Joe Rogan on Cain Velasquez: "He is frighteningly talented."

ricoj3323

i totally agree with Rogan and will jump on his ****y of Velasquez lol. im sold on Velasquez after back to back stoppages over Rothwell and Big Nog. i know the UFC wont make this fight but i would love to see Velasquez vs. Dos Santos to see whose the ultimate heavyweight prospect. if Velasquez fights Carwin or Lesnar i do see him having a problem with their size but i wont count him out against those guys

http://www.fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Joe-Rogan-on-Cain-Velasquez-He-is-frighteningly-talented-and-frighteningly-dedicated.html

I've been saying this since his first UFC fight. I didn't think he was ready for a title shot then, but now I completely agree with him fighting the winner of Carwin vs Lesnar. I still would like too see him take on someone with submission skills (without knocking them out before it goes too the ground)

[/b]

I can't stand Cain. He's a helluva fighter' date=' [b']I just don't like him[/b]. Either Brock or Carwin will hand him his first loss, and it will be in convincing fashion. Hell, Kongo would have beat him if he ever thought about working on a little TDD.

LOL Just dont be friends with him then!!!:o

I can't stand Cain. He's a helluva fighter' date=' I just don't like him. Either Brock or Carwin will hand him his first loss, and it will be in convincing fashion. Hell, Kongo would have beat him if he ever thought about working on a little TDD.[/quote']

Yet everyone looks past that Kongo fight because he knocked big Nog out. Gotta love the idea of "trends" lol.

I would be shocked if Cain wears the belt any time in the near future but i've been shocked before.

i totally agree with Rogan and will jump on his ****y of Velasquez lol. im sold on Velasquez after back to back stoppages over Rothwell and Big Nog. i know the UFC wont make this fight but i would love to see Velasquez vs. Dos Santos to see whose the ultimate heavyweight prospect. if Velasquez fights Carwin or Lesnar i do see him having a problem with their size but i wont count him out against those guys

http://www.fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Joe-Rogan-on-Cain-Velasquez-He-is-frighteningly-talented-and-frighteningly-dedicated.html

i think the UFC wants that match to happen for the title...

I can't stand Cain. He's a helluva fighter' date=' I just don't like him. Either Brock or Carwin will hand him his first loss, and it will be in convincing fashion. Hell, Kongo would have beat him if he ever thought about working on a little TDD.[/quote']

I'd say Kongo would need to do a ****load more than 'work on a little TDD.' Cain is a top notch wrestler.

My thoughts exactly. Even his trainers said he would have lost if Kongo had been a more complete fighter. I think he'll lose at his title shot. I think JDS is the next big contender.

If there was a 206 to 235 weight class, Cain and JDS would be the kings of it, but I'm not sure either one's going to be able to handle Carwin, or especially Brock's size in combination with their wrestling.

I'd love to eventually see JDS vs Cain, if for the title that would be especially awesome. I'd have to root for JDS personally though.

what people dont seem to realise is the cain that got rocked by kongo is not the same one thats training today. His boxing has come on leaps and bounds since that fight and id bet if they were to fight again cain would be able to stand with him until he went for the takedown.

This is a good point. I'm not sure Cain is quite at Kongo's level in the stand-up yet, but he's improved dramatically since that fight. Which is impressive considering that fight was less than a year ago. But yeah, Cain's biggest issue against Lesnar or Carwin will be size. He's just too small at 240. Apparently Cain will be waiting for the winner of Lesnar/Carwin and won't have to fight first, which means he has 8-9 months to put on some weight before getting his shot. I wouldn't be surprised if we start hearing reports of Cain doing a Mir and bulking up for the rest of this year.

If there was a 206 to 235 weight class' date=' Cain and JDS would be the kings of it, but I'm not sure either one's going to be able to handle Carwin, or especially Brock's size in combination with their wrestling.

I'd love to eventually see JDS vs Cain, if for the title that would be especially awesome. I'd have to root for JDS personally though.[/quote']

i dont think there needs to be a crusierweight division

cain is the best HW in the ufc hes gonna run throught this division' date=' he has more strings to his bow then any other heavy weight[/quote']

we don't know this Ron. We have never seen Carwin or JDS off their feet. So it's hard to call.

Not that I'm disagreeing with you. I just think we still have a lot to see.

-buy the ticket. take the ride.

Archived