Strikeforce: Nashville CBS TV Ratings Are Very Poor

jebus00

THE CBS TV ratings for last night's Strikeforce: Nashville event are in, and they appear to show that the card was a flop. An average of just 2.63 million tuned in for the event according to the overnights figures, over a million less than the overnights for Fedor Vs Rogers last year.

More info and stats comparison with previous MMA events on CBS are in the article below...

Strikeforce: Nashville TV Ratings Are Poor

can't really trust the ratings all that much but the general public does not like mma and will not watch it. mma probably will never get that high of ratings on the cbs, nbc, and abc type networks cause they dont know how to market it. i have never even seen one commercial for mma ever on cbs. when stikeforce goes under a few fighter may make their way over to the ufc but probably would not fair to well.

THE CBS TV ratings for last night's Strikeforce: Nashville event are in' date=' and they appear to show that the card was a flop. An average of just 2.63 million tuned in for the event according to the overnights figures, over a million less than the overnights for Fedor Vs Rogers last year.

More info and stats comparison with previous MMA events on CBS are in the article below...

Strikeforce: Nashville TV Ratings Are Poor

I'd say that's about expected. Kimbo was the difference. UFC wouldn't do much better if they were on national TV.

no i dont think the ufc would do very good on the regular networks. ufc was genius when they came out with the TUF. I have been a fan of ufc since the very beginning. I own over half of them on dvd. I couldnt get my girlfriend to watch it with me. Then along comes TUF show well she has been hooked ever since.

UFC ppv by rates are almost always over 500 000 (many in the 600 000 range as well). UFC 112 was 525 000. UFC 100 was 1.6 million buys and was the biggest PPV event (of any ppvs of any sports movies etc) in 2009.

SO ya... Strikeforces viewing numbers for a free event are much more lackluster. TuF 10's premiere was 4.1 million. Twice what Strikeforces actual event was.

Archived