Jake Shields is better than GSP in jiu-jitsu

Sisti

He is better than GSP in jiu-jitsu. Don't yell at me GSP fan boys, he's better than him in jiu-jitsu not overall mma.

From the 2005 Mundai world jiu-jitsu championships....they both went against the same opponent. GSP got tapped in 1 minute from this guy, and Shields beat the same guy in 2 minutes

Leo Santos vs. St. Pierre

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCLoV40jDKM&NR=1

Leo Santos vs. Sheilds

gooooo jiu-jitsu

He is better than GSP in jiu-jitsu. Don't yell at me GSP fan boys' date=' he's better than him in jiu-jitsu not overall mma.

From the 2005 Mundai world jiu-jitsu championships....they both went against the same opponent. GSP got tapped in 1 minute from this guy, and Shields beat the same guy in 2 minutes

Leo Santos vs. Sheilds

gooooo jiu-jitsu

Well duh only a delusional GSP fan would think otherwise. GSP was still a blue or purple belt when Shields was getting his blackbelt under Cesar Gracie.

He is better than GSP in jiu-jitsu. Don't yell at me GSP fan boys' date=' he's better than him in jiu-jitsu not overall mma.

Leo Santos vs. Sheilds

gooooo jiu-jitsu

.. its really no secret, .. shields is too big w/ too much gracie for gsp

shields vs anderson would be more interesting imo /

Also you can see GSP is wearing a rash guard so he couldn't grease his way out of that armbar either...

hahaha! you're just hilarious aren't you. get over the fact that he doesn't grease alright. it's the worst excuse you can have for you boy bj

Shields may have pillow fists but the way he embarassed Hendo on the ground is way above GSPs ability

this is a joke right? GSP has the best wrestling in MMA arguably! Shields is nowhere near the level of GSP

Troll

Would you shut up already? You are a bandwagon jumper Mousasi loses and he's out of your sig as a favorite like no one is going to remember. What bandwagon are you going to jump on when GSP decides to test the waters at 185 and gets knocked out or more then likely taps to strikes before allowing himself to be KOed (Tito Ortiz style at it's finest). He might not have that luxury if Anderson hits him one time though.

The poster simply said that Shields has better BJJ and you can't really argue that unless you're retarded.

hahaha! you're just hilarious aren't you. get over the fact that he doesn't grease alright. it's the worst excuse you can have for you boy bj

this is a joke right? GSP has the best wrestling in MMA arguably! Shields is nowhere near the level of GSP

I laugh at this because 3 days ago the forums were set ablaze with "Hendo has better wrestling than GSP" and apparently since Hendo lost to Shields it totally discredits his wrestling ability. Shields is far from the most complete fighter but his grappling is on a higher level than GSPs, wether you want to believe it or not.

I laugh at this because 3 days ago the forums were set ablaze with "Hendo has better wrestling than GSP" and apparently since Hendo lost to Shields it totally discredits his wrestling ability. Shields is far from the most complete fighter but his grappling is on a higher level than GSPs' date=' wether you want to believe it or not.[/quote']

1) i never said anything about hendo's wrestling being better than gsp's.

2) it doesn't "discredit" his wrestling ability

3) GSP's grappling is lightyears better than shields

4) shields won't last for s h i t in the ufc

I'd like to think so... really though the fact is Phil Nurse was caught on video as well as noticed by cageside fighters and commission that what he was doing was against the rules. No matter how you cut that will always be something that certain people who aren't blind to the subject will remember. If I feel like cracking a joke about him in a grappling competition with a rash guard on saying he couldn't grease his way out of it then I should be able too without anyone getting upset.

I don't get upset when people call Penn a "quitter" when Georges has also quit by tapping to strikes. I don't get upset when they make jokes about his mother fighting his battles or him being an excuse maker even though he made no excuse after this past fight he gave adgar props. He can't help it if his boxing coach said something WHEN ASKED A QUESTION in an interview. GSP fans can call him always call him a crybaby mama's boy, quitter, excuse maker and that's fine with me because I know atleast he's never cheated against multiple opponents.

1. granted you probably didnt, however that was a rather large topic being thrown around

2. Sure seems that way from the posts im reading

3. Because id love to see GSP do what shields did to Hendo

4. Fitch and GSP are managing pretty well so why wouldnt he?

lol! Light years better?! Give me a f**king break... even if he has more explosive takedowns it doesn't mean he's a better overall grappler. GSP is pretty much a top guy only where Shields could work from top or bottom. His wrestling combined with a GracieJJ blackbelt makes it hard to say anyone is LIGHT YEARS ahead of him in grappling. He's a well versed hybrid much like GSP but with the better BJJ. You could say GSP is the better wrestler but I think we will have to wait to see them fight to find out.

Well according to Serra/Hughes you should keep on dreaming

I'm not the one that wastes their time hating on a fighter. Its like GSP stole your bike or something. Poor little fella.

Oh ya, how'd Hughes and Serra do in the rematches again I forget.

I'm not the one that wastes their time hating on a fighter. Its like GSP stole your bike or something. Poor little fella.

Oh ya' date=' how'd Hughes and Serra do in the rematches again I forget.[/quote']

Why waste your time defending a fighter? takes just as much time, with no more results. Did GSP lay on the guy that stole your bike?

the only person or people i see every beating gsp are , penn ,kos an fitch . i would like to see shields stiff **** fight penn fitch or kos it would be a one sided fight with shields getting man handled. gsp is the best right now ,an if bj penn wasnt so inconsisdent an cared about training i think him an gsp would make a great fight cuz niether would quit . an blah blah everyones gonna bash bj well we will see at 118 when he gets his belt back ;)

Leo Santos vs. Sheilds

gooooo jiu-jitsu

i think it would be more interesting to compare his jiu jitsu with maia.

Why waste your time defending a fighter? takes just as much time' date=' with no more results. Did GSP lay on the guy that stole your bike?[/quote']

So witty and quick with the original comebacks, oh wait...that's right, you just copied me. They say imitation is a form of flattery. Stop you're making me blush.

Looking back at your post history it doesn't look like you have had an original thought ever cross your little mind. Same old tired regurgitated drivel.

You missed something though, on purpose or maybe your reading skills are as shallow as your posting. How did Hughes do in his two rematches with GSP? How did Serra do?

Can we all just settle down! Lets admit one thing about that fight though, it was pretty pathetic. hendo looked tired and slow for most of the fight. Shields take downs where slow and very obviously telegraphed, and hendo walked right into them trying to land another bomb ( is that all he can do anymore? ) . Gsp doesnt end up on his back very often for a reason, and when he does he doesnt stay there for long. The people in this thread who are trying to say shields would beat and all the other crap either dont know as much as they think they do about mma or are really really biased. Gsp would pick apart shields, and imo most likely tko him. Gsp does a much better job of mixing up his striking and setting his shots up than we saw from hendo in this last fight. Also Look what shields did when he had a mount for most of 4 rounds ... nothing. Ya this is mma and anything can happen, but this bandwagon / bias crap on here has become sad. Gsp is a far better fighter, and just because shields beat hendo all you flavor of the month trolls get a hard on.

"aaaah maaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaawd another thread ripping on GSP i must defends him!"

Shields has better BJJ and i bet Shields wouldnt tap to strikes

So u think Shields have beter BJJ then BJ ? ( We all know GSP is not afraid of BJ guard , he stay in it in both fight )

Yes i think Shields is a beter BJJ artist then GSP , do i think he is a beter overall fighter no .

There no way Shields gonna mount GSP , Henderson getting old and past it prime . Im sure he still have good fight in him but he clearly not the fighter he was .

Jake Shields' bjj is much better than GSP's. Anybody who denies tha is clearly delusional.

I would agree his BJJ is better. He has competed at the ADCC and won a bronze there once if I remember correctly. He also used to compete in the pro submission league.

That said I think GSPs stand up is much better and his wrestling both offensively and defensively is better than Shields. Would be a heck of a fight but I see GSP doing to Shields what he did to Fitch.

So u think Shields have beter BJJ then BJ ? ( We all know GSP is not afraid of BJ guard ' date=' he stay in it in both fight )

Yes i think Shields is a beter BJJ artist then GSP , do i think he is a beter overall fighter no .

There no way Shields gonna mount GSP , Henderson getting old and past it prime . Im sure he still have good fight in him but he clearly not the fighter he was .[/quote']

yes^^

GSP himself said that sheilds would win in a submission wrestling match, but in mma he thinks he would beat him. I find it hard to see sheilds winning this one for a few reasons.

1. Sheilds only option would be to put gsp on his back and keep him there, but that will be very hard to do

2. GSP's striking is alot better than sheilds, which is where he should probably choose to fight

3. If he wants st pierre could take sheilds down and beat him there.

I would say gsp keeps it striking and wins by UD, but i wont count sheilds out, ever.

Why are people acting like GSP couldn't have done what Jake did to the Hendo that fought in Nashville? I mean it isn't like Hendo showed any of his previous wrestling ability. I'm not trying to discredit Jake Shields, but Hendo really didn't perform at all. As far as the OP of Shields having better JJ, well that is obvious, but it isn't like GSP is a JJ legend.

DTML do u ever post something that's not negative? I've yet to see you post something that isn't insulting

It's just a normal post and thought people would like to see those clips. How is saying one man's jiu-jitsu is better than another's offensive? Get a life people, GSP does not know u and u shouldn't put so much of your energy into a guy that does not know u exist lol

it's fun to be a fan and cheer people on, but when u get worked up over simple comments, its just stupid

DTML do u ever post something that's not negative? I've yet to see you post something that isn't insulting

It's just a normal post and thought people would like to see those clips. How is saying one man's jiu-jitsu is better than another's offensive? Get a life people' date=' GSP does not know u and u shouldn't put so much of your energy into a guy that does not know u exist lol

it's fun to be a fan and cheer people on, but when u get worked up over simple comments, its just stupid[/quote']

I wouldn't say anything negative if you actually started a thread to have a good debate on, and not one where you were intentionally trying to get people to ARGUE.

Do I personally think Shields has better BJJ yes.

Does it matter? No.

You started this just to see all the GSP fans scream over your initial statement not to even remotely debate anything.

Archived