Shields beat Hendo like I said

UFCCagerattler

Up front I'll admit I am a HUGE Hendo fan and as a fighter and a person I've never liked Jake Shields. But I'll man up and admit Jake was a better fighter yesterday. He had a game plan and he stuck to it. Would I have liked to see him be more active? Sure. He seemed rather content to mount him and punch him - but we all knew Jake never had the power in his hands to knock out Hendo, so it became a waiting game. I wasn't excited by Shields performance, but in terms of winning and keeping the belt, he did exactly what he needed to do. During the SCHEDULED fight he was a champion, the impromtu fight was another story.

Jake Shields. I actually used to like him. Now I feel he is a mediocre fighter with mediocre talent. I couldn't see him fairing well in the UFC...I can't criticize his performance because I missed the event...but from what everyone says...it sounds like Shields did the same thing he did in the Miller fight. I can't see him beating GSP. I can't even see him beating someone like Koscheck or John Fitch.

Archived