"I think he fights like an idiot"

tagas

henderson recently said that about a. silva.....hendo also said he is a different fighter since his bout with him ,even criticizing his three title defenses after his.....why did he not approach dana about a rematch before he left ufc. or did he? and i didn't here about it.

now would he pose a threat if he had his rematch? i think he would do better then sonnen would but who knows....

anyways, insults coming from an accomplished fighter that is not usually the one to talk badly about others, do you guys think it has something with his relationship with sonnen? is he trying to play mind games with silva and throw his focus off?

henderson recently said that about a. silva.....hendo also said he is a different fighter since his bout with him ' date='even criticizing his three title defenses after his.....why did he not approach dana about a rematch before he left ufc. or did he? and i didn't here about it.

now would he pose a threat if he had his rematch? i think he would do better then sonnen would but who knows....

anyways, insults coming from an accomplished fighter that is not usually the one to talk badly about others, do you guys think it has something with his relationship with sonnen? is he trying to play mind games with silva and throw his focus off?[/quote']

hendo asked for a rematch silva ducked him ... he also said that he wishes silva would pull that **** with him

hendo asked for a rematch silva ducked him ... he also said that he wishes silva would pull that **** with him

really? he ducked hendo.......silva knows not to try silly antics with him. maia was the sacrifice even tho i like maia...he was just way out of his league.

i think silva has alot of pressure on him to preform a whole lot better from now on, even his manager says he's not going to repeat those kinds of performances.

i want a more dedicated silva to reemerge and really try his best in all his fights......but he has been acting weird as of late.

silva vs hendo2....will it ever happen?

henderson recently said that about a. silva.....hendo also said he is a different fighter since his bout with him ' date='even criticizing his three title defenses after his.....why did he not approach dana about a rematch before he left ufc. or did he? and i didn't here about it.

anyways, insults coming from an accomplished fighter that is not usually the one to talk badly about others, do you guys think it has something with his relationship with sonnen? is he trying to play mind games with silva and throw his focus off?[/quote']

Buddy the reason he left Ufc is because Dana wasint given him the fight vs silva

gonna take more than trash talking to throw his mind off track

i would agree but silva's actions at 112 proved that he can be effected....his reason for his actions was at the post fight interview, was he felt disrespected as a martial artist....and we seen how he fought after maia said a few things that he didn't like.

is this speculations or was it recorded some where. link if you got it....

it was both a money issue and not getting his rematch

?Honestly, even if they had given the Silva fight to Nate Marquardt I would have been OK with that, because he?s pretty much in the same boat as I am,? Henderson said in an interview. ?But to give it to Vitor Belfort, a guy who hadn?t fought at that weight? And a guy I?d beaten??

?I felt like there could have been a lot more respect for what I?d done,? he said. ?I just felt like they didn?t really care one way or the other whether I was there. I felt like they could have taken care of me a little better, but I have no hard feelings.?

http://www.oddjack.com/2010/why-dan-henderson-left-the-ufc-to-sign-with-strikeforce-01-23.php

it was both a money issue and not getting his rematch

?Honestly' date=' even if they had given the Silva fight to Nate Marquardt I would have been OK with that, because he?s pretty much in the same boat as I am,? Henderson said in an interview. ?But to give it to Vitor Belfort, a guy who hadn?t fought at that weight? And a guy I?d beaten??

?I felt like there could have been a lot more respect for what I?d done,? he said. ?I just felt like they didn?t really care one way or the other whether I was there. I felt like they could have taken care of me a little better, but I have no hard feelings.?

http://www.oddjack.com/2010/why-dan-henderson-left-the-ufc-to-sign-with-strikeforce-01-23.php[/quote']

thanks, and i agree with him being angry with that, i would of hoped he would of spent the rest of his career with the ufc....cause realty, i don't watch much more of anything else in mma anymore.

I thought it was money issues. Actually im almost sure it was

^this - he left because he wanted more money.... he thought he was a huge deal and ufc thought he wasnt.... thats that.... he was a being a prima donna... his first two fightswith the ufc were loses to champs.. he wasnt champ. his marketing value wasnt as high as he wanted it to be...

i would agree but silva's actions at 112 proved that he can be effected....his reason for his actions was at the post fight interview' date=' was he felt disrespected as a martial artist....and we seen how he fought after maia said a few things that he didn't like.[/quote']

Hopefully Sonnen will trash talk and play every mind game in the book with Anderson Silva.....because that crap....he said about maia Disrespecting him is nothing more then a Cop out and has no Substance at all.....hes just not smart enough to think up a better excuse.....and he hides behined Ed Soares with that SPEAK NO ENGLISH CRAP>!

I would not call Silva not wanting a rematch vs Hendo ducking, He wanted to fight all the best fighters he can before his career is over, Hendo wanted a rematch so quickly, If it was a decision loss, I would say he deserves it, But a rematch 2 fights later? Hendo needed to clean the division out a little bit before he deserved another shot.

People need to learn the differance between ducking and a non deserved rematch.....

hendo asked for a rematch and keeps claiming Silva ducked him just like his fanbase keeps saying it. Even the fact he didn't make it through the 2nd round and that Silva has improved drasticaly since then doesn't seem to challenge their faith.

I mean... Hendo had a SPLIT decision over Franklin then Ko'd Bisping... WOW! Talk to me about something worth granting a rematch. No he did ask but what's the point.

While Silva's obviously trying to challenge himself in other weight classes and doesn,t wanna have to lose all the weight he puts on when it's not worth it, he keeps being recalled for fights against tomato cans OR against people he's already defeated. I think in that circumstance it's very unfair to say he's ducking. I mean ok guys everyone wants a second chance but prove you dominate the division before you ask for it again. They're all crazy about having a rematch it's like they think "ok I lost.. just have to win 3 fights then I'm back". It's so obvious that Hendo shoulda fought someone else after Bisping before asking for a 2nd shot. Bisping means nothing.

hendo asked for a rematch and keeps claiming Silva ducked him just like his fanbase keeps saying it. Even the fact he didn't make it through the 2nd round and that Silva has improved drasticaly since then doesn't seem to challenge their faith.

I mean... Hendo had a SPLIT decision over Franklin then Ko'd Bisping... WOW! Talk to me about something worth granting a rematch. No he did ask but what's the point.

While Silva's obviously trying to challenge himself in other weight classes and doesn' date='t wanna have to lose all the weight he puts on when it's not worth it, he keeps being recalled for fights against tomato cans OR against people he's already defeated. I think in that circumstance it's very unfair to say he's ducking. I mean ok guys everyone wants a second chance but prove you dominate the division before you ask for it again. They're all crazy about having a rematch it's like they think "ok I lost.. just have to win 3 fights then I'm back". It's so obvious that Hendo shoulda fought someone else after Bisping before asking for a 2nd shot. Bisping means nothing.[/quote']

first , i am not a hendo fan i just call it like i see it , so you and Bokchoy claim that hendo didn't deserve a rematch may i remind you that anderson silva got his title shot after he beat Leben ??!! that's not deserving of a title fight IMO , and hendo won round 1 against silva then in round 2 he didn't follow his game plane came out and wanted to stand with silva he got rocked standing then attempted a lazy takedown which silva stopped and got on top and was able to submit him

first ' date=' i am not a hendo fan i just call it like i see it , so you and Bokchoy claim that hendo didn't deserve a rematch may i remind you that anderson silva got his title shot after he beat Leben ??!! that's not deserving of a title fight IMO , and hendo won round 1 against silva then in round 2 he didn't follow his game plane came out and wanted to stand with silva he got rocked standing then attempted a lazy takedown which silva stopped and got on top and was able to submit him[/quote']

Apparently a split decision against Franklin and a win against Bisping = title shot.

first ' date=' i am not a hendo fan i just call it like i see it , so you and Bokchoy claim that hendo didn't deserve a rematch may i remind you that anderson silva got his title shot after he beat Leben ??!! that's not deserving of a title fight IMO , and hendo won round 1 against silva then in round 2 he didn't follow his game plane came out and wanted to stand with silva he got rocked standing then attempted a lazy takedown which silva stopped and got on top and was able to submit him[/quote']

Regardless of what happened in round 1 in round 2 Anderson demolished Hendo. I'm a huge Hendo fan as his gym is down the street from my house. But Anderson was not ducking him. Anderson said he didn't deserve a shot yet but that he should fight Nate first. With how the timing worked if Henderson had stayed Nate would have lost to him instead of Sonnen and Henderson would have fought Anderson instead of Maia. Henderson bailed because Dana didn't want to pay him what he deserved. And Henderson wasn't asking for anything more than what they paid that monkey retard Tito Ortiz. In the end Dana is to blame for the current situation in more ways than one.

Apparently a split decision against Franklin and a win against Bisping = title shot.

well is a win over leben = title shot ? , is a win over herring = title shot ? ... the UFC doesn't care who you beat the get a title shot but i think hendo deserved one cause he was the closes to beating silva

first , i am not a hendo fan i just call it like i see it , so you and Bokchoy claim that hendo didn't deserve a rematch may i remind you that anderson silva got his title shot after he beat Leben ??!! that's not deserving of a title fight IMO , and hendo won round 1 against silva then in round 2 he didn't follow his game plane came out and wanted to stand with silva he got rocked standing then attempted a lazy takedown which silva stopped and got on top and was able to submit him

huh what kind of argument is that... he forgot his game plan and got owned on the feet.. ok.. then went for a lazy takedown.. ok. man that deserves a rematch.. I mean ok come on.. the man FORGOT his gameplan.. give him another chance! If he forgot his gameplan and fought stupidly, then sry, that means he isn't good enough a fighter.. You can't just go like "I can beat the champ when I fight smart.. unfortunately when they gave me the chance, I fought stupid.. but I deserve another chance". A fight means months of hard training and dedication for both fighters. I don't see why Silva has to go through this all over again and stick with the same opponent just because that opponent was too dumb to fight properly when he had his chance.

Oh and btw. Silva got his title shot after beating a rising star at the moment and he was already crowned champ in 3 other combat organisations before that. When he came into the UFC he was already MMA royalty. Dan Henderson had his chance at the belt, and Silva beat him. Hendo had a quick shot also u know. And if I rely on the wiki, he actually had his shot... coming from a LOSS???? ok nvm. I'm done with it...

well is a win over leben = title shot ? , is a win over herring = title shot ? ... the UFC doesn't care who you beat the get a title shot but i think hendo deserved one cause he was the closes to beating silva

The closest but still not even close from doing it. Since when a 2nd round submission deserves a rematch.. taht really sounds like a good question to me.... And I guess that's exactly why Silva wanted to move up to LHW since the best they had at MW couldn't even make it through the 2nd round..... no?

huh what kind of argument is that... he forgot his game plan and got owned on the feet.. ok.. then went for a lazy takedown.. ok. man that deserves a rematch.. I mean ok come on.. the man FORGOT his gameplan.. give him another chance! If he forgot his gameplan and fought stupidly' date=' then sry, that means he isn't good enough a fighter.. You can't just go like "I can beat the champ when I fight smart.. unfortunately when they gave me the chance, I fought stupid.. but I deserve another chance". A fight means months of hard training and dedication for both fighters. I don't see why Silva has to go through this all over again and stick with the same opponent just because that opponent was too dumb to fight properly when he had his chance.[/quote']

he shouldn't have gotten a rematch because he forgot ( which means here he didn't follow , that's why i edited it) hes game plan but because he was

1 . the closes to beating him

2. If lesnar / silva deserved a title shot in the first place then hendo sure as hell deserved a rematch

The closest but still not even close from doing it. Since when a 2nd round submission deserves a rematch.. taht really sounds like a good question to me.... And I guess that's exactly why Silva wanted to move up to LHW since the best they had at MW couldn't even make it through the 2nd round..... no?

no but Thales Leites , demian maia ( and i 100 % guaranty that the cote fight would have gone 5 rounds if he haven't hurt his leg) can make it 5 rounds with silva ....

well is a win over leben = title shot ? ' date=' is a win over herring = title shot ? ... the UFC doesn't care who you beat the get a title shot but i think hendo deserved one cause he was the closes to beating silva[/quote']

The UFC definitely looks at previous fights/opponents, although they most likely consider other things as well (ie timing, marketability, how impressive the wins were, etc). Just because some fighters in the past got lucky doesn't mean Henderson deserved a fast-track to a rematch imo. If he really wanted the rematch he would've fought Nate or someone else to prove that he deserved one. It's too bad the UFC didn't keep him on.

he shouldn't have gotten a rematch because he forgot ( which means here he didn't follow ' date=' that's why i edited it) hes game plan but because he was

1 . the closes to beating him

2. If lesnar / silva deserved a title shot in the first place then hendo sure as hell deserved a rematch[/quote']

Why? Lesnar and Silva won their fights before the title fight and won the title fight itself. Hendo on the other hand, came into the UFC with a shot at the LHW title and even though he failed was given a shot at the MW title right after...which he also failed at. Yes he had climbed back up with 3 strait victories, but so had Nate...and Nate had actually improved since his first fight with Anderson unlike Hendo who still looked the same. Nate didn't leave the company over it though.

I honestly think if the ufc and Anderson Silva had agreed on a rematch with Dan, it would have been a similar fight but with a very different ending with Hendo's hand raised at the end. I had Dan winning the fight prior to his predicament.

Regarding Sonnen, call me a bangonwagoner if you will, but when fight night comes and Sonnen pours it on, the only way I see Silva winning this fight is by submission. I would like Sonnen to train more on defending JJ. I hope his camp does not focus on any stand up at all and utilizes all the training on wrestling and defending JJ.

Believe me folks, Sonnen has the perfect style to overthrow AS. I said this a long time ago that the fighter to beat AS is a great wrestler and as of now, it seems that fighter is none other than Chael Sonnen.

it's not how many people you fight. It's who you fight and how you beat them that creates opportunities for the title shot. You get a shot when it is reasonnable to believe that you could be better than the champ. See what I wrote. "could be better" not "could beat".

I mean just see it that way. If tomorrow there's a new fighter I never heard of before that enters the UFC and fights Cain Velasquez as his first fight because he's known in other organisation so he gets a decent fight... So lets say this happens and the guy gets in the octagon, makes Cain look like a fool by rushing on him, dodging through his punches and KO's him with a single liver shot. Well man, I wanna see this guy get the next title shot. The way Silva put Leben to sleep was so impressive it convinced many people that he deserved that shot. And as it's been said before, it was a vote by the fans that made it happen.

And I mean come on. As it's just been stated look at it. Henderson entered the UFC and had a direct title shot.. DIRECT. in the LHW. not even a single fight in the UFC before that. talk about not deserving it. Then he FAILED. he right away droped to MW and got AGAIN a DIRECT title shot.. man... thats more BS than one can imagine. Then he FAILED again. Then he had 3 fights, and was asking for another shot.. So you're telling me the guy had 5 fights in the UFC, wanted a 6th fights as a title shot.. That would mean the guy woulda had 6 UFC bouts, and 3 title fights.. huh... ok.. that sounds like a bad joke. Even the 2nd title shot was a bad joke.

Why? Lesnar and Silva won their fights before the title fight and won the title fight itself. Hendo on the other hand' date=' came into the UFC with a shot at the LHW title and even though he failed was given a shot at the MW title right after...which he also failed at. Yes he had climbed back up with 3 strait victories, but so had Nate...and Nate had actually improved since his first fight with Anderson unlike Hendo who still looked the same. Nate didn't leave the company over it though.[/quote']

Hendo said if the UFC had gave the title shot the nate he wouldn't be upset he was upset cause they gave it to vitor who haven't fought in that weight division before and not to mention that vitor lost against dan

Hendo said if the UFC had gave the title shot the nate he wouldn't be upset he was upset cause they gave it to vitor who haven't fought in that weight division before and not to mention that vitor lost against dan

it's funny that Hendo was upset about Vitor not fighting in that division before when he himself got his title without fighting in that division too...

Yes, he beat Vitor...3 years ago...before he even fought Anderson. The difference is that when Vitor beat Franklin, he looked like he had improved since then unlike Hendo who like I said doesn't look like he has changed in years. I don't like how they gave the shot to Vitor either, but Hendo shouldn't complain after he was handed 2 title shots coming into the UFC and lost them both.

it's funny that Hendo was upset about Vitor not fighting in that division before when he himself got his title without fighting in that division too...

Well, Dan actually was the champion of the pride WW division, which is the same thing, but yea I see your point.

Well' date=' Dan actually was the champion of the pride WW division, which is the same thing, but yea I see your point.[/quote']

yeah well. I know he alraedy fought at that weight... but my point is more about the fact he thought they lacked respect to him and his accomplishments.. I mean there must have been a lot of fighters who were pissed that he got 2 shots in a row. 1 shot at LHW when he got there, ok I can understand it was to unify the belts he was a legitimate contender. But the fact he lost, and then got another title shot right after that at MW... I can't remember the context of the MW division at the time, but that certainly was an insult for some fighters that a guy who just entered in the UFC was granted 2 title shots without doing a single fight in the organisation, and that this 2nd shot was given after a loss to the previous one...

Archived