Which was the better?

scotty1875

So honestly guys which event did you enjoy the most UFC 112 or Strikeforce:Nashville?

I unfortunately will have to give the nod to Strikeforce, although that melee at the end was a little embarrasing they managed to stage 2 pretty awesome main events unlike the UFC card.

the strikeforce card was horrible. 3 and a half hours for 3 fights. king mo looked barely good enough to stand, gegard looked horribel, akoi looked bad, and the main card was horrible. shields couldnt finish hendo with four rounds being in the mount. atleast on the ufc there were good fights like; munoz vs grove, dos anojs vs etim, penn vs edgar. srikeforce is the minor leagues for mma

the strikeforce card was horrible. 3 and a half hours for 3 fights. king mo looked barely good enough to stand' date=' gegard looked horribel, akoi looked bad, and the main card was horrible. shields couldnt finish hendo with four rounds being in the mount. atleast on the ufc there were good fights like; munoz vs grove, dos anojs vs etim, penn vs edgar. srikeforce is the minor leagues for mma[/quote']

GSP had Hardy in the mount for 5 and couldnt finish but the 'purists' will have you believe that it was still an awesome performance,!

GSP had Hardy in the mount for 5 and couldnt finish but the 'purists' will have you believe that it was still an awesome performance' date='![/quote']

Actually I would call it boring crap just the same as I call shield's game. Any fighter with halfway decent punching skills (including gsp even) would have finished that fight given the same position that Shields had for 4 rounds.

lol like it was even a competition. The 3 main fights in strikeforce were boring and all would've been finished in UFC....at least GSP goes for submissions...

I too voted UFC and think the UFC is, by a fair margin, the superior brand. But if these 3 fights were in the UFC they would have ended the exact same way. Fighters make fights. Would Shields have miraculously found some power and finished of Hendo because he was inspired when he looked up and saw a UFC banner, had this fight taken place in the UFC? I doubt it.

GSP had Hardy in the mount for 5 and couldnt finish but the 'purists' will have you believe that it was still an awesome performance' date='![/quote']

just let it go man..hardy's overrated, and hes not moving into your house to live out the rest of your lives in marital bliss.

lol like it was even a competition. The 3 main fights in strikeforce were boring and all would've been finished in UFC....at least GSP goes for submissions...

Disagree 100% I thought the final 2 fights in Strikeforce were a great watch, unlike the A.Silva debacle in 112!

the strikeforce card was horrible. 3 and a half hours for 3 fights. King mo looked barely good enough to stand' date=' gegard looked horribel, akoi looked bad, and the main card was horrible. Shields couldnt finish hendo with four rounds being in the mount. Atleast on the ufc there were good fights like; munoz vs grove, dos anojs vs etim, penn vs edgar. Srikeforce is the minor leagues for mma[/quote']

agree!!

just let it go man..hardy's overrated' date=' and hes not moving into your house to live out the rest of your lives in marital bliss.[/quote']

Get over yourself, that response had FA to do with being up Hardys ****, if you actually read the thread I was replying to the guy moaning about Shields wrestling and was merely pointing out that the guy did a hell of a lot more work than GSP did, but it doesnt seem to matter what GSP does it will always be awesome to the hoardes of people on these forums that don those rose tinted spectacles.

Why u lie to urself like this ? It was 20 minutes on the ground , 5 minute in stand up .

GSP mount hardy 1 time it think ?

So honestly guys which event did you enjoy the most UFC 112 or Strikeforce:Nashville?

I unfortunately will have to give the nod to Strikeforce' date=' although that melee at the end was a little embarrasing they managed to stage 2 pretty awesome main events unlike the UFC card.[/quote']

Neither was really good as anticipated, but Srike Force was better between the two.

Disagree 100% I thought the final 2 fights in Strikeforce were a great watch' date=' unlike the A.Silva debacle in 112![/quote']

Agree - Dont see how UFC can run away with it like that - obviously UFC fans only voting.

The only thing that was annoying was in the UK 2 fights in 2hrs but the King Mo and Shields fights were good. If the Shields fight was in the UFC everyone would be calling it 'A Classic'.

ufc 112 was better because strikeforce showed 2 of my fav fighters losing. Also no one finished a fight. I would have thought Shields would have stopped the fight considering he mounted Hendo in every round excluding round 1. Also, I didn't want to see Gegard lose like the way he had lost. He had no sense of urgency.

Strikeforce had the potential to be fantastic, but just ended up being 3 dull, one-sided decisions. King Mo just lay on Mousasi for 5 rounds. Aoki was absolutely useless once he realised he couldn't get the fight to the ground. And Hendo showed a complete frailty when it came to fighting off his back.

The UFC 112 main event sucked. But there was some good fights on that card, which I enjoyed far more than Strikforce.

I unfortunately will have to give the nod to Strikeforce' date=' although that melee at the end was a little embarrasing they managed to stage 2 pretty awesome main events unlike the UFC card.[/quote']

Watching a strikeforce event is like watching the old WCW....they try too hard to make it work! I mean interviewing a fighter just before they ring walk....i was half expecting Shields to come out of no where with a steel chair and bring his own referee so he can pin hendo for the 123.....!

Archived