The True 1# P4P King

wanderlei4ever

Easy one to pick for me. Fedor. The difference between Fedor and those two guys is one, Fedor will fight guys much much bigger than himself, and two, he beats those fighters at their own game. He jumps into Minotauro Nogueira's guard, he brawls with Rogers, he boxes with Arlovski. Most top fighters in the game today agree he's still the best p4p.

GSP's "mathematical equation" strategy makes him seem too mechanical to me. He's arguably the greatest WW of all time but until he stops outwrestling his weight class and challenges himself in higher divisions he's still #3 P4P.

Silva still dazzles us with his brilliance from time to time but he just made a mockery of himself and the sport with his last performance. Until he faces a top level striker and once again proves he has the killer instinct he's not the best.

Easy one to pick for me. Fedor. The difference between Fedor and those two guys is one' date=' Fedor will fight guys much much bigger than himself, and two, he beats those fighters at their own game. He jumps into Minotauro Nogueira's guard, he brawls with Rogers, he boxes with Arlovski. Most top fighters in the game today agree he's still the best p4p.

[/quote']

Thank Jesus, I was too tired to type that... lol

GSP or Silva. Fedor doesn't get the fights to be considered the current p4p best.

gsp ud'd hardy & alves

silva tko'd gump & ud'd maia :rolleyes:

fedor ko'd arlovski & tko'd rogers >>>>

Winner 2009 Russian Combat Sambo Championship 100 kg (220 lb)+ Kstovo, Russia

......3rd 2008 World Combat Sambo Championships Heavyweight Prague, Czech Republic

Winner 2008 Russian Combat Sambo Championship 100 kg (220 lb)+ St. Petersburg, Russia

Winner 2007 World Combat Sambo Championships Open weight Prague, Czech Republic

Winner 2007 Russian Combat Sambo Championships ? Buryat Republic, Russia

Winner 2006 Russian Combat Sambo Championships ? Buryat Republic, Russia

Winner 2005 World Combat Sambo Championships Heavyweight Prague, Czech Republic

Fedor fights the best at their own game and beats them. He could easily have beaten Bretty Rogers by taking him down and subbing him, but instead he chose to stand and brawl with him (exactly what Rogers wanted) and beat him that way.

The guy is the most well rounded guy in MMA history and really is in a class of his own.

For me fedor is the p4p best fighter

He fights bigger fighters , he is an amazing striker and also amazing on the ground. He can beat strikers standing and ground fighters on the ground. The only problem with fedor is that he is not competing agains t the best NOW

However silva and gsp are also not really competing against the best in their last fight...

Silva is an amazing striker and he can beat anyone in mma standing however his ground game leaves a lot to be desire , i m not even saying he is bad on the ground but he seems to be somewhat afraid to go there

Gsp on the ground is the best in the ww division but standing he leaves a lot to be desired , he used to be a great striker but his gameplan is too predictable

Now , fedor is p4p best

I still think silva is second , because he has shown that he can fight in a bigger weightclass , while gsp still remains to seen how he does against bigger fighters.

I can see silva fighting mir , cro cop , rua.. While I dont see gsp fighting against sonnen , henderson ...

time will tell though

I think you definitely have the right three

Fedor has the best record of the three but has not faced the same level of competition that GSP has

GSP has the best history of fighting top notch competitors but is usually one step under Silva/Fedor in the mma community because of him not finishing fights in the same dynamic fashion. However, you have to wonder if Fedor and Silva would be able to finish the same way if they fought a higher level of competition. Silva could't finish Maia which makes me wonder if he is as good as GSP in a super fight

Siva has the most high profile finishes and looks the most unstoppable. The biggest question mark on him is if he could look as good if he fought a Machida or GSP

All in all, you have to give it to Fedor right now. GSP has fought much better competition, but had 2 definitive losses. Silva has had dynamic finishes, but a few questionable bouts. And Fedor has seemed to been a cut above the rest, he's got 20 sambo gold medals and like a million mma wins without anyone coming close

I'd put Silva at the 2 spot and GSP at the 3 spot. I have a feeling they will be fighting Jan 2011

I think you definitely have the right three

Fedor has the best record of the three but has not faced the same level of competition that GSP has

GSP has the best history of fighting top notch competitors but is usually one step under Silva/Fedor in the mma community because of him not finishing fights in the same dynamic fashion. However' date=' you have to wonder if Fedor and Silva would be able to finish the same way if they fought a higher level of competition. Silva could't finish Maia which makes me wonder if he is as good as GSP in a super fight

Siva has the most high profile finishes and looks the most unstoppable. The biggest question mark on him is if he could look as good if he fought a Machida or GSP

All in all, you have to give it to Fedor right now. GSP has fought much better competition, but had 2 definitive losses. Silva has had dynamic finishes, but a few questionable bouts. And Fedor has seemed to been a cut above the rest, he's got 20 sambo gold medals and like a million mma wins without anyone coming close

I'd put Silva at the 2 spot and GSP at the 3 spot. I have a feeling they will be fighting Jan 2011[/quote']

GSP has the history of fighting top notch???

serra?? hardy??? kos??LOL

GSP has only fought 2 top fighters , bj penn and matt hughes ....All the other that you call top competitin never held a title in their life

Try nogueira, cropcop , henderson , franklin.. Hell even marquart and griffin holded a title in their history

Archived