Should Penn immeditaly get a rematch?

Jerkwadd562

Well i heard rumers that BJ might get a rematch right away....

I also herd that Edgar will be deffending his belt UFC 118....

Honestly i think BJ is a great fighter but he lost fair and square and i think he should have at least 2 big names before he should get a rematch...IMO

I also heard that KenFlo confirmed he was going to be on the same card...

I would like to see a rematch but he should get no exceptions he lost...

If KenFlo is going to be on the same card they should have KenFlo vs. Edgar

and BJ vs Maynard

and Maynard gets cheated out of his title shot

does anyone want to see Edgar/Maynard 2? I'm not saying he doesn't deserve his shot, I'm just thinking at it from a Dana White business stand point. the rematch will draw a much bigger PPV buy.

right i am one person that really does not like BJ Penn but the guy was champion for so long and is possibly as it stands P4P the greatest fighter in MMA of all time (as hard as it is to say) and he held that belt for a ridiculous amount of time so i do believe that he is owed a rematch i mean Shogun Rua has done **** for the UFC and he gets his so yes i do believe Penn deserves his.

Plus dont give me **** about how Rua deserves it because its boring now, plus Machida won that fight...bring on the haters

If Shogun gets a rematch' date=' so should BJ, people who think that frankie won the first fight are out of there minds, cant wait until BJ dominates frankie and shuts everyone up.[/quote']

The difference is that Shogun actually beat Machida where as Bj lost all 5 rounds to Frankie Edgar.

Once Frankie beats him again, then Penn fans will stop this stupidity.

The difference is that Shogun actually beat Machida where as Bj lost all 5 rounds to Frankie Edgar.

Once Frankie beats him again' date=' then Penn fans will stop this stupidity.[/quote']

is there anywhere i can find the fight whre Rua beats Machida??? i keep hearing about this, it even says on Machidas record he beat Rua and at the post fight Machida had the belt...someone help me.....

is there anywhere i can find the fight whre Rua beats Machida??? i keep hearing about this' date=' it even says on Machidas record he beat Rua and at the post fight Machida had the belt...someone help me.....[/quote']

Nice sarcasm. But come on... Shogun beat him up.

Once Frankie beats him again' date=' then Penn fans will stop this stupidity.[/quote']

You and the two judges who scored that fight 50-45 and 49-46 need to lay off the crack buddy.

Frankie will get demolished in the rematch, Someone PLEASE sig bet about it.

is there anywhere i can find the fight whre Rua beats Machida??? i keep hearing about this' date=' it even says on Machidas record he beat Rua and at the post fight Machida had the belt...someone help me.....[/quote']

weird huh! it's amazing how shogun won but he let lyoto keep the belt. such a good sport! oh wait, lyoto earned that belt because all shogun did was throw kicks without ever truly engaging. that's not how you come and take someone's belt

Nice sarcasm. But come on... Shogun beat him up.

to be honest man i can see why so many people say Rua won but i also seen a video online that showed how Machida won using stats and thats why i get tired of all the talk about who should of won when bottom line is Machida got the W. I also believe Machida will win by TKO next time around.

to be honest man i can see why so many people say Rua won but i also seen a video online that showed how Machida won using stats and thats why i get tired of all the talk about who should of won when bottom line is Machida got the W. I also believe Machida will win by TKO next time around.

^this

lyoto isn't going to let shogun chop away at his legs this time, he is going to counter the **** out of shogun

Penn doesn't deserve a rematch needs to work his way back up like EVERYONE else.

Thats the thing you guys fail to grasp

He isnt like "everyone else"' date=' He was the most dominant lightweight champ the UFC has ever seen and lost what many consider a tightly contested and suspiciously judged fight to one of the only men left in the division that he hasnt previously annihilated.

Hes not a contender who had his crack at the belt and lost, That fight wasnt a complete blowout in favour of Edgar so should Penn get a rematch? I think so.

Seems to me some of you guys are a little worried The Prodigy might do what we all expected him to do in the first fight.... [i']You should be.[/i]

WAR PENN!

does anyone want to see Edgar/Maynard 2? I'm not saying he doesn't deserve his shot' date=' I'm just thinking at it from a Dana White business stand point. the rematch will draw a much bigger PPV buy.[/quote']

You are absolutely right, but 7 straight wins... Exciting or not... 7 straight wins.

Thats the thing you guys fail to grasp

He isnt like "everyone else"' date=' [b']He was the most dominant lightweight champ the UFC has ever seen [/b]and lost what many consider a tightly contested and suspiciously judged fight to one of the only men left in the division that he hasnt previously annihilated.

Hes not a contender who had his crack at the belt and lost, That fight wasnt a complete blowout in favour of Edgar so should Penn get a rematch? I think so.

Seems to me some of you guys are a little worried The Prodigy might do what we all expected him to do in the first fight.... You should be.

WAR PENN!

You sir are a fool.

Yes he is.

So was Matt Hughes in the WW and he had to fight for another title shot.

So is GSP, so was Tito.... list can keep going.

No, even I had it 50-47 or 49-47 it was done right.

Maynard? Griffin, G-Sot, and many others.

Seems to me you need to stop sniffing the Koolaid and wake up and smell the real world.

You wanna bet?

Congratulations Captain Obvious, What gave it away? Jesus.... lol

BJ Penn to win the rematch, My powers of deduction lead me to believe you are backing Edgar for whatever misleaded reasons.

Do we have an accord? I will be in touch with my embarrassing homage to The Prodigy that you will have to carry for a period of 2 months or 2 PPV events, Whichever comes first.

You sir are a fool.

Yes he is.

So is GSP' date=' so was Tito.... list can keep going.

Seems to me you need to stop sniffing the Koolaid and wake up and smell the real world.[/quote']

+1

Congratulations Captain Obvious' date=' What gave it away? Jesus.... lol

BJ Penn to win the rematch, My powers of deduction lead me to believe you are backing Edgar for whatever misleaded reasons.

Do we have an accord? I will be in touch with my embarrassing homage to The Prodigy that you will have to carry for a period of 2 months or 2 PPV events, Whichever comes first.[/quote']

Frankie is going to win again. Don't worry, I will think of something for you.

You sir are a fool.

Yes he is.

So is GSP' date=' so was Tito.... list can keep going.

Seems to me you need to stop sniffing the Koolaid and wake up and smell the real world.[/quote']

Sigh here we go...

First of all comparing the current day Matt Hughes to the current day BJ Penn is just laughable, If you dont understand why then i am not going to waste my time explaining.

If GSP were to lose a highly contested matchup to a contender then i am 100% certain that he would get an immediate rematch, Its good for business as the rubber match possibility is there also and it just makes sense considering the situation in the LW and WW division as it stands.

Shogun was given an immediate rematch for having a close fight with Machida and he wasnt even the champion so why is it so outrageous to think that BJ should get one in the same situation albeit not as drastic as the fight mentioned previously?

50-47,49-47? lol I think your comprehension of the judging system or perhaps Mathematics in general is fatally flawed.... That fight was not a 5 round washout like one judge saw it or even a 4 round domination like the other judge saw it, You understand the difference dont you? Hell even i had it 48-47 to Penn with him winning the first 3, The 3rd being close.

Gray Maynard is boring and struggled to finish Nate Diaz ffs.... No.

Tyson Griffin? Edgar already beat him lol

G-Sot? He needs one more win against a top tier fighter before a title shot altho id love for him to have the belt(i live less then 30mins from where he was born, Geelong). Maybe Maynard vs G-Sot to fight the winner of the rematch?!

Many others? Such as? I can think of none that are worthy of a shot that havent already been crushed in the past.

Last but not least, I live in a country that has never even heard of Kool Aid so the possibility of me sniffing it is next to none... But nice try anyway.

NEXT!

Sigh here we go...

First of all comparing the current day Matt Hughes to the current day BJ Penn is just laughable' date=' If you dont understand why then i am not going to waste my time explaining.

If GSP were to lose a highly contested matchup to a contender then i am 100% certain that he would get an immediate rematch, Its good for business as the rubber match possibility is there also and it just makes sense considering the situation in the LW and WW division as it stands.

Shogun was given an immediate rematch for having a close fight with Machida and he wasnt even the champion so why is it so outrageous to think that BJ should get one in the same situation albeit not as drastic as the fight mentioned previously?

50-47,49-47? lol I think your comprehension of the judging system or perhaps Mathematics in general is fatally flawed.... That fight was not a 5 round washout like one judge saw it or even a 4 round domination like the other judge saw it, You understand the difference dont you? Hell even i had it 48-47 to Penn with him winning the first 3, The 3rd being close.

Gray Maynard is boring and struggled to finish Nate Diaz ffs.... No.

Tyson Griffin? Edgar already beat him lol

G-Sot? He needs one more win against a top tier fighter before a title shot altho id love for him to have the belt(i live less then 30mins from where he was born, Geelong). Maybe Maynard vs G-Sot to fight the winner of the rematch?!

Many others? Such as? I can think of none that are worthy of a shot that havent already been crushed in the past.

Last but not least, I live in a country that has never even heard of Kool Aid so the possibility of me sniffing it is next to none... But nice try anyway.

[b']NEXT![/b]

Yes Griffin lost to Edgar but it was one of the most exciting and fast paced fights I have ever seen and both fighters have greatly improved and it was also a very close fight 29-28 Edgar with Griffin locking in a knee bar with less than 20 seconds left.

Yeah thats what was supposed to happen the first time...

ehh even though he says he was 100% because he did not want to make any excuses and has never backed out of a fight due to injury... he was on anti biotics and could do no training for 3 weeks prior to the fight (including cardio) and had a slight knee injury, if you notice in between rounds they would not let him sit and made him elevate his leg.

Im not a huge BJ fan, but even i could tell that there was something wrong that night, next time around it will not be the same fight.

ehh even though he says he was 100% because he did not want to make any excuses and has never backed out of a fight due to injury... he was on anti biotics and could do no training for 3 weeks prior to the fight (including cardio) and had a slight knee injury' date=' if you notice in between rounds they would not let him sit and made him elevate his leg.

Im not a huge BJ fan, but even i could tell that there was something wrong that night, next time around it will not be the same fight.[/quote']

Only thing wrong with BJ that night....his desire to win! I have personally taken anti biotics before and they have never made me feel woozzzy or whatever the excuse is. Now if he showed up drunk, that would be a legitimate excuse(it works for every other lame excuse..but honey I was drunk). Penn felt the pressure and couldn't deal with it. He's proved it before. Once he feels a little pressure he quits, or i things aren't going his way he tucks his tail and runs or quits or lets his mental state of mind diminish. BJ Penn is a rank cur. Period!

BJ needs to go to to WWE where he will have the outcome determined for him. He won't have to depend on his heart to win. I couldn't believe he quit to GSP. He was still standing on both legs, he was still able to fight. If anything he should have showed his heart and let GSP knock him out or submit him. He would have gained more respect for doing that than to quit on both of his legs and his fans, which I am not one of. I don't like the guy at all. He has proved to be a quitter.

Archived