Japanese MMA

Heartkiller

What are your thoughts of Japanese MMA now that we've seen Gomi and Aoki beaten in recent US based events? I think its lost a little credibility but still want to see these guys fight over in the USA and i would love to see Dana sign Aoki just to have this guy in the UFC i think he is a good character and fun to watch.

Maybe they were both thrown in the cage with too good fighters at this time? I also didnt realise how young Aoki was until i seen the stats last night,

What are your thoughts of Japanese MMA now that we've seen Gomi and Aoki beaten in recent US based events? I think its lost a little credibility but still want to see these guys fight over in the USA and i would love to see Dana sign Aoki just to have this guy in the UFC i think he is a good character and fun to watch.

Maybe they were both thrown in the cage with too good fighters at this time? I also didnt realise how young Aoki was until i seen the stats last night' date='[/quote']

Yeah I thought that in the US that Japanese MMA may take a slump in interest because of this, also that Marius Zaromskis got beat by Nick Diaz in SF and he won the Dream Welterweight Title with two Head Kick KOs which was pretty impressive looking!

Japanese MMA and American MMA are completely different, the rules, the environment, the cage the list is endless. Personally i am a bigger fan of Japanese MMA, maybe its because most of those fighers dont have suits breathing down their back to KO someone in dramatic fashion. Not to mention the Japanese crowd is amazingly respectful and far more tolerable than a lot of UFC fans.

Archived