Strikeforce "debacle" how dare they fight on a....fighting show

Sisti

lol anyone else see the irony in this?

i think the problem is that mma is taking itself a little too seriously. dana is smart and knew that it could never go mainstream with the "bloody, no rules" image it once had.

i like that the fighters will shake hands and be friends right after the fight. oh, and also i appreciate the ART aspect of the martial arts....and i enjoy a good grappling match as much as anyone

with that being said, i think mma is lying to itself a bit. this is CAGE FIGHTING. it does entertain our most violent instincts in many levels, and is not the classiest sport in the world. we cheer to see someone get knocked unconscious or seriously hurt.

dana did a great job adding respect and a sense of sport, but let's not get on a pedastool here. the sport is FIGHTING in many aspects. while there are rules and safety precautions, it still is what it is. let's not get mad at people fighting at the end of a show....you promote a show based on fighting and it is going to encourage that behavior

Honestly i love how trained mma fighters started a brawl and didnt use a thing they learned when preparing for a fight, i find it humorous anyway.

As far as the whole bloodsport thing goes i agree with. The whole grapple(the entire fight anyways) thing does not build up the UFC as a sport. 75% of UFC fans who began watching it in the past 5-8 years were attracted to mma through brutal KOs and for that we thank you Mr. Liddell

Honestly i love how trained mma fighters started a brawl and didnt use a thing they learned when preparing for a fight' date=' i find it humorous anyway.

As far as the whole bloodsport thing goes i agree with. The whole grapple(the entire fight anyways) thing does not build up the UFC as a sport. 75% of UFC fans who began watching it in the past 5-8 years were attracted to mma through brutal KOs and for that we thank you Mr. Liddell[/quote']

haha they all just jumped him like they were initiating him into MS-13 or something.

i think the problem is that mma is taking itself a little too seriously. dana is smart and knew that it could never go mainstream with the "bloody' date=' no rules" image it once had.

i like that the fighters will shake hands and be friends right after the fight. oh, and also i appreciate the ART aspect of the martial arts....and i enjoy a good grappling match as much as anyone

with that being said, i think mma is lying to itself a bit. this is CAGE FIGHTING. it does entertain our most violent instincts in many levels, and is not the classiest sport in the world. we cheer to see someone get knocked unconscious or seriously hurt.

dana did a great job adding respect and a sense of sport, but let's not get on a pedastool here. the sport is FIGHTING in many aspects. while there are rules and safety precautions, it still is what it is. let's not get mad at people fighting at the end of a show....you promote a show based on fighting and it is going to encourage that behavior[/quote']

yep i see it, and couldn't agree more... its pretty retarded... So lets act all shocked and in disbelief because fighters were fighting at a cage fight, really how uncivilized of them... lol I think alot of people need to get their heads checked these days

You guys who agree with this are horribly off. Two guys fighting wouldn't be so terrible. Guys push each other and get into little scraps at weigh ins all the time. Even in the UFC, it's no big deal it's a fight sport and guys get pumped before a fight.

This was one guy get jumped and gang assaulted. Anybody who condones it is a joke. Nate Diaz kicking Miller in the ribs while he's being held down is a ****ing disgrace.

The coach of the Jets got fined for making an obscene jester at a Strikeforce event.

Mike Tyson got fined and a lengthy suspension for biting Holyfield...retaliation for Holyfield headbutting him multiple times.

Palhares got suspended because he supposedly held a submission a bit too long, and the ref who was AT LEAST partly responsible got off scotch free.

Now you're telling me that when five guys jump and attack one guy with the obvious intent of seriously hurting him nothing should be done because "this is a fight sport?"

GTFO.

Also, **** DW the ultimate hypocrite. Criticizing the commentator for saying "Sometimes these things happen," then saying that they never happen in the UFC, but basically condoning Nate Diaz's actions because it helped damage Strikeforce's reputation. What a POS.

i think the problem is that mma is taking itself a little too seriously. dana is smart and knew that it could never go mainstream with the "bloody' date=' no rules" image it once had.

dana did a great job adding respect and a sense of sport, but let's not get on a pedastool here. the sport is FIGHTING in many aspects. while there are rules and safety precautions, it still is what it is. let's not get mad at people fighting at the end of a show....you promote a show based on fighting and it is going to encourage that behavior[/quote']

I agree that some people take these outbursts a little too seriously and some people need to lighten up... With that said I feel the reaction to the strikeforce debacle is justified. This was a group of guys jumping one guy. Things happen before and after fights, guys mouth off to each other and start pushing, or say stupid things and flip the crowd off, but this is on a whole other level.

Archived