why do wrestlers do this?

Meekie01

what is it with these wrestlers bigging themselves up, claiming there mixed martial artists and theyre gonna go in there and strike and tellin us how theyre not afraid to go toe to toe, then, when it comes down to back up what theyve been saying they tuck there balls between there legs and go and lie on the other guy... the latest to do this is kos, although he hasnt yet done it, in an interview on mmatorch.com he "gaurantees" hes going to wrestle he also says hes gonna finish daley in the first round via rear naked choke but then contra****s himself by saying hes got 50 takedowns ready for the 15 miniutes... i have nothing against the wrestling aspect of the sport (except LnP) but i just wish these guys would stop lying (its bad enough we have to listen to danas lies to sell a fight/card/tv show) if your scared of standing then just admit your scared of standing or even better dont say nothing at all but dont spend 2 months using twitter,internet,interviews and telling anyone who will listen that your not scared to stand with this guy, how youve got better stand up than him and how your a complete mmartist who just might go toe to toe to prove a point and then.... wrestle

it just shows the world what a punk you are...

also have you noticed how its only the wrestlers that say this and then come out and wrestle? you never hear a striker or a bjj guy say that theyre gonna wrestle and then come out and strike etc... and it always seems to be the wrestlers that feel the need to advertise that they are a "real mixed martial artist" and that they are gonna show their opponent what a "real mixed martial artist is", then they come out and...wrestle!

so' date=' you'd come into a fight telling your exact game plan? not something i'd do. besides that, if you plan to strike, get hurt in the stand up, and have the option to take someone down, guess what? you do it, no matter how much it "makes them look like a punk".[/quote']

i wouldnt tell them my game plan but i also wouldnt big myself up talkin a load of s*** that i couldnt back up then come in and look like a little **... if you havnt got the minerals stand thats fine it is mma after all and not all about the striking, but what l im saying is dont walk around like your jonny dangerous when your not!!!

Well first off you sound like a Brit complaining about what the American is going to do to one of your last semi-contenders. This thread isn't about wrestlers because everything you say is pinpointing Kos, so don't try to cover it up with some extra BS ranting. You seem to forget Kos has been known to KO a few people as of lately. He stood with Anthony Johnson who was suppose to be the biggest baddest striker in welterweight class, then proceeded to take him down and choke him out. I wasn't much of a Kos fan early on, but as of lately, he's definately proved himself as a mix martial artist. Basically what I'm trying to get at is....QUIT WHINING

Wrestlers are the most dominant in the ufc.. just becuase you cant bend someone to your will doesnt mean you have to get mad at them... this is a business and youll say anything or do anything to get the edge... look at the title holders 3 outta the use wrestling as their base.. even though i hate brock, i.e. cain velasquez will be the new champ and he strikes all the time check his last fight he dropped norgeuira and his iron chin in 2 mins along wit some leg kicks.. Wrestlers are too athletic too stubborn learn too quickly and have too much stamina.. and are damn strong

what is it with these wrestlers bigging themselves up' date=' claiming there mixed martial artists and theyre gonna go in there and strike and tellin us how theyre not afraid to go toe to toe, then, when it comes down to back up what theyve been saying they tuck there balls between there legs and go and lie on the other guy... the latest to do this is kos, although he hasnt yet done it, in an interview on mmatorch.com he "gaurantees" hes going to wrestle he also says hes gonna finish daley in the first round via rear naked choke but then contra****s himself by saying hes got 50 takedowns ready for the 15 miniutes... i have nothing against the wrestling aspect of the sport (except LnP) but i just wish these guys would stop lying (its bad enough we have to listen to danas lies to sell a fight/card/tv show) if your scared of standing then just admit your scared of standing or even better dont say nothing at all but dont spend 2 months using twitter,internet,interviews and telling anyone who will listen that your not scared to stand with this guy, how youve got better stand up than him and how your a complete mmartist who just might go toe to toe to prove a point and then.... wrestle

also have you noticed how its only the wrestlers that say this and then come out and wrestle? you never hear a striker or a bjj guy say that theyre gonna wrestle and then come out and strike etc... and it always seems to be the wrestlers that feel the need to advertise that they are a "real mixed martial artist" and that they are gonna show their opponent what a "real mixed martial artist is", then they come out and...wrestle![/quote']

Kos has enough recent ko's to back his claim.

what is it with these wrestlers bigging themselves up' date=' claiming there mixed martial artists and theyre gonna go in there and strike and tellin us how theyre not afraid to go toe to toe, then, when it comes down to back up what theyve been saying they tuck there balls between there legs and go and lie on the other guy... the latest to do this is kos, although he hasnt yet done it, in an interview on mmatorch.com he "gaurantees" hes going to wrestle he also says hes gonna finish daley in the first round via rear naked choke but then contra****s himself by saying hes got 50 takedowns ready for the 15 miniutes... i have nothing against the wrestling aspect of the sport (except LnP) but i just wish these guys would stop lying (its bad enough we have to listen to danas lies to sell a fight/card/tv show) if your scared of standing then just admit your scared of standing or even better dont say nothing at all but dont spend 2 months using twitter,internet,interviews and telling anyone who will listen that your not scared to stand with this guy, how youve got better stand up than him and how your a complete mmartist who just might go toe to toe to prove a point and then.... wrestle

also have you noticed how its only the wrestlers that say this and then come out and wrestle? you never hear a striker or a bjj guy say that theyre gonna wrestle and then come out and strike etc... and it always seems to be the wrestlers that feel the need to advertise that they are a "real mixed martial artist" and that they are gonna show their opponent what a "real mixed martial artist is", then they come out and...wrestle![/quote']

This whine **** s*** just shows the world what punk YOU are.

Kos has won 16 fights in his career. Five by decision, five by KO/TKO, and 6 by submission (one being due to strikes). I'd say that's pretty mixed, but hey you'd have to actually watch him fight to understand I guess. It's much easier just to assume because he is a wrestler that he can do nothing else.

i wouldnt tell them my game plan but i also wouldnt big myself up talkin a load of s*** that i couldnt back up then come in and look like a little **... if you havnt got the minerals stand thats fine it is mma after all and not all about the striking' date=' but what l im saying is dont walk around like your jonny dangerous when your not!!![/quote']

Enough with the " your a **** if you dont strike " crap. Id rather get ko'd then have my arm broken or ligaments ripped apart. There are many ways to fight in mma, and many things can happen when the doors shut. Nobody cares what you say you would do. Fact is its a fight and fighters hype the fight for personal gain. Its part of the sport get over it.

i just think that wrestING is a good way to avoid to the combat in the sport...as for KOS...well dont like him but atleast he's pretty good on his feet and i like that, pretty good with his BJJ and i like that too. I dont think KOS is scared to stand...dumb or not against daley...we've all seen KOS is as willing to get KO'd as the next man

i wouldnt tell them my game plan but i also wouldnt big myself up talkin a load of s*** that i couldnt back up then come in and look like a little **... if you havnt got the minerals stand thats fine it is mma after all and not all about the striking' date=' but what l im saying is dont walk around like your jonny dangerous when your not!!![/quote']

It's ALL to hype the fight and increase their PPV buys/paycheck.

Please calm down

heys guys!!! this guy thinks shane carwin' date=' cain velasquez, chuck liddel, matt hughes, frankie edgar, sean sherk etc. cant strike... can someone ban him now?[/quote']

Well, in all fairness, Sherk and his stubby lil' arms and garbage accuracy CAN'T strike...anyone who actually states that any of those other guys can't is essentially asking to be made fun of though....

but isnt it true that there are no submissions in wrestling? no striking in wrestling? i'm actually serious' date=' never done it myself and not sure what 'wrestling' actually contains.[/quote']

For the most part the only wresling going on in MMA is the takedown,once it hits the mat it goes to BJJ or GNP.

Replying to OP...

Its not that wrestlers are lying or being a wuss. Its just that when there is an opening for a take down while 2 people are striking you have to take it! It would be plain and simple if there was an open take down and you didnt go for it.

Think about if some dropped there hands and you have an open shot on a guys jaw. You rock their a$$ with a right (or left if youre a lefty).

If someone comes forward standing up straight and swings a big hook that you duck under why in the world wouldnt you take them down??

Its like being on a fast break in basketball and not taking the open lay up or dunk.

It's true though often when wrestlers go against strikers they say the striker isn't a MMA fighter and he is just becuase the wrestler has better ground game. Well guess what the striker has better stand up. Meaning either the striker is just a striker and the wrestler is just a wrestler. Or they are both MMA fighters. After all both the striker and wrestler will no a little bit of everything. The only complete MMA fighter is someone who is the best at every aspect according to this theory.

Archived