exposed

MountAndDo

aoki for sure' date=' not hendo, come on man hes old and been in wars put this fight 5 years ago and shields would still be out.

and i never rated mousasi, i mean his big wins are sokoudju and sorbral FFS[/quote']

sig now or i'm going to hound you on this forum until the end of time

Aoki. Then again, I knew he was not even close to being the #2 lightweight in the world. I enjoy watching Melendez' low down monkey brawling style.

Mousasi lost a very close fight. The point deduction was bogus. There was never any warning and the kick barely grazed Mo. That being said, Gegard was trying very hard to catch King Mo at the end but just couldn't get it done.

Shields put on an impressive display of GSP-like control over a bigger, more experienced man. Hendo has an iron jaw so I knew he wasn't going to be pounded out but damn he took a beating. Give the credit to Shields here.

Fedor.

How many times do we have to see these guys who build reputations in the minds of the ignorant exposed before we realize the truth? It's about WHO you fight. Not the pretty numbers.

Noguiera and Crocop just don't count for much compared to the elites of today.

Aoki, Fedor, Mousasi, Torres...nothing different.

Cheers

-DR

Hendo.

Admit it, everyone hugs Henderson's nuts because of he had one of the best knockouts ever over Bisping. But they forget that the dude came into the UFC and had 2 title fights and lost them both. No one was hugging his nuts then. He is overhyped, just like BJ Penn.

As for Aoki, everyone knows the guy doesn't have standup. He goes for submissions. Obviously fighting a stand up guy with good takedown defense like Melendez would be an impossible win for him. I have always thought the guy was overated as a mixed martial artist because he isn't a complete fighter.

Mousasi? I don't doubt him, he just had a bad night. People will be back on the band wagon when he wins the Dream LHW GP. Everyone has bad nights. He'll be back, stronger.

Mousasi by far, even though I think it is good he lost he'll most likely turn it into a positive and train like a madman. You all can search back like 7-8 months ago when I was an Aoki nut hugger then saw me call him out as a punk biotch that wouldn't do crap if he ever fought outside of Japan. I was only surprised he didn't fake more injuries and only took about 20 seconds break for the "Eye Poke". He can?t do anything without his magic submission pants (and a bunch of Japanese refs and judges on his side). Hendo can go either way, he cut a lot of weight, is getting up there in age, and on any given night could still whoop some as$.

Hendo.

Admit it' date=' everyone hugs Henderson's nuts because of he had one of the best knockouts ever over Bisping. But they forget that the dude came into the UFC and had 2 title fights and lost them both. No one was hugging his nuts then. He is overhyped, just like BJ Penn.

As for Aoki, everyone knows the guy doesn't have standup. He goes for submissions. Obviously fighting a stand up guy with good takedown defense like Melendez would be an impossible win for him. I have always thought the guy was overated as a mixed martial artist because he isn't a complete fighter.

Mousasi? I don't doubt him, he just had a bad night. People will be back on the band wagon when he wins the Dream LHW GP. Everyone has bad nights. He'll be back, stronger.[/quote']

In defense of Hendo, his fight with Rampage was alot closer then people give credit.

In defense of Penn, seriously? I honestly believe he just has 2 much pride in his boxing to admit that he needs/should use his bjj.

I think Mousasi was exposed the worse. It was the result that shocked me the most. He looked doubtful striking (I guess because of the threat of being taken down again) and got taken down at will by Lawal. His calm manner is cool when he is winning, but when he is losing I dunno... I was just waiting for him to react or stop holding back or something. I think Mousasi is great, but I am very disappointed in his performance.

Hendo is puching 40, what do you want?. But I did not expect to see him dominated on the ground like that, put and held on his back for 4 rounds wtf... who saw that one coming?! I bet it made Dana feel good about himself.

It cannot be said that Aoki got exposed. Everybody knows he got no standup. And with the different rules... I had Melendez on that one, the only one of the title fights I got right. I dislike Aoki plenty. Im glad he lost so he is not ranked high up there so much anymore.

Hendo.

Admit it' date=' everyone hugs Henderson's nuts because of he had one of the best knockouts ever over Bisping. But they forget that the dude came into the UFC and had 2 title fights and lost them both. No one was hugging his nuts then. He is overhyped, just like BJ Penn.

Mousasi? I don't doubt him, he just had a bad night. People will be back on the band wagon when he wins the Dream LHW GP. Everyone has bad nights. He'll be back, stronger.[/quote']

this ^^ > extremely accurate assessment imo/

i told u Beserker...mousasis would lose

.. & I told you henderson would not be competitive w/ shields > touche'

I have never seen mousasi perform that poorly, it was very strange, but a win is a win >

gratz to lawal .. there's not too much for him @ SF/ lhw, rematch maybe ...

.. & I told you henderson would not be competitive w/ shields > touche'

I have never seen mousasi perform that poorly' date=' it was very strange, but a win is a win >

gratz to lawal .. there's not too much for him @ SF/ lhw, rematch maybe ...[/quote']

Mousassi has always displayed poor TDD. He just finally faced someone who took complete advantage of it.

You either really dont know much about Hendo or Aoki, because neither of them were "exposed" last night.

Hendo is getting old. There was no secret about that. No one was covering up his age.

Aoki has NEVER been able to stand up with a decent striker. This has been known for years. If a fruit fly lands on his face, he flinches.

Mousasi may have bitten off more than he could chew by moving up weight classes. He doesnt look much bigger than he did fighting at MW. King Mo was one of the stongest/biggest guys he's faced and it showed. Mousasi hadn't fought into deep rounds before so there was nothing prior with which to compare his cardio, or lack thereof. Cardio is really the only thing a fighter can control before stepping into a fight, and I'm sure Mousasi will work to improve it.

I don't really know how people use the term "exposed" anymore. Aoki, Mousasi, and Hendo are all still very talented fighters. All have great records with wins over tough competition. I dont think there is anything fake or secretive about their abilities that would warrant calling them "exposed".

hendo didnt get exposed he actually ko's shields in 30 seconds, shields body goes limp and falls then he wakes. hendo should of finished him but hendo was fighting with an injured back so thats why i think he let him up and recover.

Shields got exposed with having terrible stand up and weak **** punches. Shields is great at keeping fighters on there back, thats all. shields did the exact same thing to mayem miller. fights were identical.

Shields got exposed with having terrible stand up and weak **** punches. Shields is great at keeping fighters on there back' date=' thats all. shields did the exact same thing to mayem miller. fights were identical.[/quote']

again, this has been known for a long time. Shields was not "exposed" last night.

Mousasi was exposed in my mind, as his footwork was terrible, he always went straight back, rather than circling off and he over committed himself every time he threw a strike leaving himself open to be taken down at will. He didn't appeared prepared to battle a strong wrestler like King Mo and I didn't see him working on triangle chokes or arm bars. Nor did he go for kimura's to open up Mo for a sweep from the bottom. It's unfortunate that this happended, but I think this may be a wake-up call for him as he's maybe realized that he shouldn't believe his own hype. He needs to pack on more muscle mass if he wants to compete with a strong wrestler like King Mo at 205.

hendo didnt get exposed he actually ko's shields in 30 seconds' date=' shields body goes limp and falls then he wakes. hendo should of finished him but hendo was fighting with an injured back so thats why i think he let him up and recover.

Shields got exposed with having terrible stand up and weak **** punches. Shields is great at keeping fighters on there back, thats all. shields did the exact same thing to mayem miller. fights were identical.[/quote']

again' date=' this has been known for a long time. Shields was not "exposed" last night.[/quote'] .. ;)

henderson has 2 ko's since 2005, wandi & numnutz < shields wasn't going anywhere

from dan's punches .. (again, shields has not been tko'd in over 10 yrs)

henderson was exposed as an old man that forgot how to wrestle .. period <

Archived