LOTS of people to blame for Strikefarce brawl

forgivemyhonesty

Jason "Mayhem" Miller: he should shoulder the LEAST of the blame. it was inappropriate timing, but all he did was ask for a rematch. "when do i get my rematch buddy?" he wasn't even being verbally aggressive

Gilbert Melendez: he was the first to jump on Miller. i saw him step aside once sh!t really hit the fan, but he ultimately instigated the physical retaliation.

Jake Shields: as soon as Melendez was in Miller's face, Jake was all over him with punches.

Nick Diaz: this is where Big D jumps in. throwing punches with Shields. from the looks of it,

Cesar Gracie fight team: at this point, the rest of these guys are swarming on Mayhem to the point where Miller's only defense is to turtle on the ground. Nick has his back and is throwing punches.

Nate Diaz: enter Little D. up until this point, it looks like Nate has been present and in the mix but not doing a whole lot. but now i'm seeing kicks to a man who's down and already covered in a lot of guys.

Gus Johnson: "sometimes these things happen in MMA" NO THEY DON'T! don't make excuses for these idiots by generalizing everyone in the sport. with all the personalities and egos in the UFC, this doesn't happen.

naturally, Strikeforce will roll over on Miller. With 3 of their champions involved in this debacle, it would be extremely detrimental to Strikeforce's image to discipline them.

Punishment: one at a time, they all face Shane Carwin and Anderson Silva in a handicap tag team match. Dan Miragliotta will be reffing. Except Gus... that match will be No DQ. pooooor Gus.

just saw it' date=' LOL...

good fights though right?[/quote']

What fights were you watching?

Mo looked like the only thing he knows is how to gas and do a take down.

GeGard looked horrible, not sure what the hell was on with him last night. But the fact he did more damage than the winner, from his back no less makes me seriously wonder how big take downs are scored.

Aoki looked like he has never fought a pro fight before.

Shields looked out cold after the first punch and recovered when his face hit the mat. Match continued and Hendo looked like he was 60 years old. He mentioned back issues but if they were that bad he should not have even fought. Add in shields punches that looked softer than my daughter could throw. I seriously think my daughter had a better chance of GNPing Hendo than Shields.

The brawl after showed why the Diaz brothers are just little punks. Gracie team looked like a gang of 12 year olds.

The event was a huge disappointment for the names and 3 title fights.

None of them shy of Melendaz fought to their caliber.

I will be surprised if that brawl does not ripple outwards in other ways. Places trying to sanction MMA will have a harder fight now, politicians will use it as a poster child for why MMA is just a street fight of thugs. CBS may cut their fight night depending on their views, but I can tell you the FCC will be on their **** for not cutting away.

I laughed at the brawl, but the whole event was disappointing to say the least.

What fights were you watching?

Mo looked like the only thing he knows is how to gas and do a take down.

GeGard looked horrible' date=' not sure what the hell was on with him last night. But the fact he did more damage than the winner, from his back no less makes me seriously wonder how big take downs are scored.

Aoki looked like he has never fought a pro fight before.

Shields looked out cold after the first punch and recovered when his face hit the mat. Match continued and Hendo looked like he was 60 years old. He mentioned back issues but if they were that bad he should not have even fought. Add in shields punches that looked softer than my daughter could throw. I seriously think my daughter had a better chance of GNPing Hendo than Shields.

The brawl after showed why the Diaz brothers are just little punks. Gracie team looked like a gang of 12 year olds.

The event was a huge disappointment for the names and 3 title fights.

None of them shy of Melendaz fought to their caliber.

I will be surprised if that brawl does not ripple outwards in other ways. Places trying to sanction MMA will have a harder fight now, politicians will use it as a poster child for why MMA is just a street fight of thugs. CBS may cut their fight night depending on their views, but I can tell you the FCC will be on their **** for not cutting away.

I laughed at the brawl, but the whole event was disappointing to say the least.[/quote']

Couldnt say it any better! what the hell were you watching? the only good fight was the 6 on 1 at the end of the promotion... what a joke!

Jason "Mayhem" Miller: he should shoulder the LEAST of the blame. it was inappropriate timing' date=' but all he did was ask for a rematch. "when do i get my rematch buddy?" he wasn't even being verbally aggressive

Gilbert Melendez: he was the first to jump on Miller. i saw him step aside once sh!t really hit the fan, but he ultimately instigated the physical retaliation.

Jake Shields: as soon as Melendez was in Miller's face, Jake was all over him with punches.

Nick Diaz: this is where Big D jumps in. throwing punches with Shields. from the looks of it,

Cesar Gracie fight team: at this point, the rest of these guys are swarming on Mayhem to the point where Miller's only defense is to turtle on the ground. Nick has his back and is throwing punches.

Nate Diaz: enter Little D. up until this point, it looks like Nate has been present and in the mix but not doing a whole lot. but now i'm seeing kicks to a man who's down and already covered in a lot of guys.

Gus Johnson: "sometimes these things happen in MMA" NO THEY DON'T! don't make excuses for these idiots by generalizing everyone in the sport. with all the personalities and egos in the UFC, this doesn't happen.

naturally, Strikeforce will roll over on Miller. With 3 of their champions involved in this debacle, it would be extremely detrimental to Strikeforce's image to discipline them.

Punishment: one at a time, they all face Shane Carwin and Anderson Silva in a handicap tag team match. Dan Miragliotta will be reffing. Except Gus... that match will be No DQ. pooooor Gus.[/quote']

Are you kidding me. Mayhem is the only one to blame. Thats is very disrespectful to interrupt his speech after a win like that, He shouldn't even have been in the ring!! He just had to get his 5 seconds of fame and he got it!!

Jason "Mayhem" Miller: he should shoulder the LEAST of the blame. it was inappropriate timing' date=' but all he did was ask for a rematch. "when do i get my rematch buddy?" he wasn't even being verbally aggressive

Punishment: one at a time, they all face Shane Carwin and Anderson Silva in a handicap tag team match. Dan Miragliotta will be reffing. Except Gus... that match will be No DQ. pooooor Gus.[/quote']

Actually this kind of thing has happened in the UFC. See Tank Abbott vs. Cabbage

Are you kidding me. Mayhem is the only one to blame. Thats is very disrespectful to interrupt his speech after a win like that' date=' He shouldn't even have been in the ring!! He just had to get his 5 seconds of fame and he got it!![/quote']

+1

Nothing would have happened had Miller not decided to keep his mouth shut and stay out of the cage. It's not like anyone told him to go in there and cut Shields off after his huge upset win

Are you kidding me. Mayhem is the only one to blame. Thats is very disrespectful to interrupt his speech after a win like that' date=' He shouldn't even have been in the ring!! He just had to get his 5 seconds of fame and he got it!![/quote']

So if sum guy comes and asks for a remach after your fight it's ok to gang him up?

Who cares? This happens in all sports. It was fun to watch, as if people don't watch Hockey for the brawls. But you guys are MMA fans... Too grown up for these unprofessional brawls, they're athletes, it's nothing new, it happened in Hockey, Baseball and Football. Big deal.

I guess every Hockey Brawl' date=' and every Baseball Brawl makes people turn away from the sport as well, and makes the sport look horrid.[/quote']

The difference being Baseball and Hockey haven't been likened to human **** fighting. MMA is still trying to define itself as a legitimate sport.

do everybody a favor and stop watching wwe...ITS FAKE

Seriously? This was a staged stunt to generate interest in Strikeforce. The fact that they went to commercial and came back to replay this "brawl" only proves my point. This was a poor attempt to spark some interest and it will backfire because it makes the sport and the fighters look barbaric and ignorant. I have been trying to give SF a chance, but the WWE like antics are turning me away.

i doubt its staged. some people are just hotheads. if henderson won none of this crap would have happened but obviously miller is still not over his title loss, and had to ruin the moment for jake shields all for the sake of his ego

he obviously wants a rematch but that's not the way to go about it and i don't foresee it happening any time in the near future

The Athletic commision and strikeforce officials never should have allowed him in the cage.

Pretty sure most of the Cesar Gracie team shouldnt have been in there either. I think you need a cornerman's license (which they only allow 3 per fighter) to get into the cage post-fight for the specific fight they are cornering.

Archived