anderson silva at 170

JSMELL

Anderson has fought at 168 when his walking weight was about 20 to 25 pounds less then it is now and he was still in his late 20s not mid 30s. I honestly don't think he could make the cut properly anymore and if he did he would be so drained he would probably get fitched by fitch. Fitch has good enough wrestling to get it down and good BJJ to avoid submissions while he stays on top not willing to go for any submissions of his own because he's afraid he will give up position as well as not inflict any damage from top position.

170 is just a terrible idea for Anderson now. If GSP came up to 185 I would give Anderson a big edge but I give GSP a MASSIVE edge at 170 because unless Anderson knocked him out early GSP would take him down with ease and grind out a decision. Anderson would be completely gassed by the time the championship rounds came around at Georges pace. I doubt it will happen I think he was talking about coming down to 170 to maybe get GSP to consider a 177 or 180 catchweight non title fight.

i also think its a terrible idea for silva to drop to 70 but i read that he is considering it i also agree its to try to make george come up a bit to a catch weight im not trying to say fitch sucks im just tired of watching him fight

not the only wrestler Silva has ever fought, and if he said he can make 170 its because he can, and people forget just how crafty that cat is, and why the hell should he fight fitch if bj penn went right up to fight GSP, come on now, lets allow the spider to shut everybody up and beat up gsp, after both of their last fights either of them could get destroyed in the octagon and they would both deserve it. Lets make them fight, what the heck, if your weight class brings you no more challenges, go and find them.When shogun beats up machida maybe the spider can go up in weight and get a belt there too, can you imagine?!, if he has all three belts, no one will ever doubt his legacy or that he is the greatest eva.

Archived