Shogun - Greatest

Komodo

Mauricio ?Shogun? Rua is one of the greatest light heavyweight fighters in the world. Prior to the first Lyoto Machida fight, Shogun was also one of the most underrated light heavyweight fighters in the sport. Shogun began his career running through everyone in the Pride organization. This is a man whom has torn through and dismantled opponents such as Ricardo Arona, Kevin Randleman, Little Nog (very close and entertaining fight) and Quinton ?Rampage? Jackson in his Pride days. He came out of one of the best camps during that time, Chute Box, which included fighters such as Anderson Silva and Wanderlei Silva. If not for his close friend Wanderlei holding the Pride title, Shogun would have easily been champion.

Before coming into the UFC, Shogun Rua underwent two back-to-back knee surgeries. This kept him out of the fight game for almost two years. Combined with this included adjustment to UFC rules which did not contain some Pride rules such as knees to the head of a downed opponents and soccer kicks. Shogun?s first fight was against none other then gym rat and cardio freak, Forest Griffin. Shogun was able to demonstrate some of his striking and some ground work even though he was limited with his cardio.

If a Griffin Shogun rematch where to be set up in the future, I guarantee you, Shogun would not lose this fight.

Shoguns next fight included Hall of Famer, Mark Coleman, where Shogun again demonstrated lackluster cardio. He was still making his way to the old Shogun and finally at UFC 97, he arrived. With a first round knockout over Hall of Famer and MMA Legend, Chuck ?The Iceman? Liddell, Shogun rocketed to the top of his division and finally allowed for fans to take notice of his ability.

The first Lyoto Machida fight allowed for many people to jump the Shogun bandwagon. I expect amounts of Lyoto fans to post here and defend their fake champion. If there is one thing I wish to make clear to them it is this. On May 8th, 2010, Mauricio ?Shogun? Rua will be the official light heavyweight champion of the world.

Shogun is a super hero. I absolutely love him as a fighter... But Machida did something utterly amazing in the sport of MMA, and I think, unfortunately, he's going to beat Shogun in the Rematch. Machida will significantly change his game, come up with an answer to the leg kicks, and go on to continue to dominate the LHW division. Shogun will lose, and go back down into the ranks and absolutely screw over everyone and anyone he fights... but he will need 4-5 fights to get a spot back in the title picture.

I'm a Shogun fan. I think the upcoming Machida fight is a coin flip.

My prediction is that it goes to a decision and Rua wins by S/D.

I'd love to see Rua and Anderson Silva fight, but I like Rua's odds much less in that fight. I'd also love to see Anderson hang his jaw out with his hands on his hips like he always does, and then see Rua break his jaw with a right cross.

I'm a Shogun fan. I think the upcoming Machida fight is a coin flip.

My prediction is that it goes to a decision and Rua wins by S/D.

I'd love to see Rua and Anderson Silva fight' date=' but I like Rua's odds much less in that fight. I'd also love to see Anderson hang his jaw out with his hands on his hips like he always does, and then see Rua break his jaw with a right cross.[/quote']

yea im really hoping silva and rua win their next title fights. silva should have no problems fighting a chute boxer at 205

Mauricio ?Shogun? Rua is one of the greatest light heavyweight fighters in the world. Prior to the first Lyoto Machida fight' date=' Shogun was also one of the most underrated light heavyweight fighters in the sport. Shogun began his career running through everyone in the Pride organization. This is a man whom has torn through and dismantled opponents such as Ricardo Arona, Kevin Randleman, Little Nog (very close and entertaining fight) and Quinton ?Rampage? Jackson in his Pride days. He came out of one of the best camps during that time, Chute Box, which included fighters such as Anderson Silva and Wanderlei Silva. [b']If not for his close friend Wanderlei holding the Pride title, Shogun would have easily been champion.[/b]

Before coming into the UFC, Shogun Rua underwent two back-to-back knee surgeries. This kept him out of the fight game for almost two years. Combined with this included adjustment to UFC rules which did not contain some Pride rules such as knees to the head of a downed opponents and soccer kicks. Shogun?s first fight was against none other then gym rat and cardio freak, Forest Griffin. Shogun was able to demonstrate some of his striking and some ground work even though he was limited with his cardio.

If a Griffin Shogun rematch where to be set up in the future, I guarantee you, Shogun would not lose this fight.

Shoguns next fight included Hall of Famer, Mark Coleman, where Shogun again demonstrated lackluster cardio. He was still making his way to the old Shogun and finally at UFC 97, he arrived. With a first round knockout over Hall of Famer and MMA Legend, Chuck ?The Iceman? Liddell, Shogun rocketed to the top of his division and finally allowed for fans to take notice of his ability.

The first Lyoto Machida fight allowed for many people to jump the Shogun bandwagon. I expect amounts of Lyoto fans to post here and defend their fake champion. If there is one thing I wish to make clear to them it is this. On May 8th, 2010, Mauricio ?Shogun? Rua will be the official light heavyweight champion of the world.

Do you want to suck his **** or something too?

Mauricio ?Shogun? Rua is one of the greatest light heavyweight fighters in the world. Prior to the first Lyoto Machida fight' date=' Shogun was also one of the most underrated light heavyweight fighters in the sport. Shogun began his career running through everyone in the Pride organization. This is a man whom has torn through and dismantled opponents such as Ricardo Arona, Kevin Randleman, Little Nog (very close and entertaining fight) and Quinton ?Rampage? Jackson in his Pride days. He came out of one of the best camps during that time, Chute Box, which included fighters such as Anderson Silva and Wanderlei Silva. [b']If not for his close friend Wanderlei holding the Pride title, Shogun would have easily been champion.[/b]

Shogun was never out for 2 years with a back injury.

Anyone who gets choked out by Forest Griffen is a disgrace his his gender, lt alone his profession.

Great post that's exactly how it is!

Don't think the casual fans will pay attention though! They only hear what they want to hear!

Shogun was never out for 2 years with a back injury.

Anyone who gets choked out by Forest Griffen is a disgrace his his gender' date=' lt alone his profession.[/quote']

If you read again it says back to back KNEE surgeries, and you can keep talking about the forrest griffen loss all you want, because it's only a matter of time before Shogun shuts all the haters up, and this will be all you have left to bring up!

If anything, this fight will finally end all the revisionist thinking about the first fight!

1. SHOGUN DID NOT WIN!

2. THE FIGHT WAS NOT THAT GREAT!

3. THIS FIGHT HAS THE POTENTIAL TO SUCK REAL BAD WITH MACHIDA WAITING FOR HIS "PERFECT" COUNTER OPPORTUNITY.

HE HAS ONLY LOOKED REAL IMPRESSIVE AGAINST SOKOUDJOU AND EVANS.

Mauricio “Shogun” Rua is one of the greatest light heavyweight fighters in the world. Prior to the first Lyoto Machida fight' date=' Shogun was also one of the most underrated light heavyweight fighters in the sport. Shogun began his career running through everyone in the Pride organization. This is a man whom has torn through and dismantled opponents such as Ricardo Arona, Kevin Randleman, Little Nog (very close and entertaining fight) and Quinton “Rampage” Jackson in his Pride days. He came out of one of the best camps during that time, Chute Box, which included fighters such as Anderson Silva and Wanderlei Silva. [b']If not for his close friend Wanderlei holding the Pride title, Shogun would have easily been champion.[/b]

Before coming into the UFC, Shogun Rua underwent two back-to-back knee surgeries. This kept him out of the fight game for almost two years. Combined with this included adjustment to UFC rules which did not contain some Pride rules such as knees to the head of a downed opponents and soccer kicks. Shogun’s first fight was against none other then gym rat and cardio freak, Forest Griffin. Shogun was able to demonstrate some of his striking and some ground work even though he was limited with his cardio.

Shoguns next fight included Hall of Famer, Mark Coleman, where Shogun again demonstrated lackluster cardio. He was still making his way to the old Shogun and finally at UFC 97, he arrived. With a first round knockout over Hall of Famer and MMA Legend, Chuck “The Iceman” Liddell, Shogun rocketed to the top of his division and finally allowed for fans to take notice of his ability.

The first Lyoto Machida fight allowed for many people to jump the Shogun bandwagon. I expect amounts of Lyoto fans to post here and defend their fake champion. If there is one thing I wish to make clear to them it is this. On May 8th, 2010, Mauricio “Shogun” Rua will be the official light heavyweight champion of the world.

no the fight is going to go exactly as it did last time only this time shoguns going to be on his back every time he throws a kick thanks for commin out kid, i was going to say good read untill u started insulting lyoto

no the fight is going to go exactly as it did last time only this time shoguns going to be on his back every time he throws a kick thanks for commin out kid' date=' i was going to say good read untill u started insulting lyoto[/quote']

Lyoto doesnt want to sit there and play ju jitsu with shogun, are u crazy, theres a reason why Lyoto never let that fight hit the ground in the 1st place. Rua is active as hell on the ground, very risky move by Lyoto if he takes ur advice. Only way I see it if hes getting tore up standing, I could see him go 4 some takedowns but not much gnp.

Lyoto doesnt want to sit there and play ju jitsu with shogun' date=' are u crazy, theres a reason why Lyoto never let that fight hit the ground in the 1st place. Rua is active as hell on the ground, very risky move by Lyoto if he takes ur advice. Only way I see it if hes getting tore up standing, I could see him go 4 some takedowns but not much gnp.[/quote']

no u miss what im saying im not saying he has to play jujitzu with him all he has to do is put him on his back hand strike him like he has dont with Tito ortiz, sokachu

If you read again it says back to back KNEE surgeries' date=' and you can keep talking about the forrest griffen loss all you want, because it's only a matter of time before Shogun shuts all the haters up, and this will be all you have left to bring up![/quote']

Knee - back - whatever.

He was never out for two years.

7 months between his Overeem fight and his Griffen disgrace.

' splain that, Lucy.

no u miss what im saying im not saying he has to play jujitzu with him all he has to do is put him on his back hand strike him like he has dont with Tito ortiz' date=' sokachu

Well I guess u didnt, I kinda implied it, that is both there disiplines on the ground. Your pretty much the 1st person to say what Lyoto would do to combat Ruas kicks, everybody says Lyotos going to come much better prepared but they never say what hes going to do. Trying to catch a powerful Muay thai kick is pretty risky in it self, Machida doesnt take risks like that.

Well I guess u didnt' date=' I kinda implied it, that is both there disiplines on the ground. Your pretty much the 1st person to say what Lyoto would do to combat Ruas kicks, everybody says Lyotos going to come much better prepared but they never say what hes going to do. Trying to catch a powerful Muay thai kick is pretty risky in it self, [b']Machida doesnt take risks like that.[/b]

i just can't see him having much more of a choice can you?

Knee - back - whatever.

He was never out for two years.

7 months between his Overeem fight and his Griffen disgrace.

' splain that' date=' Lucy.[/quote']

He hurt his knee in training leading up to Griffen and couldnt train properly or would take time off of training leading up to the fight, he should had pulled out of the fight but ufc bribed him with good money and offered to pay for his opperation. Torn his acl during the fight with Griffen, got his surgery done then torn it again in training. u see the gap with his debute in ufc to the showdown with coleman, ufc 76-ufc93.

He hurt his knee in training leading up to Griffen and couldnt train properly or would take time off of training leading up to the fight' date=' he should had pulled out of the fight but ufc bribed him with good money and offered to pay for his opperation. Torn his acl during the fight with Griffen, got his surgery done then torn it again in training. u see the gap with his debute in ufc to the showdown with coleman, ufc 76-ufc93.[/quote']

Yes thats what I thought.

The thing about slowgun being out for 2 years is complete BS.

i just can't see him having much more of a choice can you?

Well I guess he would have to take risks with som1 that found a serious weakness in his game. I really dont know what he would do different. Im expecting much of the same of Lyoto and a more aggresive Shogun. If Lyoto trys other things, that takes him out of his comfort zone. Like to counter Ruas kicks, he could look 4 a perfect counter straight like in the 1st fight or put the pressure on Rua and press the action. I dont see that happening tho, and of coarse ur idea by taking Shogun down. Either way I dont see Machida being able to finish Shogun. But I think Shogun has a better chance of finishing the fight b4 decision occurs, I thought this b4 there 1st fight aswell.

Well I guess he would have to take risks with som1 that found a serious weakness in his game. I really dont know what he would do different. Im expecting much of the same of Lyoto and a more aggresive Shogun. If Lyoto trys other things' date=' that takes him out of his comfort zone. Like to counter Ruas kicks, he could look 4 a perfect counter straight like in the 1st fight or put the pressure on Rua and press the action. I dont see that happening tho, and of coarse ur idea by taking Shogun down. Either way I dont see Machida being able to finish Shogun. But I think Shogun has a better chance of finishing the fight b4 decision occurs, I thought this b4 there 1st fight aswell.[/quote']

its certainly possible

Archived