiot and see who knocks out who.Like get real.I guess it's expected to have these variety of non intellect personalities when it comes to martial arts...shakes head*

Like I said' date=' feel free to go show them how a real man does it. But I am sure you will come up with some excuse about them being fighters and you not.

The thing is, they are not cowardly, they have enough balls to get in and prove it. Counter striking is just as effective as an aggressive striker. Just because it is a smart way of fighting, does not mean it makes them cowards.

[b']You go and enjoy your Kimbo youtube videos and I will enjoy the MMA fighters[/b].

Well thats just a stupid thing to say. At what point did I say I don't like MMA?

I said I dont like counter fighters who refuse to anything unless their opponent does something.

I dont have problem with Fitch or GSP like most people on this forum because they push the pace they dominate they control the fights. I also enjoy technical BJJ matches.

I do have a problem with counter fighters and some people say thats what their martial art is about. We'll it's not self defence against a thug it's an actual fight with to "willing" competitors.

Well thats just a stupid thing to say. At what point did I say I don't like MMA?

I said I dont like counter fighters who refuse to anything unless their opponent does something.

I dont have problem with Fitch or GSP like most people on this forum because they push the pace they dominate they control the fights. I also enjoy technical BJJ matches.

I do have a problem with counter fighters and some people say thats what their martial art is about. We'll it's not self defence against a thug it's an actual fight with to "willing" competitors.

Finally someone who respects the sport...

And what I mean by that exactly is this: Anyone who respects or attempts to justify what anderson silva did as respectful or otherwise a good form of sportsmanship, traditional martial arts or otherwise, is not a fan of MMA they are a Silva ****, if any other fighter had done it it would be considered boring or outlandish... But people are so blinded of Silva's so-called talent, that they change the rules just for him. Talented fighters finish fights, push the action, have crowds chant their name and leave positive marks on the sport Silva did the exact opposite of all of that. He made a mockery of the sport and of his opponent and that is not the prerequisite of a champion, nor a world class fighter.

Finally someone who respects the sport...

And what I mean by that exactly is this: Anyone who respects or attempts to justify what anderson silva did as respectful or otherwise a good form of sportsmanship' date=' traditional martial arts or otherwise, is not a fan of MMA they are a Silva ****, if any other fighter had done it it would be considered boring or outlandish... But people are so blinded of Silva's so-called talent, that they change the rules just for him. Talented fighters finish fights, push the action, have crowds chant their name and leave positive marks on the sport Silva did the exact opposite of all of that. He made a mockery of the sport and of his opponent and that is not the prerequisite of a champion, nor a world class fighter.[/quote']

I personally don't agree with his actions.They were disrespectful.I do not blame anderson silva.I blame the ufc.It's understandable that Mr.Anderson is kind of bored of the opponents they give him.He is really in all honesty too talented at this point.The ufc needs to listen to the fans on who to throw at him,but that isn't fair for the fighters that are trying to be a contender.I just think they should let the fans decide once in a blue moon.Who he faces.Just cause of his actions you don't like him?I'm not a Silva ****,but I admire his skillset.If it wasn't for anderson or machida.I think everyone would complain everyone is wrestling too much.Or on the ground humping each other.So no one will ever be happy.It's the way most people are.People get bored too easy.Doesn't mean anderson or machidas style is boring.It is just to you.Cause you need to be at the edge of your seat.They don't give 25 minutes to people to swing and knock each other out.They give it to them to see how the outcome is.Sure if Anderson silva does this again.I say punish him.I just say can you blame him for goofing around?He's on the top.Maybe it's getting to his head.Who knows.

I personally don't agree with his actions.They were disrespectful.I do not blame anderson silva.I blame the ufc.It's understandable that Mr.Anderson is kind of bored of the opponents they give him.He is really in all honesty too talented at this point.The ufc needs to listen to the fans on who to throw at him' date='but that isn't fair for the fighters that are trying to be a contender.I just think they should let the fans decide once in a blue moon.Who he faces.Just cause of his actions you don't like him?I'm not a Silva ****,but I admire his skillset.If it wasn't for anderson or machida.I think everyone would complain everyone is wrestling too much.Or on the ground humping each other.So no one will ever be happy.It's the way most people are.People get bored too easy.Doesn't mean anderson or machidas style is boring.It is just to you.Cause you need to be at the edge of your seat.They don't give 25 minutes to people to swing and knock each other out.They give it to them to see how the outcome is.Sure if Anderson silva does this again.I say punish him.I just say can you blame him for goofing around?He's on the top.Maybe it's getting to his head.Who knows.[/quote']

I never said machida was boring. Liddel is the most popular counter puncher in MMA history and he never had a really boring fight... Counter punching is different than running away, and that is all I've seen Silva do in his last two or three outings, he yells at his opponent to press forward and then backs away? Thats not counter punching that is called running away. You can't go into a fight and plan on doing nothing but counter punching, good fighters know that, Silva went into that fight with no alternative plans, he had only one and it didn't work, a good fighter wouldn't wait five rounds to do something productive they would pressure the fight, but no... Silva is scared, he is scared he is going to get knocked out, there is no other reason he doesn't press forward. no other reason.

I can't see anderson silva being afraid to get knocked out by maia.I think he was toying with him.It's like you've only seen this fight with maia.His other fights.I don't see him running away.I seen him with maia running away goofing around.If you can tell me he was seriously trying in that fight.I don't know what to say.maybe the last two rounds he was trying or w/e.The first 2 or 3.He looked like he was fooling around to entertain himself.Based on maias fight.His other fights.Are really entertaining.He demolished rich franklin which I like a lot.He doesn't counter like machida does.He's a little more aggressive I find anyway.If these guys weren't friends.It would be an amazing match up.

I can't see anderson silva being afraid to get knocked out by maia.I think he was toying with him.It's like you've only seen this fight with maia.His other fights.I don't see him running away.I seen him with maia running away goofing around.If you can tell me he was seriously trying in that fight.I don't know what to say.maybe the last two rounds he was trying or w/e.The first 2 or 3.He looked like he was fooling around to entertain himself.Based on maias fight.His other fights.Are really entertaining.He demolished rich franklin which I like a lot.He doesn't counter like machida does.He's a little more aggressive I find anyway.If these guys weren't friends.It would be an amazing match up.

It would be interesting but I don't think it would be exciting, I am a huge Machida fan, but he doesn't finish fights. And I see a fight between Machida and Silva either going to decision or being a one punch, kick or knee fight.

nice post' date=' i needed a little break..........when silva came charging at you in round 4, like brock, who was his equivalent?......from the street fighter family.....[u'] [/u]

Thanks man, nice to see someone enjoyed it. Look at all the chaos I have created. On a much more serious note, Brock's equivalent is Zangief. Ridiculously large, ripped muscles, hits hard, and a wrestler lol.

Thanks man' date=' nice to see someone enjoyed it. Look at all the chaos I have created. On a much more serious note, Brock's equivalent is Zangief. Ridiculously large, ripped muscles, hits hard, and a wrestler lol.[/quote']

And has something growing on his chest lol hahaha...

Archived