DIEGO SANCHEZ v NICK DIAZ

aethlefirth

Was just watching espn classic which I recorded the otherday, DIEGO SANCHEZ v NICK DIAZ .........................wow! I watched it first time round but watching it again wow! What an awesome fight.

I would love to see these two guys do it again it was a war a real schooling in BJJ they were both fantastic.

My thoughts are that DIAZ would take the re-match and this is coming from someone who despises both brothers.

thoughts

Diego would win. Nick Diaz would not even be a top 10 WW in the UFC.

Man, I'm always at a loss for words when people come out and say this ****. Really, you think there are 10 people better then him? You're obviously not watching the same fights that the rest of us are watching. I don't care if you don't like him or his brother, but to say he isn't one of the top welterweights right now is just ignorant. Remember he left the UFC, it wasn't the other way around. However I don't see him coming back for that reason, I think Dana would be too prideful to bring him back after all of that. He's already said countless times that he would never bring him back because "he doesn't know how to act in public." Pretty dumb reason if you ask me, he could definitely shake up the welterweight division.

Diego would win. Nick Diaz would not even be a top 10 WW in the UFC.

Name the ten Welterweights in the UFC that would beat him NOW. Losses to people when he was 20 to 22 in the UFC are not really relevant now especially considering they were all decision losses and some of them poorly judged.

I would probably take GSP, Fitch and Diego by decision based off takedowns and avoiding the submissions. I think he would beat Kos up standing and if Kos took him down I think he subs him off his back. Others would be in trouble on the feet or on the ground with Nick. Please don't bring that idiot Paul Daley into this either Nick would take one of his arms home with him.

Man' date=' I'm always at a loss for words when people come out and say this ****. Really, you think there are 10 people better then him? You're obviously not watching the same fights that the rest of us are watching. I don't care if you don't like him or his brother, but to say he isn't one of the top welterweights right now is just ignorant. Remember he left the UFC, it wasn't the other way around. However I don't see him coming back for that reason, I think Dana would be too prideful to bring him back after all of that. He's already said countless times that he would never bring him back because "he doesn't know how to act in public." Pretty dumb reason if you ask me, he could definitely shake up the welterweight division.[/quote']

IMO It would depend on what Diego and what Nick turned up on the night. The Diaz that fought and beat Robbie lawler at his own game was brutally outstanding, Would Sanchez cope with that kind of boxing, and the Sanchez that tore through the competition before being gave a lesson by BJ... What a fight if the both turn up with their A games but Diaz by points courtesy of his better striking

IMO It would depend on what Diego and what Nick turned up on the night. The Diaz that fought and beat Robbie lawler at his own game was brutally outstanding' date=' Would Sanchez cope with that kind of boxing, and the Sanchez that tore through the competition before being gave a lesson by BJ... What a fight if the both turn up with their A games but Diaz by points courtesy of his better striking[/quote']

its not about sanchez being able to cope with his boxing as sanchez was able to take him down whenever he wanted,its more has DIAZ evolved enough as a fighter to stop sanchez takedowns.

because diego hasnt evolved right?

well we will never see because neither will be in the same organisation again. but as for now diego beat the piss outta diaz first time around so again all you have is an assumption

Yes because Diego hasn't evolved.

and Yes Diego won the first time.

Not disputing that. I was simply asked who would win in a rematch, and I stated who I thought would win.

ps: Still waiting for Cain vs. Carwin to be announced like your source said ;)

Yes because Diego hasn't evolved.

and Yes Diego won the first time.

Not disputing that. I was simply asked who would win in a rematch' date=' and I stated who I thought would win.

ps: Still waiting for Cain vs. Carwin to be announced like your source said ;)[/quote']

so what would change this time around? diaz's TD D hasnt improved at all and diegos take downs have gotten better same with his Jits, i really dont see how diaz wins against diego, he will get ground and pounded everytime

so what would change this time around? diaz's TD D hasnt improved at all and diegos take downs have gotten better same with his Jits' date=' i really dont see how diaz wins against diego, he will get ground and pounded everytime[/quote']

Your right he sure showed that in his fight against Guida right?

Archived