UFC to the Philippines.

PinoyMMA

A few years ago, the UFC brought Chuck Liddell to Manila for an open workout. Lots of people attended and swarmed the venue where he was in. Then the UFC said they would take the UFC to Manila the following year but it never materialized. Does anyone know why? Or when will it be possible? MMA is really growing here in the Philippines.

That very insulting. There's no disease you can get here that you can't get from other countries like the U.S. I would appreciate it if people like would stop discriminating our country.

its not an insult its the truth, you are a higher risk of catching diseases over there, though dirty water and such, its fact that tourists to phillipines and thailand and other countries in those regions drink bottled water to avoid getting ill

lol grow up kid, the ufc wont hold an event there its pointless...china india are the two top goals in asia..the fact is the philippines is a third world country..and nothing against u bro..just a fact[/quote

Money is money and that's the bottomline! People will pay good money to watch a live UFC event here . BTW, our economy is strong and growing. Again, it only goes to show you don't know anything about us.

lol grow up kid' date=' the ufc wont hold an event there its pointless...china india are the two top goals in asia..the fact is the philippines is a third world country..and nothing against u bro..just a fact[/quote']

We are aware of that. But it would be better if you just said it properly without those insulting comments. Here's a couple reasons why a UFC event would be successful here:

1. MMA is growing in the Philippines. In effect, people are becoming more educated with the sport.

2. Airfare tickets and other neccesities would be cheap for the tourists who would come. Therefore, more people around the region would be more willing to come and watch the event.

We are aware of that. But it would be better if you just said it properly without those insulting comments. Here's a couple reasons why a UFC event would be successful here:

1. MMA is growing in the Philippines. In effect' date=' people are becoming more educated with the sport.

2. Airfare tickets and other neccesities would be cheap for the tourists who would come. Therefore, more people around the region would be more willing to come and watch the event.[/quote']

why would they take a risk in a third world country.. the philippines have bigger issues 2 tackle bro..like poverty..and it would take alot of ufc resources for such event...and they would have 2 adjust the ticket sales because ppl wont be able 2 afford ticket prices like in america

First of all' date=' it is spellled as "Filipinos". Secondly, Not only Filipinos would be able to watch the fight. Internationals would travel to the Philippines due to the cheaper prices.[/quote']

that would be odd, an event in the Philippines so foreigners can attend ? isn't it supposed 2 be for Filipinos..if the majority of Filipinos cant afford it, whats the point..oh lets hold an event so foreigners can attend..ok do it in a developed neighboring country

that would be odd' date=' an event in the Philippines so foreigners can attend ? isn't it supposed 2 be for Filipinos..if the majority of Filipinos cant afford it, whats the point..oh lets hold an event so foreigners can attend..ok do it in a developed neighboring country[/quote']

I didn't say it would be for foreigners. Of course, it would be for the Filipinos. I'm just saying, a lot of people would be able to attend the event, not just Filipinos. For example, in the last event that was held in Abu Dhabi, do you think it was only locals who came?

probably didnt want to catch a disease

That very insulting. There's no disease you can get here that you can't get from other countries like the U.S. I would appreciate it if people like would stop discriminating our country.

Obviously you resort to something like this if you don't know jack and you don't have anything with sense to say.

Ironic ... I'm an American living a dream life in the Philippines' date=' I moved here to escape the

disease in the States ... (P.S. > I drink the tap-water here)

[img']http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4067/4426397392_1da050cb2d.jpg[/img]

"Thrilla in Manila" Yes.

Another thing, when the WWE came here three times,( I know it is fake) it was one of the most successful companies in the world. It might have been bigger, at that time, than the UFC is now. But Araneta was jampacked. And this was like only 3 years ago.

How are you finding the Philippines so far?

... well' date=' I've visited here many times before moving full-time to Cebu >

friendliest people on the planet

summer 24/7 -365 & surrounded by the ocean

the most beautiful women in the world (checked out the leg-show @ ayala today ;))

ultra modern malls & 1/3 the cost of U.S. living

everybody speaks english & the U.S. dollar is accepted (has little value now 43.9)

china, japan, australia, thailand, macao, malaysia all just a quick hop away

I'M STAYIN' IGSO

the most beautiful women in the world (checked out the leg-show @ ayala today ;))

everybody speaks english & the U.S. dollar is accepted (has little value now 43.9)

I'M STAYIN' IGSO

Do you watch the URCC here?

Only muslims kidnapped tourist here at the Philippines.

They are also the terrorist here' date=' a group called Abu Sayaff, connected to Al-Qaeda.[/quote']

And they are mostly in the southern part of the Philippines. It is far, far away from Metro Manila.

I'M STAYIN' IGSO

Yeah, I went to Indonesia a couple years ago and I talked to a guy on his way to the Phillipines. He basically said the same thing....very friendly people, nice to Americans, very hospitable, etc.

Please don't listen to the loser bigots here cuz they don't represent all Americans. Just some computer nerds that hide their prejudice behind anonymity. Hey losers, be grateful u live in America, we were built on the idea that all people are equal and should have the opportunity to do what they want in life. I'm sure your ancesors did not immigrate here so their kids could have a better life and then turn around and look down on other countries

Yeah' date=' I went to Indonesia a couple years ago and I talked to a guy on his way to the Phillipines. He basically said the same thing....very friendly people, nice to Americans, very hospitable, etc.

Please don't listen to the loser bigots here cuz they don't represent all Americans. Just some computer nerds that hide their prejudice behind anonymity. Hey losers, be grateful u live in America, we were built on the idea that all people are equal and should have the opportunity to do what they want in life. I'm sure your ancesors did not immigrate here so their kids could have a better life and then turn around and look down on other countries[/quote']

Thank you for that. I was beginning to stereo-type americans.

Yeah' date=' I went to Indonesia a couple years ago and I talked to a guy on his way to the Phillipines. He basically said the same thing....very friendly people, nice to Americans, very hospitable, etc.

Please don't listen to the loser bigots here cuz they don't represent all Americans. Just some computer nerds that hide their prejudice behind anonymity. Hey losers, be grateful u live in America, we were built on the idea that all people are equal and should have the opportunity to do what they want in life. I'm sure your ancesors did not immigrate here so their kids could have a better life and then turn around and look down on other countries[/quote']

I AM SO BACK!! You my friend is as educated and learned as they come!! Musicismywhatever should learn a thing or two from people like you. He doesn't know jack about our country coz he is obviously an ignoramus who needs a life.

A few years ago' date=' the UFC brought Chuck Liddell to Manila for an open workout. Lots of people attended and swarmed the venue where he was in. Then the UFC said they would take the UFC to Manila the following year but it never materialized. Does anyone know why? Or when will it be possible? MMA is really growing here in the Philippines.[/quote']

I hope to God they do. Maybe that way you people will stay in your own country and stop flooding ours with illegal immigrants and people on twps immediately having babies and getting married

I hope to God they do. Maybe that way you people will stay in your own country and stop flooding ours with illegal immigrants and people on twps immediately having babies and getting married

Hmmm..Obviously you are making reference to some ungodly place you were crapped out off. Oh boy, another mentally handicapped blogger...

You guys keep forgetting that your country was built by immigrants. The Irish, the English, the Africans when they were still slaves. The way I see it, the only people that could really have claim on the US's soil is the american-indians.

Archived