Jason miller speaking about brawl video

vasile

"Miller made a bad judgement call"

And OJ lost his temper.

Yeah...getting in a cage and telling someone you want to fight for the title is totally comparable to murdering your ex wife and her new lover.

"Sticks and stones may break my bones but words - well you might as well MURDER someone."

Miller was being an ****. No one can deny that. And what he did was wrong; wrong time & wrong place. But let's not blow this too far out of proportion.

Yeah...getting in a cage and telling someone you want to fight for the title is totally comparable to murdering your ex wife and her new lover.

"Sticks and stones may break my bones but words - well you might as well MURDER someone."

Miller was being an ****. No one can deny that. And what he did was wrong; wrong time & wrong place. But let's not blow this too far out of proportion.

Miller wasn't being an ****...the sooner you figure that out the better off youll be.

"Miller made a bad judgement call"

And OJ lost his temper.

That is the stupidest post I've ever seen on this forum...and that's saying A LOT! Mayhem was being himself. He likes to act crazy & it gets the fans hyped up for the fights. He went in with a smile on his face & just asked if he could get a rematch. Granted, he should have waited for the interview to be over, but it absolutely did NOT warrant getting jumped by everyone in Jake's camp. What a bunch of classless losers to act so unprofessionally! I was really impressed with Jake, but after seeing that this is who he surrounds himself with, I hope he loses that belt soon! The Diaz brothers are two of the worst guys for this sport! What a couple of classless ****bags!!! I hope they each get kicked out of their organizations. Go back to living like the white trash they are and get stoned all day!!!

I have a hunch that the whole thing was planned out. They are turning MMA into WWE with all of this drama trying to boost ratings. They tried the same dramatic, non professional tactics when they were trying to get EliteXC off the ground. I think Hendo is starting to rethink leaving the UFC, because at the end of the day money cannot replace honor, and it's hard to be honorable in a circus act.

really, if you put all your adoration aside for the "mtv mma guy" mayhem, you will see that he had no business being in there in the first place. Realistically, if he would not have stepped in the ring in the first place it would have never happened. Can't you see that?

really' date=' if you put all your adoration aside for the "mtv mma guy" mayhem, you will see that he had no business being in there in the first place. Realistically, if he would not have stepped in the ring in the first place it would have never happened. Can't you see that?[/quote']

And women who dress provocatively are asking to get raped. See what I did there?

Miller did nothing wrong. People go in the cage and talk a little smack all the time.

To take it to a physical level is punkish and low class.

I agree to an extent but there is a time to talk smack. After the fight while your knuckles are still throbbing, chemicals still pumping, tention still high... that's not the time. Look at what Brock did to Mir after their second fight, does anyone say that's fine? Cause it was right along the same lines only Mayhem isnt 300lbs and someone decided to teach him some respect. Was it handled the best? Probably not. But Miller had to expect some sort of reaction along those lines. These guys are killers in there, they get the spot light once after 3months of hard training that you get slim to no credit for in the public eye. To step in and try to take that spot light? Get real.

Yes Miller should have waited a minute or two...and yes the Diaz brothers were in the wrong...but Sheilds pushed Miller first and lets not forget about Melendez getting in there too. Sheilds and Melendez were the ones that started it...the Diaz brothers just kinda went with it. You can't put all the blame on them.

Getting into someone's face in a joking manner does not warrant a jumping by four other fighters.

go attend a ufc/strikeforce/other fighting event...wait until the winner is interviewed for a moment to soak up the glory for the crowd.....then go run into the cage and interrupt that fighter, and if that doesnt warrant an **** kicking, then something is wrong

fans try to jump onstage to try to steal the show and get their **** kicked in lots of different sports. you would think after being in the sport long enough, the fighter would know better or at least have some kind of respect and wait a minute, but he didnt, which is setting a bad example for strikeforce.

whats even worse is how the announcers handled the situation. what an embarassment. 'this kind of thing happens all the time in the sport' way to promote the name of the sport.

'everybody...we are on national tv',,,,,sounds like something a dumbed out mike goldberg would say...****in wish that was rogan, instead of being offended and ashamed by crap like that, at least he would call the action 'diaz with the soccer kick....BAM RIGHT ON THE BUTTONS! now if melendez could iust elevate his hips a little and get the hooks in, he could take the back and choke him out' whatever makes for good tv, but strikeforce is doing it all wrong

if the guy interrupts the interview and cant handle a friendly push out of the way to let the guy finish, he deserves to get his **** beat simply out of ignorance. if there was more to it then that, i wouldnt know, but it looked pretty childish

go attend a ufc/strikeforce/other fighting event...wait until the winner is interviewed for a moment to soak up the glory for the crowd.....then go run into the cage and interrupt that fighter' date=' and if that doesnt warrant an **** kicking, then something is wrong

fans try to jump onstage to try to steal the show and get their **** kicked in lots of different sports. you would think after being in the sport long enough, the fighter would know better or at least have some kind of respect and wait a minute, but he didnt, which is setting a bad example for strikeforce.

whats even worse is how the announcers handled the situation. what an embarassment. 'this kind of thing happens all the time in the sport' way to promote the name of the sport.

'everybody...we are on national tv',,,,,sounds like something a dumbed out mike goldberg would say...****in wish that was rogan, instead of being offended and ashamed by crap like that, at least he would call the action 'diaz with the soccer kick....BAM RIGHT ON THE BUTTONS! now if melendez could iust elevate his hips a little and get the hooks in, he could take the back and choke him out' whatever makes for good tv, but strikeforce is doing it all wrong

if the guy interrupts the interview and cant handle a friendly push out of the way to let the guy finish, he deserves to get his **** beat simply out of ignorance. if there was more to it then that, i wouldnt know, but it looked pretty childish[/quote']

Miller handled the friendly push mine...They both laughed at it...then Melendez thought he was a tough guy and started ****..Then the Diaz Brothers thinking they are gangsta...jumped into the whole mess. Mayhem Miller did nothing wrong...Nothing. Carwin's camp never jumped Brock after the biggest fight of Carwin's career. There was no excuse for what Team**** pulled last night. Everyone says Miller wanted the spotlight...but what about Melendez and the Diaz *****es. We can argue that they wanted the spotlight too. It just kind of bugs me when people put the blame on Miller. I understand the SF Announcers said it but everyone doesn't need to follow suit. Plus the SF announcers are all trash anyways. The fights would probably be better if announced by 5 year olds.

Miller handled the friendly push mine...They both laughed at it...then Melendez thought he was a tough guy and started ****..Then the Diaz Brothers thinking they are gangsta...jumped into the whole mess. Mayhem Miller did nothing wrong...Nothing. Carwin's camp never jumped Brock after the biggest fight of Carwin's career. There was no excuse for what Team**** pulled last night. Everyone says Miller wanted the spotlight...but what about Melendez and the Diaz *****es. We can argue that they wanted the spotlight too. It just kind of bugs me when people put the blame on Miller.

I'm not putting all the blame on Miller. It was wrong on so many levels the blame is all over the place. But none of it would have happened if Miller didn't stick his nose into a post fight interview that he wasn't even a part of. When was the last time a fighter (uninvited) came to the mic after a post fight short of being a translator? He had no reason. Had the owner of strikeforce welcomed him to the Mic for a little promo action, fine. But to come in on your own and try to take over the octagon which you did not just earn, isn't just at all. Calling the Diaz brothers "*****es" and putting the blame on them is kind of being hypocritical isn't it? Considering you are making a point that everyone is blaming Miller? The guy you train with for months on end, the guy you sweat, bleed, even cry with is in danger. It's no longer a sport after that bell rings. Are you just gunna stand there and let **** unfold? If you say yes then you sir, are the *****. You stick up for your own no matter if it's right or wrong. That's how family works.

At what point in the video is there any semblance of Shields being in "danger"?

About the point where 12 guys collapse around him with fists and feet flying. Anywhere there are trained fighters in a small enclosed space brawling, it gets kinda dangerous. Was Shields the only one in danger? Nope. I would say Mayhem was the most in danger. But as far as I can tell that just means Mayhem needs better friends. Were was his help when he was getting beat down? Atleast a friend to toss people off of you? Poor guy.

About the point where 12 guys collapse around him with fists and feet flying. Anywhere there are trained fighters in a small enclosed space brawling' date=' it gets kinda dangerous. Was Shields the only one in danger? Nope. I would say Mayhem was the most in danger. But as far as I can tell that just means Mayhem needs better friends. Were was his help when he was getting beat down? Atleast a friend to toss people off of you? Poor guy.[/quote']

You're contradicting yourself. The events unfolding which you spoke about in a previous post are caused by Shield's own camp. So there was nothing before their jumping of Miller to be worried about.

You're contradicting yourself. The events unfolding which you spoke about in a previous post are caused by Shield's own camp. So there was nothing before their jumping of Miller to be worried about.

Had Miller not wandered on over to the Mic to interrupt the first line of Shield's victory interview, would he have got pushed? Would the Diaz brothers just randomly went over to Mayhem and just tackled him to the ground and started smacking the **** out of him? Nope. Shield's camp didn't act, they reacted. If Mayhem's action wouldn't have ever happened, neither would the reaction. I guess I miss how it's his camps fault. I wonder if Nick went over and whispered in his ear "hey, go over there and talk ****, it will be fun" just so he had an excuse to jump on him. Yeah, makes sense.

Had Miller not wandered on over to the Mic to interrupt the first line of Shield's victory interview' date=' would he have got pushed? Would the Diaz brothers just randomly went over to Mayhem and just tackled him to the ground and started smacking the **** out of him? Nope. Shield's camp didn't act, they reacted. If Mayhem's action wouldn't have ever happened, neither would the reaction. I guess I miss how it's his camps fault. I wonder if Nick went over and whispered in his ear "hey, go over there and talk ****, it will be fun" just so he had an excuse to jump on him. Yeah, makes sense.[/quote']

Ok so committing criminal assault on someone who isn't even trash talking...simply asking about a rematch with a SMILE on his face is ok? Yeah, makes sense to me too. Next time someone trash talks me I'll beat the crap out of them and when the cops arrest me I'll tell them you said it's ok.

miller had no business even coming into the octagon. nobody invited him in and there was absolutely no reason to interrupt the show other than to try to steal the spotlight.

i guess it worked because after a night of spectacular upsets, instead of everybody talking about that grueling domination over henderson, and mousassi, now the talk and spotlight is all on jason miller and those kindergarten antics.

Of course he's going to smile and laugh about if afterwords. he's a ****r. he's still obviously not over his loss, and when that fighter goes and dominates another legend of the sport (something miller will never be able to do) he has to walk in uninvited and spoil the moment he has to soak up the victory and give his comments. typical **** move right there

so what does that show about the professionalism and the class of strikeforce and its fighters?

Ok so committing criminal assault on someone who isn't even trash talking...simply asking about a rematch with a SMILE on his face is ok? Yeah' date=' makes sense to me too. Next time someone trash talks me I'll beat the crap out of them and when the cops arrest me I'll tell them you said it's ok.[/quote']

You are taking this a little extreme and looking at it from an odd view so I will try to clear it up for you. It's not like this was a local rally at your town hall. This was not a public demonstration, this was a sporting event. When David Akers attacked a bench, did he get thrown in jail? When a dugout gets cleared when a batter charges the mound, does anyone go to jail ever? No. Why? Because a bad choice leads to a bad choice leads to more bad choices. Now what is more important? The first bad choice, or the worst bad choice? I guess that is up for you to decide. But in my eyes had the first bad choice not occured, the worse bad choice wouldn't have either. If you want to go around throwing lawsuits out there how about inciting a riot? I think that has just about as much chance to fly as the "criminal assult".

-Side note: Most judges throw the case out on street fights if they were mutual and not heinous. Ex: Johnny says he's gunna kick the **** out of Billy. Billy says no way dude, I will lay you out, kid. Johnny takes a poke at Billy and Billy drops his ****. Johnny takes Billy to court judge says, "You were in a fight that you started, you lost. Learn something. Goodbye"

Ok so committing criminal assault on someone who isn't even trash talking...simply asking about a rematch with a SMILE on his face is ok? Yeah' date=' makes sense to me too. Next time someone trash talks me I'll beat the crap out of them and when the cops arrest me I'll tell them you said it's ok.[/quote']

Thank You!! Mayhem Miller had a SMILE on his face. Jake shields and Miller gave each other a friendly push. Team Fights Like Girls were on the rag last night. I dunno...Im pretty sure if someone walked up to my friend with a smile on his face and gave him a friendly push I wouldn't jump the guy. That is like jumping someone because they looked at you. I mean give me a break. Also how do you guys know that Coker didn't tell Mayhem to jump in the ring to promote the rematch. I am pretty sure none of you guys are related to Scott Coker so how on earth would you know if he told Mayhem to jump in the cage or not. You don't...You are just assuming...Probably because you have a biased dislike towards Miller. I think the funniest thing i have heard in this thread was CF saying "Jake Shields was in danger". Guys I was at a bar last night surrounded by people....I must have been in danger...What a laugh.

You are taking this a little extreme and looking at it from an odd view so I will try to clear it up for you. It's not like this was a local rally at your town hall. This was not a public demonstration' date=' this was a sporting event. When David Akers attacked a bench, did he get thrown in jail? When a dugout gets cleared when a batter charges the mound, does anyone go to jail ever? No. Why? Because a bad choice leads to a bad choice leads to more bad choices. Now what is more important? The first bad choice, or the worst bad choice? I guess that is up for you to decide. But in my eyes had the first bad choice not occured, the worse bad choice wouldn't have either. If you want to go around throwing lawsuits out there how about inciting a riot? I think that has just about as much chance to fly as the "criminal assult".

-Side note: Most judges throw the case out on street fights if they were mutual and not heinous. Ex: Johnny says he's gunna kick the **** out of Billy. Billy says no way dude, I will lay you out, kid. Johnny takes a poke at Billy and Billy drops his ****. Johnny takes Billy to court judge says, "You were in a fight that you started, you lost. Learn something. Goodbye"[/quote']

I completely agree with you on the point you just made. I've never stated that what Miller did wasn't in poor taste. I did say he was just being typical Miller and a goof. But no that does not excuse his first poor choice which in point of fact "did" set off the worst poor choice made by Shield's camp to attack him. Personally I believe that two people can go back and forth all day ragging on each other but the first to lay hands is the person more at fault for an altercation. Does this absolve Jason Miller from his act of selfishness? Not in the least bit. Does this give the Shields camp ample reason to attack him? In my opinion no. I've taught all four of my sons that it's ok to walk away from a fight and never to start one, but if someone lays hands on them it's up to them to decide where they take it from there. I guess I'm just looking at this whole thing from that mindset. I guess you and I can agree to disagree where the most blame should be laid. No harm in that.

Were the guys in the bar around you pissed off MMA fighters throwing punches and kicks? Cause if so I would vote yes' date=' a bit of danger.[/quote']

Pretty sure the only ones throwing punches and kicks was Shields' camp. So are you implying that Shields was in danger because of his own camp? Now that just wouldn't make sense. Try again.

I completely agree with you on the point you just made. I've never stated that what Miller did wasn't in poor taste. I did say he was just being typical Miller and a goof. But no that does not excuse his first poor choice which in point of fact "did" set off the worst poor choice made by Shield's camp to attack him. Personally I believe that two people can go back and forth all day ragging on each other but the first to lay hands is the person more at fault for an altercation. Does this absolve Jason Miller from his act of selfishness? Not in the least bit. Does this give the Shields camp ample reason to attack him? In my opinion no. I've taught all four of my sons that it's ok to walk away from a fight and never to start one' date=' but if someone lays hands on them it's up to them to decide where they take it from there. I guess I'm just looking at this whole thing from that mindset. I guess you and I can agree to disagree where the most blame should be laid. No harm in that.[/quote']

I can deal with that. lol. Yeah I am not saying that what Shields' side did was right at all either. I guess I was just using this particular forum to vent about all of the forums on this subject. Including how Nate should be kicked out of the UFC. Give me a break.

Also I am going to add' date=' when Shields is gettin pulled out of the cluster****, he doesn't have the "why did you guys jump on him" look on his face. He had the "let me go cause I owe someone a good left in there" face. I don't think the push was as friendly as you are making it out to be.[/quote']

I don't want to be the one to break this to you but Shields and Miller are friends...well probably not anymore...but they were good friends. Miller came into the cage to hype up a rematch and congratulate his buddy...and he got jumped for it.

Pretty sure the only ones throwing punches and kicks was Shields' camp. So are you implying that Shields was in danger because of his own camp? Now that just wouldn't make sense. Try again.

Look closer cause not all 20 guys in the Octogon are from Cesar Gracie. Even Mayhem was throwin some hooks lol.

Archived