shogun's game plan...

tagas

Wednesday 07th of April 2010

Seven times champion of Karate on Paran?, Jo?o Gilherme Bendly was responsible for the sparring on Maur?cio Shogun’s karate on the first fight for the belt against Lyoto Machida.

Chosen between over ten karate fighters that were tested on Paran? by Shogun, he told us how he was the whole preparation for the fight.

“I memorized Lyoto from the top to the bottom so that I can impose myself in front of Shogun, because what he needed was the karate’s timing, the defense techniques of Lyoto. This timing is different and requires years of practice in Karate and that’s exactly what he needs. I adapted my game to Lyoto’s and did what he does in front of Shogun to do this specific training”, commented Jo?o.

For the second fight, that will happen on May 8th for the UFC 113, Jo?o Guilherme does not believe that Lyoto is changing main characteristics. “I think that Lyoto won’t change much his style because it’s been working very well for him. You can’t change ten years of practice in four months. I guess he will still be defensive since he’s really good at it, counter attacking. He may work on this timing and be more prepared just as Shogun. But I think Shogun will win”, said Jo?o about the challenge. “I think it will be like the last fight, the kicks from Shogun are certain and I think this fight will be aggressive, rather than the previous one, because both need to show service”.

Smart man' date=' this guy knows what hes talking about. Jump on board Machida lovers.[/quote']

i also liked this info, it shows shoguns dedication to be at the top again....i am still sticking with machida tho. it's going to be a great rematch....

i also liked this info' date=' it shows shoguns dedication to be at the top again....i am still sticking with machida tho. it's going to be a great rematch....[/quote']

Yea but to be honest, Im not trying to be biased, but I think Shogun wants it more, hes been the uncrowned champ since 2005, hes not gona let a 2nd chance go by him.

Yea but to be honest' date=' Im not trying to be biased, but I think Shogun wants it more, hes been the uncrowned champ since 2005, hes not gona let a 2nd chance go by him.[/quote']

im afraid thats not up to shogun, its machida choice. and machida isnt gunna give up his belt. shogun isnt gunna change up the game plan much with machida, leg kicks are his bread and butter, and leg kicks are all that would work against machida. machida will have a new gameplan for showgun, and win leaving no question this time

Wednesday 07th of April 2010

Seven times champion of Karate on Paran?' date=' Jo?o Gilherme Bendly was responsible for the sparring on Maur?cio Shogun?s karate on the first fight for the belt against Lyoto Machida.

Chosen between over ten karate fighters that were tested on Paran? by Shogun, he told us how he was the whole preparation for the fight.

?I memorized Lyoto from the top to the bottom so that I can impose myself in front of Shogun, because what he needed was the karate?s timing, the defense techniques of Lyoto. This timing is different and requires years of practice in Karate and that?s exactly what he needs. I adapted my game to Lyoto?s and did what he does in front of Shogun to do this specific training?, commented Jo?o.

For the second fight, that will happen on May 8th for the UFC 113, Jo?o Guilherme does not believe that Lyoto is changing main characteristics. ?I think that Lyoto won?t change much his style because it?s been working very well for him. You can?t change ten years of practice in four months. I guess he will still be defensive since he?s really good at it, counter attacking. He may work on this timing and be more prepared just as Shogun. But I think Shogun will win?, said Jo?o about the challenge. ?I think it will be like the last fight, the kicks from Shogun are certain and I think this fight will be aggressive, rather than the previous one, because both need to show service?.[/quote']

Sounds like they're going to stick to the "low kick - run away" game plan.

im afraid thats not up to shogun' date=' its machida choice. and machida isnt gunna give up his belt. shogun isnt gunna change up the game plan much with machida, leg kicks are his bread and butter, and leg kicks are all that would work against machida. machida will have a new gameplan for showgun, and win leaving no question this time[/quote']

Have u ever seen a Shogun fight pre Machida, he barelly uses leg kicks, thats not his bread and butter ok lol jesus, he used it so much with Lyoto cause thats karates weakness and lyotos best weapon is his speed and counter striking ability, took the speed away and out countered the counter striker. Rua broke Lyoto on that night and he will do it again in a more decisive fashion. And what is this new gameplan Machida is coming with, every 1 says it but doesnt know what it is. Lyotos plan is to not get hit, what if hes still getting cracked? New gameplan unsucessful, o my bad same gameplan unsuccessful again.

Have u ever seen a Shogun fight pre Machida' date=' he barelly uses leg kicks, thats not his bread and butter ok lol jesus, he used it so much with Lyoto cause thats karates weakness and lyotos best weapon is his speed and counter striking ability, took the speed away and out countered the counter striker. Rua broke Lyoto on that night and he will do it again in a more decisive fashion. And what is this new gameplan Machida is coming with, every 1 says it but doesnt know what it is. Lyotos plan is to not get hit, what if hes still getting cracked? [b']New gameplan unsucessful, o my bad same gameplan unsuccessful again.[/b]

who here was unsuccessful? machida won......

haha :cool:

-buy the ticket. take the ride.

comparing both of there styles to the fight they fought on 104, shogun would definitely win the choice for back pedaling.

but seriously, shogun prepared a nice game plane but decided to be to stick to it for too long......i hope fighters don't expect to enter a title fight and win, with the a gameplan that doesn't involve engaging with there opponent............shogun stayed away the entire fight

Machida doesnt even believe he won' date=' Shogun walked out of the octogon while Lyoto was carried out.[/quote']

shogun fans act like shogun waked away unscathed.......i saw the fight live and saw when he was putting on his shirt before the decision was given, he was in pain with out question.

Lyoto was carried out, you saw this when?

Shogun needs to neutralize Machida's defensive hands. He needs to use lots of kicks and take out Machida legs. Also he should take every oppurtunity to engage in the Muay Thai clinch especially becuase Karate lacks that.

He tried the clinch but Machida's knees were faster. He needs elbows in close becasue Machida couldn't counter those his first fight.

He tried the clinch but Machida's knees were faster. He needs elbows in close becasue Machida couldn't counter those his first fight.

agree, in the clinch that where in the first fight, shogun was coming out of them with nice elbows. other then that machida looked a bit stronger and i did not see shogun control the clinch position.

according to one of shoguns interview,he will still fight the same way as he fight before,it would be difficult to change the way you fight in a few months.i think it will be the same way with machida,once you completely change your style in that fight,fighters will be out of there comfort zone.shoguns style in the first fight is the most effective style to neutralize machidas style.machida this time will anticipate the leg kicks that shogun will throw,he'll try to be more defensive,and as per shogun,he will be more agressive and finish the fight via KO.

shogun fans act like shogun waked away unscathed.......i saw the fight live and saw when he was putting on his shirt before the decision was given' date=' he was in pain with out question.

Lyoto was carried out, you saw this when?[/quote']

I saw it live 2, where u there live? My friend was there live and he said that Lyoto was carried out the ring while Shogun was walking out looking down shaking his head.

I saw it live 2' date=' where u there live? My friend was there live and he said that Lyoto was carried out the ring while Shogun was walking out looking down shaking his head.[/quote']

he must of mistook some little assistance to machida and exaggerated a bit..... but do you agree you saw shogun wince when he stretched his arms to put his shirt on. he felt those kicks as well...

he must of mistook some little assistance to machida and exaggerated a bit..... but do you agree you saw shogun wince when he stretched his arms to put his shirt on. he felt those kicks as well...

Does that even matter? lol I saw him wince when his brother picked him up after the fight and when he was putting on his shirt, I remember the cammerman bumbing into Shogun and Rua like gave him a wtf look? lol, theres no question Lyoto landed some clean strikes to the body, those strong knees to the body looked really good but make no mistake about it, Lyoto was done after the fight, Shogun looked like he could go some more rounds. If that fight would had continued, Machida would had been finished.

Does that even matter? lol I saw him wince when his brother picked him up after the fight and when he was putting on his shirt' date=' I remember the cammerman bumbing into Shogun and Rua like gave him a wtf look? lol, theres no question Lyoto landed some clean strikes to the body, those strong knees to the body looked really good but make no mistake about it, Lyoto was done after the fight, Shogun looked like he could go some more rounds. If that fight would had continued, Machida would had been finished.[/quote']

yes machidas legs where battered from shoguns kicks but he could of gone longer, he is very disciplined and he would of overcome it if he had to....

he was effected in the fight more then shogun i will admit the spring in machida's step was effected by the kicks in round 4 and 5 and he did less work. that was the most looked at part of the fight because they where the biggest rounds for either fighter....

and that is where fans got confused, machida may have clearly lost 4 and 5 but he did win 1, 2 , and 3 just not in the way shogun did 4 and 5........but not enough to take the fight and in no way where rounds 4 and 5(10 8 rounds) so machida wins a ufc regulated fighting system......

the fight as a whole, i'm not completely sure but shogun would take the fight slightly but that doesn't mater in this situation and "shogun would of finish if it continued doesn't mater either."

the only thing i disagree with about the article is that machida won't evolve even machida said in an atricle after he watch the fight he said "sometime it takes something like this to get me to evolve" or something to that extent, and to suggest that machida is not going to be doing anything against those leg and body kicks is absurd, i think we might actualy see machida start grabbing his legs and going for the take down for som Gnp

the only thing i disagree with about the article is that machida won't evolve even machida said in an atricle after he watch the fight he said "sometime it takes something like this to get me to evolve" or something to that extent' date=' and to suggest that machida is not going to be doing anything against those leg and body kicks is absurd, i think we might actualy see machida start grabbing his legs and going for the take down for som Gnp[/quote']

i definitely disagree too....this is speculation from shogun and his camp. i hope they come out underestimating machida.... but they are smarter then that....machida is a better mma fighter then alot of people might think......

that would be kind of cool tho to see a take down and a little gnp...it would catch a lot of people of guard.

he actually took down th. silva a few times with a bit of gnp(that is what actually finished the fight..at the end of the round he tripped silva backwards and lunged at him with a punch and ko'd him) but shogun is better then silva in more ways then one.

i definitely disagree too....this is speculation from shogun and his camp. i hope they come out underestimating machida.... but they are smarter then that....machida is a better mma fighter then alot of people might think......

that would be kind of cool tho to see a take down and a little gnp...it would catch a lot of people of guard.

he actually took down th. silva a few times with a bit of gnp(that is what actually finished the fight..at the end of the round he tripped silva backwards and lunged at him with a punch and ko'd him) but shogun is better then silva in more ways then one.

yeah i saw the thiago fight, he also took tito down too, his take downs are great and just as unpredictable as his striking, and if shogun wants to start throwing kicks i think machida is going to put him on his back for sure, i'd like to see some more of machidas ground game too

Archived