Chael Sonnen

shaggamuffins

He's on a winning streak, and his latest win was over someone who was basically considered the No. 1 middleweight contender. They put Marquardt against Sonnen and declared it a fight to determine who would get the next shot at the belt after Vitor, and while I'm pretty sure they were basically just trying to hand the shot over to Marquardt, Sonnen beat him, so it's his rightfully.

You'll notice that people on this board just want to find a way to see Anderson lose. Demian was going to somehow take down Silva and submit him, same with Thales according to a lot of posters on this board. Now somehow Sonnen is going to top the Henderson performance. Don't buy into the hype.

Plus he has the skills to beat Anderson

Anderson has always had trouble with wrestlers

Hendo, Lutter against both these guys he had trouble and both great wrestlers

What both of them lacked was sticking to the game plan well not so much Lutter he got caught in a bad triangle

but if chael works on his BJJ defence and sticks to the game plan and take anderson down Anderson will have a very very bad night

PS to the OP records have nothing to do with anything in the UFC

I mean......If he has'nt finished anyone in his last....10 fights or so, why does anyone think he can finish Silva. Also I dont feel as bad about silva's last fight after I saw that ****fest last night, I would rather see silva dance that Shields hold a full mount for as long as he did and not be able to finish Henderson, pathetic.

i have to say i think Silva wins this one. Sonnen hasn't finished a fight in the octagon. do you really think Silva will be his first or he can edge out a decision over silva? No he wont. It will take a fighter like Belfort, Jon Jones, or dare I say Ryan Bader. A fighter is going to have to have fast hands and KO power in them. Sonnen doesn't have this. Belfort practically knocked out Franklin with a punch that didnt even really connect. Belfort should be Silva's next opponent. But one thing is for sure this Sonnen vs Silva should be free on Spike. Come on Dana White you gave your word," to make it up to the fans." What better than to give us Silva's next fight for free. Plus that is insurance if the same Silva from UFC 112 shows up.

I mean......If he has'nt finished anyone in his last....10 fights or so' date=' why does anyone think he can finish Silva. Also I dont feel as bad about silva's last fight after I saw that ****fest last night, I would rather see silva dance that Shields hold a full mount for as long as he did and not be able to finish Henderson, pathetic.[/quote']

i dont think he could finish Silva i dont think anybody thinks he could finish silva i think he could pull a decision out though as long as he stays with his game plan like he did with Marquardt

Anything can happen in mma no one can be 100 percent sure of anything.

But we can be 99.9% sure. I'm not saying nobody can ever beat AS, I just think it has to be someone more athletic and well-rounded than Sonnen. Just look at Sonnen's record - very weak against BJJ - you think he's going to suddenly be able to stop both AS's ground AND standup game for 5 rounds? That's crazy talk.

Chael sonnen is HILARIOUS... I dont know about everyone else but I would look forward more to the "verbal beatdown" as sonnen puts it than to the fight b/w those two. Especially now with all this talk of how sensitive a.silva is.

LOL has anyone seen the video where sonnen goes on to say that silva speaks the "king of english" and its all "does anyone want tea or want to play cricket" when they're at the back. LOL I know his exaggerating but its still hilarious.

But we can be 99.9% sure. I'm not saying nobody can ever beat AS' date=' I just think it has to be someone more athletic and well-rounded than Sonnen. Just look at Sonnen's record - very weak against BJJ - you think he's going to suddenly be able to stop both AS's ground AND standup game for 5 rounds? [b']That's crazy talk.
[/b]

Crazy talk from a crazy person.lol

But i have always thought that a wrestler who sticks to his gameplan against AS has a great chance . imo chael will lie in silva's guard and gnp.It will be a boring fight but it is a fight chael can win.

never been a sonnen fan' date='simply because every time he opens his mouth its just nonstop rabble that makes me fall asleep,he goes on and on and on and on im suprized he doesnt put himself to sleep[/quote']

Sonnen is one of the funniest personalities in mma how can people not see that.

Sonnen has a chance may it a small one only if the same Silva shows up that showed up for UFC 112. Other than that if it is the same Silva we all know like the one who showed up for Forrest Griffen. Sonnen gets dropped in the first or second round.

Archived