Aoki's creepy crab walk

2below

THIS! I thought Melendez had him finished and then Mazzagatti comes in to save Aoki's ****. Twice!

I thought Yamasaki was reffing that fight. He's a good ref but he wasn't trying to save Aoki he was trying to make him stand up and not allow him to scoot around on his **** like they let him do in Japan. I didn' necessarily agree with it because if he wants to do that he will get blasted eventually.

I was really surprised that the tactic worked in his fight against Eddie Alverez. The fight didn't even last 2 minutes and he did it the entire time and landed a heel hook eventually. I'm sure Eddie would like another shot

He always did that back in Japan.

Anyways' date=' I'm starting to think that the difference between the ring and octagon is IMMENSE now.

Anyways, it's the same move that Leites and Maia used when facing Silva. It's just that Aoki used it MUCH more.[/quote']

Good point, and it was telling that he never practiced against the cage leading up to the fight. He simply looked uncomfortable when Gil pinned him against the cage time and again.

Good point' date=' and it was telling that he never practiced against the cage leading up to the fight. He simply looked uncomfortable when Gil pinned him against the cage time and again.[/quote']

Exactly.

I was seeing the gogoplata getting set up through Aoki's rubber guard, but once he got pinned against the fence it became impossible.

He just looked lost in there.

So why did Yamasaki have a problem with Melendez's shots to Aoki while he was crabwalking toward him?

He was trying to stand Aoki up but Aoki didn't even realize or something. He was insisting on scooting forward on his ****. Somehow it worked against Eddie Alverez before in quick fashion so maybe he thought he could land another heelhook by doing it.

So why did Yamasaki have a problem with Melendez's shots to Aoki while he was crabwalking toward him?

It was kind of like he waited for the ref to be about to step in so Aoki would be off guard, then jumped.

At least, that's what I think Yamasaki was thinking.

It was kind of like he waited for the ref to be about to step in so Aoki would be off guard' date=' then jumped.

At least, that's what I think Yamasaki was thinking.[/quote']

it was just an awkward situation. no one should really get blame, it was just a little hiccup in the disaster that was Strikeforce: Nashville

He was trying to stand Aoki up but Aoki didn't even realize or something. He was insisting on scooting forward on his ****. Somehow it worked against Eddie Alverez before in quick fashion so maybe he thought he could land another heelhook by doing it.

Too bad I doubt it woulda worked without his grappling pants. =/

it was just an awkward situation. no one should really get blame' date=' it was just a little hiccup in the disaster that was Strikeforce: Nashville[/quote']

It was bad Ref'ing. Melendez didn't necessarily see him ask Aoki to get up. The ref was standing too far back and should have stepped in between them if he was going to do that. I also think the ref asked them to stand up a little early at times.

He always did that back in Japan.

Anyways' date=' I'm starting to think that the difference between the ring and octagon is IMMENSE now.

Anyways, it's the same move that Leites and Maia used when facing Silva. It's just that Aoki used it MUCH more.[/quote']

Maia, was nothing like aoki and thales, he was on the floor for no more than 2-3 seconds after failing the takedown, maia had balls to stand with Silva, as unsuccessful as it may have been.

The Ref told Aoki to stand up, he hesitated and Melendaz jumped on him and gave him a few shots.

It was a clear order to stand up and Melendaz jumped when he saw an opportunity.

He was punished for jumping in on an opponent who was supposed to be standing up. It was not a bad call.

The Ref told Aoki to stand up' date=' he hesitated and Melendaz jumped on him and gave him a few shots.

It was a clear order to stand up and Melendaz jumped when he saw an opportunity.

He was punished for jumping in on an opponent who was supposed to be standing up. It was not a bad call.[/quote']It was anything BUT a clear order to stand up, what fight were you watching? I didn't hear him say stand up or give any body language even indicating he was standing it up.

Archived