less is more -fight cards.

tatersalad

maybe if the ufc doesnt have 2-3 fights a month the cards wouldnt seem a little weak....dont get me wrong the 2 main card fights are great but....seems to fall of towards the middle to prelims.....i have been to 4 ufc events and it seems as thou the cards are falling....is this because of the amount of cards a month?....i have looked at the upcoming cards n wouldnt go to any,(n i was planning on taking my son too)....main card is great but the others are filler....id like to see more cards like ufc 100 even if that means fewer cards.....more likely to see cards live thatway....its almost like the ufc banks on the main card to get u in the seatn the rest is just thrown together to fill up a card.....is it out of the question to see 4-5 great matchups?...i dont think so...cmon....there is only one card coming up like this, i forgot the # thou....i think its daley/kos card ...any thoughts?

.i have looked at the upcoming cards n wouldnt go to any' date='(n i was planning on taking my son too)....main card is great but the others are filler....id like to see more cards like ufc 100 even if that means fewer cards.....[/quote']

I've been saying this since UFC 100. In fact, I predicted that they would be crap and even started a thread about it. Most of the events have been crap starting on paper. UFC 100 and the Machida/Evans/Sho Gun ones were the only ones that really peaked a lot of interest IMO;

maybe if the ufc doesnt have 2-3 fights a month the cards wouldnt seem a little weak....dont get me wrong the 2 main card fights are great but....seems to fall of towards the middle to prelims.....i have been to 4 ufc events and it seems as thou the cards are falling....is this because of the amount of cards a month?....i have looked at the upcoming cards n wouldnt go to any' date='(n i was planning on taking my son too)....main card is great but the others are filler....id like to see more cards like ufc 100 even if that means fewer cards.....more likely to see cards live thatway....its almost like the ufc banks on the main card to get u in the seatn the rest is just thrown together to fill up a card.....is it out of the question to see 4-5 great matchups?...i dont think so...cmon....there is only one card coming up like this, i forgot the # thou....i think its daley/kos card ...any thoughts?[/quote']

I saw this in an interview w/ Dana White somewhere & he did agree.... But I think the reason was to become more mainstream. I do agree, they should slow It down to one a month. Or finally make a deal with espn.

i dissagree i think the ufc should b putting on more fight cards with elite xc, pride, IFL, and higher weight classes for the wec no longer around the ufc has taken so many more fighters that if they had fewer fight cards the big name guys wouldint get to fight as often not to mention all of the up and comers

maybe if the ufc doesnt have 2-3 fights a month the cards wouldnt seem a little weak....dont get me wrong the 2 main card fights are great but....seems to fall of towards the middle to prelims.....i have been to 4 ufc events and it seems as thou the cards are falling....is this because of the amount of cards a month?....i have looked at the upcoming cards n wouldnt go to any' date='(n i was planning on taking my son too)....main card is great but the others are filler....id like to see more cards like ufc 100 even if that means fewer cards.....more likely to see cards live thatway....its almost like the ufc banks on the main card to get u in the seatn the rest is just thrown together to fill up a card.....is it out of the question to see 4-5 great matchups?...i dont think so...cmon....there is only one card coming up like this, i forgot the # thou....i think its daley/kos card ...any thoughts?[/quote']

I've been saying this since UFC 100. In fact' date=' I predicted that they would be crap and even started a thread about it. Most of the events have been crap starting on paper. UFC 100 and the Machida/Evans/Sho Gun ones were the only ones that really peaked a lot of interest IMO;[/quote']

Here is an example of spoiled UFC fans. UFC 100 wasn't even that good...But I suppose for spoiled fans it was...since there was lots of big names on that card.

Here is an example of spoiled UFC fans. UFC 100 wasn't even that good...But I suppose for spoiled fans it was...since there was lots of big names on that card.

Completely agree. 100 had a few good fights but there have been events since then that I would much rather watching.

there are too many fighters to cut down on how often UFC hold an event. If they was to cut down on the cards then a lot of the lesser skilled fighters would have to be dropped to WEC or something and the top ranked fighters stay at UFC which would provide very good fight cards - "big names" are not excluded, if they arent top 10 then they would have to be cut too

main card is great but the others are filler...any thoughts?

Think about a boxing card...when was the last time you watched a boxing PPV for more than just the main event? Yes this is MMA, and the fact that there are so many fights makes it better for the undercard fighters. Why? Because you get more acquainted with these lesser known fighters quicker. This makes the entire card more interesting, since you're more likely to have seen these guys fight before.

Am I the only one looking forward to both 113 and 114 (and WEC as well). I think the cards are great - maybe not all of the fighters are champs, but they are all exciting to me.

Machida vs Shogun - rematch of the year. I'd think it might be a little more aggressive this time since neither fighter is going to want to go to a shaky decision (hopefully).

Koschek vs Daley - winner will most likely fight GSP next.

Stout vs Stephens - this could be a war. Both guys like to bang - Fight of the NIght or KO of the night, calling it right now.

Kimbo vs Mitrione - like him or not, I think we all want to see how much Kimbo has learned since his last fight.

Rampage vs Evans - another war. These guys hate each other and I've wanted to see them fight ever since Rampage called Evans out so long ago.

Griffin vs Lil Nog - these guys both like to strike, if it doesn't go to the ground this could be a very good fight. Even if it does go to the ground, I think it'll be a good match to watch.

Bisping vs Miller - both these guys are hungry to prove themselves. Desperation will hopefully make both compete at their best.

I do think 113 looks better on paper than 114, but 114 has at least 3 fights that could be epic battles. I don't see how anyone could hate on BOTH of these cards.

Toward the middle of 114 I really don't know enough about the fighters to know how it will all pan out. But I won't remark on it util after I see them fight - sometimes these fights on the bottom of the card turn out to be best ones of the night.

Think about a boxing card...when was the last time you watched a boxing PPV for more than just the main event? Yes this is MMA' date=' and the fact that there are so many fights makes it better for the undercard fighters. Why? Because you get more acquainted with these lesser known fighters quicker. This makes the entire card more interesting, since you're more likely to have seen these guys fight before.[/quote']

this

Rather than wait I would rather see the same number of high quality fights and much more "lower quality" fights in between. More fights means more opportunities for contenders to rise.

Archived