King Mo Wins? Or did he really lose?

Pompz

Don't you think Damage done and should've been a factor. They showed the result and Mousassi beat im in every category except takedowns. Mo was definately feeling more pain and I doubt he can look out his right eye for the next few weeks.

Keep in mind that effective striking is only one factor the judges take into consideration. Aggression and cage control went to King Mo. It's kind of silly that takedowns and "lay and pray" score higher than actual damage done, but if Mousasi wanted to keep his belt he needed to do something more than strike from his back.

Mo won the fight but his LEFT eye is hamburger. Someone finally got into Mousasi's head during a fight I think. Just didn't look like himself. BJ Penn feels his pain.

I thought Mousasi just got positionally dominated by Mo, but BJ just didnt look himself, its hard to think that the BJ Penn who fought Ken Flo, and Diego, wouldnt easily beat Frankie Edgar. Hopefully that BJ will show up in the rematch.

I think Mo got to him before the fight and that was a factor imo.

Mousasi said in an interview that the trash talk got to him, that could play a factor in the way he fought but fair play to Mo coz he swarmed him with takedowns and, as we all know, judges love a takedown!

Keep in mind that effective striking is only one factor the judges take into consideration. Aggression and cage control went to King Mo. It's kind of silly that takedowns and "lay and pray" score higher than actual damage done' date=' but if Mousasi wanted to keep his belt he needed to do something more than strike from his back.[/quote']

Mo won the fight but his LEFT eye is hamburger. Someone finally got into Mousasi's head during a fight I think. Just didn't look like himself. BJ Penn feels his pain.

Well said.

Archived