Dana Whites Double Standard!!!!

team_uk

Anderson silva got grief for not fighting where as UFC poster boy GSP never ever fights justs

wrestles for 5rounds and NOT a single word is said to him!!!

Thanks for making it fair! If u want to attract a bigger audience then tell GSP to grow a pair and put his belt on the line instead of making the audience TAP out in boredom

Anderson silva got grief for not fighting where as UFC poster boy GSP never ever fights justs

wrestles for 5rounds and NOT a single word to him!!!

Thanks for making it fair! If u want to attract a bigger audience then tell GSP to grow a pair and put his belt on the line instead of making the audience TAP out in boredom

GSP ALWAYS bring's the fight. He's just not an elite level finisher, it's not his talent.

Don't get me wrong, I think Dana should keep his nose out of the cage, he has NO business telling a fighter how to fight. But what he's mad at is Anderson not fighting the way he expects him to, not simply that Anderson did not finish the fight.

GSP ALWAYS bring's the fight. He's just not an elite level finisher' date=' it's not his talent.

Don't get me wrong, I think Dana should keep his nose out of the cage, he has NO business telling a fighter how to fight. But what he's mad at is Anderson not fighting the way he expects him to, not simply that Anderson did not finish the fight.[/quote']

anderson silva was winning the fight as you could see by maia's face and he probably didnt want to get caught in a submission! When GSP plays the game (playing it safe) its ok? but when AS does its a big NO NO!

anderson silva was winning the fight as you could see by maia's face and he probably didnt want to get caught in a submission! When GSP plays the game (playing it safe) its ok? but when AS does its a big NO NO!

I'll agree with that. I don't think Dana has any right to tell Anderson he has to attack or he has to finish.

Honestly though, GSP takes risks in his fights still. All the subs he tried to sink on Hardy ultimately resulted in standups. If it were John Fitch fighting he would have just thrown a few punches instead. GSP might not have been able to get the finish, but he was trying for it. If he weren't so insanely Godly in the takedowns and control jui jitsu losing a submission grip like that could have been the turning point in which the other fighter took the advantage in the fight. I've seen it happen in alot of other fights.

Regardless, back the the point. Anderson has no reason to apologize to Dana. I fully agree. Maby he should justify to the fans why he did what he did, but ultimately, he did nothing wrong.

It sounds like you don't like gsp.Gsp didn't dance around the ring for 25 minutes.Anderson Silva did.I love both fighters.You just sound a little mad at the fact he dominated your favorite fighter...why do I bother.

I dont have a fav fighter! just like to support fellow fighters from england :P

Did i think hardy was going 2 win??? no maybe a punchers chance! but some of my friends came to watch the fight and were BORED and i doubt it would ever want to watch UFC again as i hyped it up :P

I understand MMA so I can appreciate he uses his strongest discipline but what would ppl watching for the first time think?

People that aren't into ufc.Think it's just fighting.It's just knockouts,and want to see that.People that understand mma.Know there is way more to it.If people get bored of watching someone on the ground.Watch boxing maybe?The ground is where most of the fights end up it seems.It's where whoever is the smartest down there wins.GSP hasn't just laid on his opponents in his past fights.People like to make him out that way.Cause everyone loves to hate a fighter.Especially the champions for some reason.Won't change anything though.Everyone is very thick headed it seems now a days:P

People that aren't into ufc.Think it's just fighting.It's just knockouts' date='and want to see that.People that understand mma.Know there is way more to it.If people get bored of watching someone on the ground.Watch boxing maybe?The ground is where most of the fights end up it seems.It's where whoever is the smartest down there wins.GSP hasn't just laid on his opponents in his past fights.People like to make him out that way.Cause everyone loves to hate a fighter.Especially the champions for some reason.Won't change anything though.Everyone is very thick headed it seems now a days:P[/quote']

Is this a fighting sport ???

What part of laying and not doing any damage is worth enjoying??

Rashad had the same game plan against thiago!

Ppl watch MMA to see fights finished on the feet or ground! not a decision if it does go to a decision and its been a battle then its worth while! But 5 rounds of pinning a guy down and not doing any damage! GREAT :P

Thats what was happening with Boxing 12rounds of borefest :P

It's because anderson was more than capable to finish the fight in the first round but chose not to GSP did everything in his power and still couldn't finish the fight, hope this clears it up.

surley if dana white was to say to anderson i want a 1st round ko, wouldn't that be fight fixing ?

Anderson > GSP

Try to bring more fact my friend cause u only look like a hater right now .

the fight with Hardy was 20 minute on the ground and 5 minute in stand up .

What hardy did in this 5 minute standing up ? He land a leg kick .....

I don't think Dana is upset that Silva didn't finish the fight. The fact that he could have, and choose not to, might be part of it. I'd wager, its only a small part. The big thing for Dana White, as indicated by his post-fight interviews, was the showboating.

Some fighters might have a haughty flair or style in the ring. Anderson Silva was in overdrive. He made a noble sport appear ugly, giving MMA all the barbaric attributes critics have been wanting to highlight for years.

If Silva only "danced around like a ****" for 4 rounds, we'd be merely annoyed. His showboating, however, superceded all of his artistry. Dana White was embarrassed; true MMA fans should be appalled.

Is this a fighting sport ???

What part of laying and not doing any damage is worth enjoying??

Rashad had the same game plan against thiago!

Ppl watch MMA to see fights finished on the feet or ground! not a decision if it does go to a decision and its been a battle then its worth while! But 5 rounds of pinning a guy down and not doing any damage! GREAT :P

Thats what was happening with Boxing 12rounds of borefest :P

GSP didn't just lay and pray... he was constantly passing hardy's guard, improving position and going for submissions. It's not easy to finish someone on the ground when your opponent's only goal in the fight is to survive. I enjoyed watching an absolute dominant performance by GSP...

You should probably go watch another sport. I mean if that fight really bored you I would suggest kick boxing or boxing. There have been hundreds of these threads so it's very stale an you are very annoying.

you never seen more than one gsp fight have you

GSP didn't just lay and pray... he was constantly passing hardy's guard' date=' improving position and going for submissions. It's not easy to finish someone on the ground when your opponent's only goal in the fight is to survive. I enjoyed watching an absolute dominant performance by GSP...

You should probably go watch another sport. I mean if that fight really bored you I would suggest kick boxing or boxing. There have been hundreds of these threads so it's very stale an you are very annoying.[/quote']

+ 1 googleplex.

GSP didn't quit' date=' prance around the ring and make a **** of himself tho...even if GSP didn't finish Hardy, he was still making every attempt to finish the fight...[/quote']

yeah, silva could have finished maia but didnt, gsp tried hard to finish the fight, and was always active

team uk you are crazy gsp was grappling the whole time going for submission after submission dan hardy is just a tough dude who refused to tap. anderson silva got ahead on points and then ran backwards for 2 and a half rounds. do you even watch the ufc fights start to finish?

man you just dont understand what mma is all about you s****

GSP ALWAYS bring's the fight. He's just not an elite level finisher' date=' it's not his talent.

Don't get me wrong, I think Dana should keep his nose out of the cage, he has NO business telling a fighter how to fight. But what he's mad at is Anderson not fighting the way he expects him to, not simply that Anderson did not finish the fight.[/quote']

no he is mad because silva disrespect maia big time if silva fight with respect and not finish the fight do you think dana's gonna be mad???? NO

GSP is always working in a fight. thats the opposite of silva sometimes he works sometimes he just runs around like and idiot.

You say Dana has double standards. I disagree. he has one standard, much like alot of employers all he wants is for his worker's to work. silva did no work what so ever in his last fight.

Short version.

You are an idiot and cant see the very obviouse difference between GSP's working style and silva's clowning around.

The difference between the GSP fight and the Silva fight is GSP was fighting a CREDIBLE THREAT and could have been knocked out if he hadn't "played it safe". The only Maia could've ko'd Silva is if he somehow led him onto railroad tracks and got him hit by a freight train. And it's not like GSP didn't try to finish Hardy. Both the kimura and the armbar would have tapped anybody else in the division.

TeamUK, must be a Hardy fan... on that note, I'll call you a tool and never, ever bother reading another one of your threads ever again...NEVER!!!

Archived