The REAL reason Bj is getting a rematch..

Atticus77

The only reason Bj is getting an immediate rematch is because Frankie is not a marketable champion yet. Just because he squeaked out a controversial decision against the #1 Lightweight doesn't mean people are going to buy the ppv's he fights in. This rematch is pure genius in business terms. If Bj wins the rematch then the UFC will once again have a strong marketable champion at 155 that people will fork over money to see. If Frankie wins then it will be his second victory over the #1 guy and not only make him a credible champion in the eyes of the skeptics, but give him massive marketing potentional. People pay to see championship fights, the UFC wants to make as much as possible when its champions fight, and it can't do that with Frankie at this point in time. This rematch is a win-win for the UFC, which is the ONLY reason it's happening.

All these people getting on here complaining about how Bj is a baby and is "getting his way"are just haters. Period. All Bj has done is be the most marketable Lightweight MMA fighter, and hes's earned that by being the best Lightweight in the world. You can say Bj hasn't earned his rematch all you want, but the truth is he has. He's earned it by beating **** for 10 years and putting on exciting fights, and he has the PPV numbers to prove it. It's not Bj's fault people don't want to watch Frankie, so don't hate him for bailing out the UFC.

okay for the ufc they want money so thats a good reason.......

But the TRUE reason hes getting a rematch, well, ima quote what i said b4 cuz i dont feel like typing it again:

"no one should be seriously complainin about this at all. they think evry1 should have a fair chance at the belt. its a sport! Its about who is the best. the ufc already wastes time with ppl who shuldnt be fighting for a title enough.We know BJ is the best. Maybe Edgar is better. maybe not. but anyone else fighting bj would be pointless. this is bj's 2nd loss at lw ever. hes beatn the best. theres not point in wasting time. edgar didnt ko bj or completely outwrestle him the whole fight. theres nobody better to test his first title D then the last champ. if he beats him again, the same way or not, he deserves it."

BJ is getting a rematch is because:

1) BJ won the fight and got screwed by the judges

2) BJ was sluggish due to antibiotics for a sinus infection

3) People will pay to watch Frankie get his **** whooped

1) Bj shouldnt have left it in the hands of the judges, thats not his style and it cost him.

2) Don't make excuses for Bj. When Bj was asked about his knee and sinus problems he didnt comment because he didn't want to take away from Frankie.. his fans should do the same

3) People will pay to watch Bj be the best Lightweight, same as always. Difference is people wont pay to watch Frankie to the extent that they will pay to watch Bj... which is why he is getting an immediate rematch

BJ is getting a rematch is because:

1) BJ won the fight and got screwed by the judges

2) BJ was sluggish due to antibiotics for a sinus infection

3) People will pay to watch Frankie get his **** whooped

Sluggish due to antibiotics? Are you kidding me? Seriously? Worst ****ing excuse I've ever heard.

In basic training I had to take antibiotics for a stomach condition and I was fine. I still had to perform my same duties and keep up with everyone else. ****tiest excuse I've ever heard. Worse than the GSP grease excuses.

Sluggish due to antibiotics? Are you kidding me? Seriously? Worst ****ing excuse I've ever heard.

In basic training I had to take antibiotics for a stomach condition and I was fine. I still had to perform my same duties and keep up with everyone else. ****tiest excuse I've ever heard. Worse than the GSP grease excuses.

BJ IS NOT MAKING THIS EXCUSE! Don't blame Bj, he never once made any comment relating to this.

In basic training I had to take antibiotics for a stomach condition and I was fine

You can't compare BASIC training to fighting. They call it BASIC training because it is so easy, a caveman can do it.

You could have been half dead in basic training and no one would give two *****. Anyone who saw that fight could see that Bj looked like **** in there and that his head wasn't in the game before the cage even closed. Be it sinus infection or anti biotics or whatever fact is that Bj was not normal.

1) Bj shouldnt have left it in the hands of the judges' date=' thats not his style and it cost him.

2) Don't make excuses for Bj. When Bj was asked about his knee and sinus problems he didnt comment because he didn't want to take away from Frankie.. his fans should do the same

3) People will pay to watch Bj be the best Lightweight, same as always. Difference is people wont pay to watch Frankie to the extent that they will pay to watch Bj... which is why he is getting an immediate rematch[/quote']

1. thats true and even tho he won in my eye, well thats true.

2.like Dan Hendo, BJ is respectful and doesnt just make up stuff for nothing. SAY WHAT YOU WANT ABOUT GSP PPL, but that was ONE fight. It wasnt tito with an excuse everytime. This said, if bj doesnt want to talk about doesnt mean we cant

3. NOT THE ONLY REASON, like i said b4

Well you didnt hear that from bj, i dont agree with it either

EDIT: i didnt mean i dont agree with the sinus, that already kills u enough

You could have been half dead in basic training and no one would give two *****. Anyone who saw that fight could see that Bj looked like **** in there and that his head wasn't in the game before the cage even closed. Be it sinus infection or anti biotics or whatever fact is that Bj was not normal.

What's your point that he wasn't "normal"? More ****ing excuses. Michael Jordan played in numerous playoff games with the FLU and kicked ****. As a champion you have to rise above and BJ did not do that. More excuses from his fanbase.

1. thats true and even tho he won in my eye' date=' well thats true.

2.like Dan Hendo, BJ is respectful and doesnt just make up stuff for nothing. SAY WHAT YOU WANT ABOUT GSP PPL, but that was ONE fight. It wasnt tito with an excuse everytime. This said, if bj doesnt want to talk about doesnt mean we cant

[b']3. NOT THE ONLY REASON, like i said b4[/b]

Maybe not the only, but certainly the biggest. If the UFC wasnt going to make **** off of the fight then they wouldnt have done it. Did GSP get an immediate rematch after losing to Serra? No, because Serra had marketing potential. Deep down the UFC doesn't operate on pleasing the fans, giving the fighters what they want, or being fair to newly minted champions.. they care about making money. And with Frankie being champ right now they are losing money. Maybe when Bj's career is over guys like Frankie will have an easier time.

What's your point that he wasn't "normal"? More ****ing excuses. Michael Jordan played in numerous playoff games with the FLU and kicked ****. As a champion you have to rise above and BJ did not do that. More excuses from his fanbase.

lol right a "true champ" must be so far superior to his peers that despite illness lowering the functionality of their body they must still win. Brock is a clown for sitting in the hospital instead of taking Carwin on while ill. And Big Nog got ko' ed for the first time in his career by Frank Mir (lol) because of Frank's vastly superior skills.

Maybe not the only' date=' but certainly the biggest. If the UFC wasnt going to make **** off of the fight then they wouldnt have done it. Did GSP get an immediate rematch after losing to Serra? No, because Serra had marketing potential. Deep down the UFC doesn't operate on pleasing the fans, giving the fighters what they want, or being fair to newly minted champions.. they care about making money. And with Frankie being champ right now they are losing money. Maybe when Bj's career is over guys like Frankie will have an easier time.[/quote']

Serra KOd GSP. big diff. like i said b4

lol right a "true champ" must be so far superior to his peers that despite illness lowering the functionality of their body they must still win. Brock is a clown for sitting in the hospital instead of taking Carwin on while ill. And Big Nog got ko' ed for the first time in his career by Frank Mir (lol) because of Frank's vastly superior skills.

These examples are fastly different then that of Bj's. Brock's illness was life threatening, as sinus infection is not. Big Nog came out and said that the reason he did not perform well was because of a staph infection, Bj came out and made no such claims about his illness affecting his game. All Bj has said was Frankie came out and did his thing. I'm the biggest Penn sack swinger on these forums and I think its time that Penn fans take a page out of Bj's book (metaphorically speaking, not his actual book :cool:) and be the bigger men.

lol right a "true champ" must be so far superior to his peers that despite illness lowering the functionality of their body they must still win. Brock is a clown for sitting in the hospital instead of taking carwin on while ill. And big nog got ko' ed for the first time in his career by frank mir (lol) because of frank's vastly superior skills.

like i said, excuse made by his fanbase and not the fighter himself. This is why it's so pathetic. Thanks for proving me right again.

These examples are fastly different then that of Bj's. Brock's illness was life threatening' date=' as sinus infection is not. Big Nog came out and said that the reason he did not perform well was because of a staph infection, Bj came out and made no such claims about his illness affecting his game. All Bj has said was Frankie came out and did his thing. I'm the biggest Penn sack swinger on these forums and I think its time that Penn fans take a page out of Bj's book (metaphorically speaking, not his actual book :cool:) and be the bigger men.[/quote']

Props to Bj for taking the high road and giving Edgar his due. But this is a discussion forum and we are not fighters. We discuss the fights and fighters. And anyone who saw the fights knows Bj did not look himself and his trainer then mentions illness. Talking about it here is just what happens there is no high road to be taken.

Serra KOd GSP. big diff. like i said b4

Everyone knew Serra go lucky. If anything Serra's lucky punch should have entitled GSP to an immediate rematch, since punches like that can happen with 4oz gloves. Edgar fought a tough match with Bj for 25 minutes, and did enough to get the win.. which is much more difficult when you really think about it.

like i said' date=' excuse made by his fanbase and not the fighter himself. This is why it's so pathetic. Thanks for proving me right again.[/quote']

It proves that the military trained you well, literate enough to read but not comprehend and single tack in your thought process.

It proves that the military trained you well' date=' literate enough to read but not comprehend and single tack in your thought process.[/quote']

It's really sad you have to rely on personal insults to defend your favorite fighter when I, in truth, didn't even say anything bad about him. And my reading comprehension is just fine. You made excuses like several other posters and even a blind man could see that.

Quit being an ****. Thanks.

Props to Bj for taking the high road and giving Edgar his due. But this is a discussion forum and we are not fighters. We discuss the fights and fighters. And anyone who saw the fights knows Bj did not look himself and his trainer then mentions illness. Talking about it here is just what happens there is no high road to be taken.

Possibly. Personally, I think it's much more logical for a discussion to be absent of what ifs and hearsay. So Penn didn't look himself, ok I'll play ball. He looked tired and soft in the middle, I agree.. but that doesnt mean he had an illness. It just means that he didn't look the way he did against his previous opponents. Perhaps he looked tired and slighty out of shape because it was the first time he had his training camp in Hilo since his GSP loss. Bj is known to come to fights some what pudgy with a shallow gas tank when he trains in Hilo, which could be what we saw at 112. Is that reason? probably not, but it seems much more logical and is "taking the high road".. rather then chalking it up to an illness Bj himself has not come out and blamed.

Possibly. Personally' date=' I think it's much more logical for a discussion to be absent of what ifs and hearsay. So Penn didn't look himself, ok I'll play ball. He looked tired and soft in the middle, I agree.. but that doesnt mean he had an illness. It just means that he didn't look the way he did against his previous opponents. Perhaps he looked tired and slighty out of shape because it was the first time he had his training camp in Hilo since his GSP loss. Bj is known to come to fights some what pudgy with a shallow gas tank when he trains in Hilo, which could be what we saw at 112. Is that reason? probably not, but it seems much more logical and is "taking the high road".. rather then chalking it up to an illness Bj himself has not come out and blamed.[/quote']

Bj has not come out and blamed because it would disrespect and take away from Edgar. We are not in that position. And the rumors of this illness and antibiotic use came from his trainer which would make it a credible source.

motivator4f541ddf6333e8779776953282.jpg

Bj has not come out and blamed because it would disrespect and take away from Edgar. We are not in that position. And the rumors of this illness and antibiotic use came from his trainer which would make it a credible source.

Bj has come out and said what was the cause for his losses on numerous occasions, regardless of taking away from his opponent. When he lost to Hughes he admitted to having a broken rib which led to having no strength in his core, with GSP there was the whole greasing scandal, which could have ruined GSP's career (even though the allegations were true).. point is, Bj himself has no problem coming out and claiming what issue was at fault, if the sinus infection was an issue then Bj would have admitted to it, not Rudy Valentino.

Bj has come out and said what was the cause for his losses on numerous occasions' date=' regardless of taking away from his opponent. When he lost to Hughes he admitted to having a broken rib which led to having no strength in his core, with GSP there was the whole greasing scandal, which could have ruined GSP's career (even though the allegations were true).. point is, Bj himself has no problem coming out and claiming what issue was at fault, if the sinus infection was an issue then Bj would have admitted to it, not Rudy Valentino.[/quote']

Your right. Rather than see this as proof that there was no infection I see this as proof that Bj has grown up some and learned from his past mistakes. I see it this way because Bj avoids the question everytime by saying " I don't want to take anything away from Edgar" not "There was no sinus infection."

Your right. Rather than see this as proof that there was no infection I see this as proof that Bj has grown up some and learned from his past mistakes. I see it this way because Bj avoids the question everytime by saying " I don't want to take anything away from Edgar" not "There was no sinus infection."

Why can't you follow BJ's lead and grow up as well?

No kidding! The guy is a d0uche anyway. Thats what you call being desperate to have post that.

Lol Overrated, all you posts are desperate. You even have Frankie Edgar in your sig just as desperate attempt to piss off Penn fans. If you dont have anything to bring to the table in terms of my OP or the current discussion then GTFO of my thread, your trolling is not welcome.

Wow' date=' lets insult French Canadians a little more. Too funny.[/quote']

I'm sorry I'll tell you what. I'll stop flaming French Canadians when you French Canadians stop turning every Bj Penn thread into a Bj fans vs Gsp fans thread. If you can't handle the flame don't start the war.

Good point.

Penn gets a bad wrap for making "excuses" after his losses, and as long as his fans continue to ride what ifs then he will continue to be label as such. If Bj chooses to take the higher road when questioned about this topic, though not denying it, I think his forum fans should do the same. I see no fun in arguing a moot point with Penn haters lol

Lol Overrated' date=' all you posts are desperate. You even have Frankie Edgar in your sig just as desperate attempt to piss off Penn fans. If you dont have anything to bring to the table in terms of my OP or the current discussion then GTFO of my thread, your trolling is not welcome.[/quote']

Your the biggest troll on here.

Frankie will kick his **** again.

I'm sorry I'll tell you what. I'll stop flaming French Canadians when you French Canadians stop turning every Bj Penn thread into a Bj fans vs Gsp fans thread. If you can't handle the flame don't start the war.

+1

Seriously Overrated, either discuss the OP or GTFO. I don't like you, nor do I like you turning my thread into a flame war. Either discuss something relevant to the thread or kindly leave.

randit, BJ est surestim?. Vous et vous Bj fan-club peut garder de la conversation aussi chacun autre sur qu'il est grand. Partir votre pli aveugle.

Your the biggest troll on here.

Frankie will kick his **** again.

your an idiot, you will jump on the bandwagon of anyone who beats bj cause you dont like him, if he beats frankie and then loses his next fight your gunna be doing the same **** your doing right now

keep your bj hatred to yourself.

randit' date=' BJ est surestim?. Vous et vous Bj fan-club peut garder de la conversation aussi chacun autre sur qu'il est grand. Partir votre pli aveugle.[/quote']

This is a step in the right direction. Keep posting in a language most here don't know and most of us will be better off.

Archived