Gayguard musasi lost!

vasile

Gegard got rounds 1 & 2 easy. It was even going to round five until the ref screwed Mousasi by taking a point away for ONE kick that just grazed Mo. Mousasi is still a more well rounded fighter. He landed way more strikes in the fight but once again the American judges must work as high school wrestling coaches in their spare time and give too much emphasis to takedowns and position. Damn it.

Why did noone react so harshely when GSP did it?

More on topic though. Gegard was a sad excuse for a champion this was the first SF event ive watched(mainly for Hendo/Shields) and i was highly unimpressed with the so called "top-talent" in SF. Mousasis lose is going to drag SF through the mud, and unless Shields wins in dominant ill look at as a kiddy pool compared to the UFC.

Gegard got rounds 1 & 2 easy. It was even going to round five until the ref screwed Mousasi by taking a point away for ONE kick that just grazed Mo. Mousasi is still a more well rounded fighter. He landed way more strikes in the fight but once again the American judges must work as high school wrestling coaches in their spare time and give too much emphasis to takedowns and position. Damn it.

Seriously though, not trying to inflame anybody, but how could you possibly say Mousasi won the fight. Sure Mo didnt do much, and its hard to say he truly won, but he sure didnt lose. So unless you call a draw, you have to give Mo the win (however boring it was).

Seriously though' date=' not trying to inflame anybody, but how could you possibly say Mousasi won the fight. Sure Mo didnt do much, and its hard to say he truly won, but he sure didnt lose. So unless you call a draw, you have to give Mo the win (however boring it was).[/quote']

because of the deducted point, i had it 48-46, mo. even though he really didn't hurt gegard.

Wow your so cool man I wish I could be just like you and have a superior MMA knowledge just like you. Man everyone sucks except for Brock he's my idol fedor is a noob he hasn't even won a fight and Anderson got beaten by Maia dude man and my home boy Brock would beat every fighter at the same time G dog man cool dude bro

I'm cool man I know more about MMA I only really Know Brock but Brock is MMA he owns people he is P4P Number 1 and Moussasi would loose to him in a kickboxing match becuase Brock has superior stand up and brock is the best at anything he can beat Micahel Phelps in swimming man due bro dizzle my nizzle slizzle I'm black

mo looked like mo' date=' never seen mousasi perform that poorly ... gratz to lawal[/quote']

Indeed.

I am not gonna pretend I was always calling this fight this way (I bought into the Mousasi hype train) but in hind sight it's not surprising. Look at his fight with "the African assassin'. Sokoudjou isn't nearly as good of a wrestler as King Mo and Mousasi looked mediocre against him for the first part of that fight. Even though he won he was taken down and controlled on the ground a lot.

I'm thinking that a big hole in Mousasi's game has been exposed. Dude needs to work on his ground skills and take down defense. Still a good striker though and has tons of potential.

Some of Mo's take downs were sssslllllllllloooooooowwwwwwww. But they still worked every time.

Indeed.

I am not gonna pretend I was always calling this fight this way (I bought into the Mousasi hype train) but in hind sight it's not surprising. Look at his fight with "the African assassin'. Sokoudjou isn't nearly as good of a wrestler as King Mo and Mousasi looked mediocre against him for the first part of that fight. Even though he won he was taken down and controlled on the ground a lot.

I'm thinking that a big hole in Mousasi's game has been exposed. Dude needs to work on his ground skills and take down defense. Still a good striker though and has tons of potential.

Some of Mo's take downs were sssslllllllllloooooooowwwwwwww. But they still worked every time.

... huge set-back for mousasi after signing the 2 year deal' date='

[b']congratulations to the forum members that cashed in on lawal, .. I was wrong & you were right[/b] ... :(

And there is no way in hell Mousasi won any rounds let along the fight.

Ignore the whole computime/fightmetric bullcrap. Strikes landed do not count as effective strikes. Effective strikes is what scores points. Ya Mousasi was swinging his arm back and forth hitting Mo in the face when he was on his back but those "punches" were nothing. There was no force behind the majority of them. There cannot be force behind them when"thrown"...or more accurately swiped sideways... while on your back.

Note: I am not saying it's impossible to throw a strike from your back, I am saying the type of strikes Mousasi was using from his back were ineffectual and have no weight in how a judge would score this fight.

... huge set-back for mousasi after signing the 2 year deal' date='

[b']congratulations to the forum members that cashed in on lawal, .. I was wrong & you were right[/b] ... :(

Aye. Big setback... maybe. I have a feeling that Strikeforce is gonna build hype around him anyways and just pretend this didn't happen.

Archived