Georges "Rush"St Pierre

wingzero8717

im not a GSP fan but i can acknowledge that he is one of the best fighters in the world ive thought many times of who can challenge him in the welterweight division because he has made it clear he will stay there for some time well ive got a few fighters i think may stand a chance please post what fighters you think stand a chance below as well

Nick Diaz- Gracie Jiu Jitsu black belt,very well rounded,good boxing

Paulo Thiago- Well versed in submissions,has showed good power in his hands against koscheck and swick

im not a GSP fan but i can acknowledge that he is one of the best fighters in the world ive thought many times of who can challenge him in the welterweight division because he has made it clear he will stay there for some time well ive got a few fighters i think may stand a chance please post what fighters you think stand a chance below as well

Nick Diaz- Gracie Jiu Jitsu black belt' date='very well rounded,good boxing

Paulo Thiago- Well versed in submissions,has showed good power in his hands against koscheck and swick[/quote']

Nick Diaz is not even a top 10 WW in the UFC. GSP would destroy him.

Paulo Thiago, I like him but he won't GSP.

I think the only one who can challenge him at 170 is Anderson Silva.

Paulo Thiago- Well versed in submissions,has showed good power in his hands against koscheck and swick[/quote']

both of these guys would get owned

How could you not be a GSP fan.. I really dont understand. Is it because soooo many people like him that you feel the need to dislike him?

I really think A. Silva ofcourse would be a great match, but as for anyone else, I just dont see it. To big and too strong for 170 it seems like haha. I would say dan henderson and nate.......... Cant remember his last name! haha The dude who was suppose to fight A silva- that guy haha. They seem like they would make it interesting.

just like bj penn right :D

Its funny how all the contenders being chosen to possibly give him a run for his money are all from a higher weight class and/or from another organization. Really though' date=' GSP can't be touched. Hes way too well-rounded.[/quote']

like i said sheilds or a.silva has a better chance than any top5 ww

Pretty much just A. Silva. Shields would get destroyed. Perfect fight for GSP to show his stand up skills.

what stand up skills? gsp couldnt stand with hardy so how gsp will stand with a.silva? i only see gsp doing is wrestle for points.

what stand up skills? gsp couldnt stand with hardy so how gsp will stand with a.silva? i only see gsp doing is wrestle for points.

LOL. In what way did you see GSP not being able to stand with Hardy? He CHOSE not to. He won the fight because of it. And as I recall, the few moments the were standing, GSP was getting the better of him, he landed a really flush shot on Hardy. GSP haters didn't see that though right? GTFO

LOL. In what way did you see GSP not being able to stand with Hardy? He CHOSE not to. He won the fight because of it. And as I recall' date=' the few moments the were standing, GSP was getting the better of him, he landed a really flush shot on Hardy. GSP haters didn't see that though right? GTFO[/quote']

1,2 punch and td is not stand up skills,watch a.silva fights thats stand up skills.

I would like to see GSP verses George Sadaraplis

put almeida against gsp ..

That would be an interesting fight, but I'd like to see Almeida win a few more fights at WW first, including a fight with Matt Hughes, I'd love to see the rematch in MMA. Even if he did get to GSP though, as much as I think it'd be entertaining and interesting, GSP would still dominate. Hes so big. That fight he'd show off his striking skills though imo to quiet all the nay-sayers.

He didn't even try to stand with him. It doesn't mean he couldn't' date=' he just didn't have to.[/quote']

m_a_b is just really hating on GSP. He also said Edgar would beat GSP. Sorry m_a_b, your credibility is shot.

I don't believe any ww has a realistic chance at beating gsp. You could say A. silva if he dropped to 170, but think about it, how much damage would that weight cut do to Silva? And even if he handled the weight cut just fine, gsp will put Silva on his back over and over. GSP has showed us many times, wherever he wants a fighter, he puts a fighter. If GSP says you're going on your back, that's all there is to it. You can hate on him for not standing, but the fact remains... Wrestling, octagon control, and takedowns score points and win fights.

I didn't say Shields would beat him.

Shields would give GSP a harder time than anyone in the UFC can.

glad to see you are slowly leaving the gsp ****s club

Now your opinions may be taken more seriously

Actually for one i agree with you

Also dont forget ricardo almeida who has a lot of experience under his belt

glad to see you are slowly leaving the gsp ****s club

Now your opinions may be taken more seriously

Actually for one i agree with you

Also dont forget ricardo almeida who has a lot of experience under his belt

Who said I was leaving GSP's fan club?

I try to stay neutral to things EVEN when talking about GSP unless you morons say he's boring becuase I like his fights ALL of them.

However like I said Shields has the skillset to give GSP a harder challenge than any WW in the UFC can.

Who said I was leaving GSP's fan club?

I try to stay neutral to things EVEN when talking about GSP unless you morons say he's boring becuase I like his fights ALL of them.

However like I said Shields has the skillset to give GSP a harder challenge than any WW in the UFC can.

not the fan club, the NUGHUGGER CLUB .. The one Bobilator runs LOL

Good that you staying neutral .. There is hope

not the fan club' date=' the NUGHUGGER CLUB .. The one Bobilator runs LOL

Good that you staying neutral .. There is hope[/quote']

Hey dont **** with the Bobilator fan club ! We jump more fast then Diaz bro on Miller !!

Im a GSP fan , i dont realy understand why u always jump on me but if that make u feel beter then go for it .

I wonder why u always think about Nutt hugging.

Shields would be a good match but he would still be out classed. Silva Might be a good match but if they were to fight at 170 that would just be such an extensive weight drop for Silva with his frame that he would be slowed down considerably and his strikes would be lack luster as well from dehydration that the fight wouldn't be that great; on the other hand a catch weight fight between Silva and GSP might be entertaining.

1' date='2 punch and td is not stand up skills,watch a.silva fights thats stand up skills.[/quote']

Using your striking to setup a takedown is a standup skill, as I see it that takes place on the feet.

I didn't say Shields would beat him.

Shields would give GSP a harder time than anyone in the UFC can.

I think Shields would give GSP a good tilt, as his wrestling would be the closest match to GSPs still a little lower level imo. But after watching old pillow fists in action against Hendo I think GSP would just stand and bang with Shields and eventually get the TKO due to not gassing like Hendo did. Did anyone else notice that Shields hit Hendo from the mount 140+ times, and Hendos face wasn't even red or swollen? I mean yeah Hendos tough as nails, but I've never seen worse GnP from a fighter! He had him mounted for 15 min during the fight, any other fighter has a TKO win under the same conditions.

Shield's would make GSP work for it, but in the end GSP would just do to him what he did to FItch. Its one of the keys to his success. GSP can out strike the grapplers and out grapple the strikers.

He has also so far, out grapple the wrestling based grapplers. Shields has better BJJ than most people GSP has fought and would be dangerous off his back if the fight went to the ground.

Paulo Thiago is the only one I see in the UFC right now that could really pose a threat. Good level of BJJ and good level of striking. The downfall is if Fitch can "Fitch" him like he did for 3 rds. GSP would probably do it even easier.

Shield's would make GSP work for it' date=' but in the end GSP would just do to him what he did to FItch. Its one of the keys to his success. GSP can out strike the grapplers and out grapple the strikers.

He has also so far, out grapple the wrestling based grapplers. Shields has better BJJ than most people GSP has fought and would be dangerous off his back if the fight went to the ground.

Paulo Thiago is the only one I see in the UFC right now that could really pose a threat. Good level of BJJ and good level of striking. The downfall is if Fitch can "Fitch" him like he did for 3 rds. GSP would probably do it even easier.[/quote']

GSP doesn't "fitch" people tho... he whoops they(re) ****!

GSP doesn't "fitch" people tho... he whoops they(re) ****!

True what GSP does is "fitching" on a different plane. Point being, if someone gets "Fitched" by Fitch it doesn't bode well for them when they met the evolved form in GSP.

As long as GSP is champ, Fitch and to a certain extent Koscheck are the proving ground. If you can't handle their game you sure as hell are gonna struggle with GSP.

Archived