Strikeforce - Like watching the OLD WCW...

HaymakerJnr

Watching a strikeforce event is like watching the old WCW as it tried to rival the WWE....they try too hard to make it work! I mean interviewing a fighter just before they ring walk....i was half expecting Shields to come out of no where with a steel chair and bring his own referee so he can pin hendo for the 123.....!

Watching a strikeforce event is like watching the old WCW as it tried to rival the WWE....they try too hard to make it work! I mean interviewing a fighter just before they ring walk....i was half expecting Shields to come out of no where with a steel chair and bring his own referee so he can pin hendo for the 123.....!

i was bad but it wasnt that bad sheesh

Obviously watching it through 'UFC Tinted' glasses.

I have to say that the Fedor event went off much better than this one. The whole show seemed to be out of sync.

Did you see the computer simulation they did of Shields vs Hendo, Haha that was funny, Imagine Joe Rogan and Mike Goldberg talking through some footage from Undisputed in the build up to a fight - who thought that was a good idea?

Obviously watching it through 'UFC Tinted' glasses.

I enjoy watching lots of promotions....i used to watch Strikeforce/Elite XC all the time, as well as IFL and K1....i just cant stand when promotions try too hard

Lets be honest:

The Commentary is shocking - i mean the guy makes up words!

The fights dont tend to be exciting unless you got Diaz, Fedor or Rogers fighting,

The Octagon looked cheap and tackie

The gloves looked of poor quality (on going issue with Strikeforce)

The ring announcer is rubbish

The pre fight interviews are gay

The post fight "fight" was pathetic

The show is a shambles....simple

Did you see the computer simulation they did of Shields vs Hendo' date=' Haha that was funny, Imagine Joe Rogan and Mike Goldberg talking through some footage from Undisputed in the build up to a fight - who thought that was a good idea?[/quote']

I don;t know what happened because the Fedor event wa almost perfectly timed. This whole show was poorly run.

I enjoy watching lots of promotions....i used to watch Strikeforce/Elite XC all the time' date=' as well as IFL and K1....i just cant stand when promotions try too hard

Lets be honest:

The Commentary is shocking - i mean the guy makes up words!

The fights dont tend to be exciting unless you got Diaz, Fedor or Rogers fighting,

[b']The Octagon looked cheap and tackie

The gloves looked of poor quality (on going issue with Strikeforce)

The ring announcer is rubbish[/b]

The pre fight interviews are gay

The post fight "fight" was pathetic

The show is a shambles....simple

I personally dont give a damn about these points, I watch the fights not how good the gloves look. are you serious?

Come on, there is saying yeah the fights were boring (which they werent) or the commentary was bad but 'the gloves looked poor quality' ha ha

the biggest thing that i thought was funny was how they kept trying to push that they are the biggest and best mma promotion i was like huh are they forgetting about ufc and imo only one i want to see come from there to the ufc is fedor i think the rest wouldnt have a chance at a belt and anyone who thinks king mo would have a shot is crazy

I personally dont give a damn about these points' date=' I watch the fights not how good the gloves look. are you serious?

Come on, there is saying yeah the fights were boring (which they werent) or the commentary was bad but 'the gloves looked poor quality' ha ha[/quote']

Yeah but thats the thing...these things all add up and when you look at the way UFC or WEC run the events...everything about it is near perfect - the gloves looked too big and really tackie....the octagon looks like its gonna fall to pieces....these things matter

Yeah but thats the thing...these things all add up and when you look at the way UFC or WEC run the events...everything about it is near perfect - the gloves looked too big and really tackie....the octagon looks like its gonna fall to pieces....these things matter

Not to me - didnt notice the gloves and the octagon looked fine to me, sounds like nit picking pettyness to me

Watching Strikeforce show over the weekend was like watching an under ground wrestling company trying to compete with the big dogs. Its was terrible, Mo and Mousasi would get drilled in the UFC, I hope Dana doesnt sign any of them because the first death may actually occur in the octagon. Shield would do fine but not champion material but could be a contender. I was very disappointed in Strikeforce, Strikeforce should make an agreement with the ufc to become a minor league for up and coming fighters giving them the experience they need to make a run at the UFC. I hope they don't come back to Nashville!

Watching Strikeforce show over the weekend was like watching an under ground wrestling company trying to compete with the big dogs. Its was terrible' date=' Mo and Mousasi would get drilled in the UFC, I hope Dana doesnt sign any of them because the first death may actually occur in the octagon. Shield would do fine but not champion material but could be a contender. I was very disappointed in Strikeforce, Strikeforce should make an agreement with the ufc to become a minor league for up and coming fighters giving them the experience they need to make a run at the UFC. I hope they don't come back to Nashville![/quote']

I agree King Mo would get owned in the UFC; however, I do not think that Gegard would "get drilled in the UFC". Mousasi would be an instant threat to the LHW belt. Obviously, the only weak facet of his game is takedown defense; however, he did a lot of damage from his back through striking. The Lawal/Mousasi fight was a joke and a minor speedbump in Mousasi's eventually legendary career. Machida vs. Mousasi would be a technically brilliant bout

I agree King Mo would get owned in the UFC; however' date=' I do not think that Gegard would "get drilled in the UFC". Mousasi would be an instant threat to the LHW belt. Obviously, the only weak facet of his game is takedown defense; however, he did a lot of damage from his back through striking. The Lawal/Mousasi fight was a joke and a minor speedbump in Mousasi's eventually legendary career. Machida vs. Mousasi would be a technically brilliant bout[/quote']

I agree with your points but at the same time Mousasi was the champion and didnt fight like the champion. Mo is not a great fighter, ran out of gas and couldnt finish the fight. Mousasi defense of strag was great and for the most part looked as he still had energy in him. Why he didnt beat Mo when he was tired beats me. But you know Mousasi would have a very tough time with top UFC LHW fighters because majority have condition, striking and ground game. They are different fighters then MO who wouldnt make it in the UFC but some how manage to become champion.

I agree with your points but at the same time Mousasi was the champion and didnt fight like the champion. Mo is not a great fighter' date=' ran out of gas and couldnt finish the fight. Mousasi defense of strag was great and for the most part looked as he still had energy in him. Why he didnt beat Mo when he was tired beats me. But you know Mousasi would have a very tough time with top UFC LHW fighters because majority have condition, striking and ground game. They are different fighters then MO who wouldnt make it in the UFC but some how manage to become champion.[/quote']

Good points. I think this may have been a reality check for Mousasi. After a 15 fight win streak he was probably feeling near invincible and may have taken King Mo lightly. Shockingly enough, Mousasi gassed around round 4ish. He should have finished him in round 2. I think Mousasi will look at this fight a million times and it will inspire him to move from near invincible to invincible. dudes only 24, right? he needs to get back to the bag, train takedown defense and head to the UFC. i still think he could hang with most of the LHWs. the only one he might have a problem with is Rashad because Rashad is a wrestler.

Archived